What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL 12th Overall Pick Thread (1 Viewer)

RalphMouth

Footballguy
So.... we lucky ones get two picks in a row but what do we do with them ?

In my league Kamara and Melvin Gordon are both 'keepers' so the RBs will be depleted once it gets to me at pick 1.12

I fully expect Gurley, Bell, Elliott, Johnson, Barkley, Fournette, Dalvin Cook and Hunt gone along with Antonio Brown and Hopkins and either Beckham or Julio Jones.

On paper one would think to take either Beckham or Jones (whichever one doesn't get drafted) and follow up with the best available RB which is either Devonta Freeman or

McCoy. However, McCoy scares me even if he's not in legal trouble and Freeman seems to be trending downward. Would I be better off going WR,WR with my first two picks....

lets say Julio Jones and Keenan Allen and then see what RBs are left at the end of the 3rd or am I forced to get a RB since the most likely ones will be Alex Collins, Kenyon

Drake or Ronald Jones II ?

Go with the BPA at that spot.  Don't force a RB if you don't like the RB's that are left on the board.  I really have no problem going with two elite WR's in this spot. 

Go with the BPA at that spot.  Don't force a RB if you don't like the RB's that are left on the board.  I really have no problem going with two elite WR's in this spot. 
I agree with this. The first 4 to 6 rounds should be best available. Then fill your roster needs after. 

Gally said:
Exactly this. With limited keepers and this kind of draft you should take BPA until all top 12 players at each position are gone. Then switch to drafting for need.

Where do you think RB value falls tier wise where you would go WR/WR the first two picks ?

Most would say Gurley, Elliott, Bell, Johnson, Kamara, Fournette, Hunt, Gordon, Barkley and Cook are the top 10 RBs.

How do you feel about Devonta Freeman, Jordan Howard ?  Would you want one of them in pick 1.12 or 2.1 or would you rather

have two stud WRs?

RalphMouth said:
Where do you think RB value falls tier wise where you would go WR/WR the first two picks ?

Most would say Gurley, Elliott, Bell, Johnson, Kamara, Fournette, Hunt, Gordon, Barkley and Cook are the top 10 RBs.

How do you feel about Devonta Freeman, Jordan Howard ?  Would you want one of them in pick 1.12 or 2.1 or would you rather

have two stud WRs?
Nope

RalphMouth said:

have two stud WRs?
It's tough to say because it would depend on the WR's available.  There are WR's I would rather have than many of the "top 10" rb's you listed.  For the first few rounds of the draft I select players based on who I think is the best player regardless of position.  I don't force a player "because I have to have a RB".  I think you get in trouble when you start to do that. 

I like drafting WR's high anyway. If your league is drafting up all those 10 RB's that means Hopkins or Beckam (Both? :o ) would be there at the end of the round... that would be crazy though. But if so don't even hesitate, and grab them!!

If Gordon & kamara are keepers; who are you keeping?  How are the other players you listed not keepers?

Man, I could have almost asked this exact question in my main league, about the only difference is that Hunt is a keeper also.

Freeman and Howard are the safe plays for a RB and taking the best available WR is the answer without knowing who your keepers are. If you are keeping any RB's that might quickly change the answer to going for two top wr's.

My keeper will be Marvin Jones - I give up a 10th round pick. Other than Kamara & Gordon there are no other 'keepers' slotted in the top 36 picks.

My keeper will be Marvin Jones - I give up a 10th round pick. Other than Kamara & Gordon there are no other 'keepers' slotted in the top 36 picks.
I'd roll with best available RB and best available WR. You never know, someone may drop. Get yourself a good RB like Freeman, Howard or even McCaffrey. I wouldn't want to gamble on who may be there at the 3/4 turn.

Actually Marvin Jones is my keeper and I give up the 12th round pick for him-  Not a bad #3 WR

My thinking is Freeman and best WR available is way to go at 12th and 13th overall. Howard scares me (Tarik Cowen & Bear O actually is scaring me)

and then see what I can get in the 3rd. 

RalphMouth said:
ok...what about starting off with 2 Rbs ?

this year the RB talents falls off a cliff so fast..
Don't force a position.  Take the best players on the board regardless of position.

Users who are viewing this thread