What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Succession on HBO (1 Viewer)

Tom referring to the presumed "light" cruise line sexual harassment investigation...

:lmao:
That guy is really good.

Shiv is annoying. "She thinks she's smarter than she is" is perfect.

And the reveal that Logan put Rhea up to the Shiv/PGM idea...brilliant, but ouch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some thoughts after last night ...

Jeremy Strong should have an emmy. He has dominated Season 2, and I'm not talking about L to the OG.

Shiv's dress ...

Is it possible Logan has been setting up Rhea from the start?

The Rhea stuff and all the backstabbing, plotting, the past couple weeks has taken the show well into a fantasy realm, but its still good.

A little disappointed that, with 2 episodes left, the show is almost entirely focused on setting up season 3.

If Gregory ends up running the company, I really think the entire multi-year investment will be down the drain.  It seems possible right now.

Marcia is the real OG - complete badass.

Roman is still a great character, but his primary role in the show seems to be limited to delivering one-liners.

Ewan is definitely financially backing the whistleblower right? 
100%   I think that was the last thing he said before logan went onstage

I also like how the Roy kids suckered Rhea into their web by absorbing her compliments and then letting her take the CEO role knowing there is a ####storm on the horizon that she doesnt know about

I also like how the Roy kids suckered Rhea into their web by absorbing her compliments and then letting her take the CEO role knowing there is a ####storm on the horizon that she doesnt know about
Show is brilliant. Wish it was Sunday night. 

I think only Shiv is the one who is setting her up on that, at least for now. the boys seem to be warming up to the idea of her because she's buttering them up.

Jeremy Strong may be due an emmy, but there's really no weak link in terms of performance. they're all killing it, even the side characters.

I wish Marcia wouldn't whisper all the time.  I CANNOT hear her.  At all.  Have to go to subtitles.  I get it, but my god, with that accent, I am just unable to decipher what she's saying.

Going to be very careful using the word "awesome" going forward. :oldunsure:

It’s crazy how good this show is. 
Yea. I think if you liked Mad Men, this is just a way better and modern version. Character driven, Steinbeck style in development of the characters without any "whoa" moments. Was recommended to me by a friend who knew I loved Mad Men and it just feels like a better version. Great show 

I stopped reading on page 1 of this thread because the OP started dropping spoilers by post #5 but I just want to say it’s Fn phenomenal. 

I would have binged the whole series in about two nights if my wife wasn’t also into the show. She always falls asleep “early”. 

and gregory is nuts for walking away from all that money
He has huge leverage against the Roys right now, not only because he kept a few documents, but he was the one who destroyed all those docs on Tom's orders.  Since he's not a shareholder, its no skin off his nose if he ####s them.  Meanwhile, to protect the Roys, he's probably going to have to commit perjury.  The family is massively beholding to Gregory right now, and we'll see how smart he really is.  Agree he should have kept his inheritance, but could have done so while still maintaining his leverage against the company.

Hilarious scene when Tom and Connor were talking about how inheriting $5mil is like being the tallest midget.

Also, did everyone notice the great product placement about 15 minutes into the episode?  A bottle of Lagunitas IPA center screen for a minute or so at the Roy's residence.

I wish Marcia wouldn't whisper all the time.  I CANNOT hear her.  At all.  Have to go to subtitles.  I get it, but my god, with that accent, I am just unable to decipher what she's saying.

Going to be very careful using the word "awesome" going forward. :oldunsure:
I wouldn't mind being whisked off in a private jet after carelessly throwing around the word "awesome" a few too many times.  

Shiv is diabolical in the best way. The question is, did she really screw that woman out of her 'justice' or was there some truth to what she promised, and it'll be a nasty surprise as she guts the dinosaurs from the inside the moment she earns Logan's for-real CEO title. I do not think they'll set anyone on this show up as a hero--that undercuts the entire premise--anything she does that is the "right thing" will be purely out of self-interest, with positive PR side effects. 

Of course the more pressing matter will be: is she willing to cut loose her own husband to get ahead. I think we all know the answer to that, but it will probably backfire after he knows he's been screwed. Awkward. 

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with Marcia. She's been far too quiet and cut out of the action this season, and that was before she was disgruntled. She's always been a mystery they could reveal at any time.

He alluded to that possibly being the case, but he wasn't explicit about it. Naomi is a dark horse.

With that last line, I immediately thought they were talking about Tom which left me surprised when I saw much of the chatter online that it was referring to Kendall. Seems like it would be very hard to claim that the issue made it up as high as Kendall without implicating other members of the family/inner circle, and Logan especially.

I'm ok if they bag Tom and Gregory.  The tone and inflection of their voices irks me.
These two have been the main comic relief in the show in Season 2.  Both are still generally presented as bumbling idiots -- ignorant and oblivious, but with an undercurrent of backstabbing betrayal in their DNA.

Season 1 was more straddling the line between straight comedy and drama with most all of the main characters, but the tone has changed in season 2.  Even Roman's constant one-liners are more for dramatic effect than comedic.

With that last line, I immediately thought they were talking about Tom which left me surprised when I saw much of the chatter online that it was referring to Kendall. Seems like it would be very hard to claim that the issue made it up as high as Kendall without implicating other members of the family/inner circle, and Logan especially.
It’s Greg imo 

Isn't he supposed to be a 20-something kid just getting his feet wet? 

And he has the receipts.
They need somebody to toss under the bus. Greg checked out the boxes, signed his name like the idiot he is and so they can say he acted alone outside the rest of the family. Also, it gives Logan a chance to strike back against his brother and give him some satisfaction there. It’s all been hinted at with him turning down the 250M to stay with Logan. We all know Logan won’t be loyal in return. 

Capella said:
They need somebody to toss under the bus. Greg checked out the boxes, signed his name like the idiot he is and so they can say he acted alone outside the rest of the family. Also, it gives Logan a chance to strike back against his brother and give him some satisfaction there. It’s all been hinted at with him turning down the 250M to stay with Logan. We all know Logan won’t be loyal in return. 
Damn that's some cutthroat sh!t there...   I think that is entirely possible.  I cannot see it being Kendall, but.....   Tom, I could see also.  

Capella said:
Its a good idea, but I think they will need someone bigger than Greg the Egg.  They are already planning to serve up the former head of the cruise division, and will need someone bigger than him if they want to appease the congress (putting aside for the moment how ridiculous it is that there would be a congressional hearing on something like this, days after the story broke.)  This is the season finale.  My guess is it will end unresolved with everyone in the mix including Logan.

Loved season 1. Jumped the shark in ep3 of season 2. Will still watch.  But this is not world class tv.  

HOT TAKE:  I love love love this show, as my previous takes make clear, and I've enjoyed Season 2 just as much as Season 1.  I also love Holly Hunter. But I haven't really enjoyed Holly Hunter on this show.  Her work with this character just seems ... blah.

Anyone else having this reaction?

Its a good idea, but I think they will need someone bigger than Greg the Egg.  They are already planning to serve up the former head of the cruise division, and will need someone bigger than him if they want to appease the congress (putting aside for the moment how ridiculous it is that there would be a congressional hearing on something like this, days after the story broke.)  This is the season finale.  My guess is it will end unresolved with everyone in the mix including Logan.
Greg is a family member - Logan’s nephew. To the outside you wouldn’t toss blood under the bus unless it was legit. Plus Greg is super dumb it would infuriate Logan’s brother. 

HOT TAKE:  I love love love this show, as my previous takes make clear, and I've enjoyed Season 2 just as much as Season 1.  I also love Holly Hunter. But I haven't really enjoyed Holly Hunter on this show.  Her work with this character just seems ... blah.

Anyone else having this reaction?
Yes. She doesn't seem plausible in this role, or the character doesn't, I can't imagine a high-powered CEO talking in weird, whispery metaphors that much.

Also I know this isn't woke, but it's clear she's talking over some dentures, which is why she now sounds like Stan's sister from South Park.

I felt like I missed an episode that showed how the Rhea character went from what seemed like more of an advisor to the Pierce family to being the CEO of a multi-billion $ company.

I felt like I missed an episode that showed how the Rhea character went from what seemed like more of an advisor to the Pierce family to being the CEO of a multi-billion $ company.
Most every week there's a major new plot direction you just have to roll with. 

Obviously, the episode set up that last line for everyone to think Logan is talking about Tom/Greg, especially since he said it to Shiv. Since it seems a bit telegraphed, I get why people are thinking they'll pull the rug out and have it be Kendall. Logan did throw Kendall to the wolves at the hearing, it just so happened that Kendall stepped up and hit a home run. 

I think there have been deliberate signs that Logan "loves" Kendall the most, like when he was only considered about Kendall's safety during the shooting at their building. My money is on Tom being the sacrifice, which would set up all kinds of drama between Shiv, Tom and Greg. Whoever it is, it's tough to see how they'll keep them in the mix on the show unless they find a way to slither away from punishment. 

Users who are viewing this thread