What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Avenatti Thread (1 Viewer)

Without Avenatti and Trump’s lover, Stormy, we’d never know the resemblance of Trump and the mushroom guy on Mario Kart.

Guess I’ll just vote for Oprah...

So you think the shirt was a joke?
No, but that has nothing to do with proving that Lawrence O'Donnell took Avenatti seriously as a Presidential candidate or participated in a discussion about that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
>>Avenatti's near constant presence at Democratic events over the last two weeks has caused some Democrats to reconsider their belief that the lawyer's run is a publicity stunt aimed at annoying the President.<<

- He was just annoying Trump.

It’s definitely true some liberals fell into it, but.... in the end he attended a handful of Dem events, but never filed paperwork and never ran. He didn’t run for President. Anyway, the rich, narcissist, tv celebrity opportunist demo was already taken.

>>Avenatti's near constant presence at Democratic events over the last two weeks has caused some Democrats to reconsider their belief that the lawyer's run is a publicity stunt aimed at annoying the President.<<

- He was just annoying Trump.

It’s definitely true some liberals fell into it, but.... in the end he attended a handful of Dem events, but never filed paperwork and never ran. He didn’t run for President. Anyway, the rich, narcissist, tv celebrity opportunist demo was already taken.
Wasn’t he leading in all the major polls after Obama explicitly endorsed him for President?

This reminds me of the Don Lemon thing. Ultimately a SOS lied about and attacked a reporter because she asked direct questions about Ukraine. Rather than deal with that, the attack was on Lemon and Rick Wilson who mocked Trump’s ignorance of basic history and geography. Avenatti is a criminal ####### but he also exposed the President’s own criminal behavior, which is something. He landed in jail, Trump’s lawyer landed in jail, and Trump was prominent in a federal criminal indictment. Ugly, ugly situation.

Yep, article here. Headline says. 

Michael Avenatti is winning the 2020 democratic primary

Obama in article 14 times. Pretty compelling stuff. 
There’s no poll here and it’s from 9/18. This is about how Avenatti was a harbinger of Dems turning to Trumpian tactics, which by & large hasn’t happened.

There’s no poll here and it’s from 9/18. This is about how Avenatti was a harbinger of Dems turning to Trumpian tactics, which by & large hasn’t happened.
Clearly mentions obama 14 times. Search it. Not sure what more proof you need besides that headline and obama's name. 

People still read articles? Pffft. 

Clearly mentions obama 14 times. Search it. Not sure what more proof you need besides that headline and obama's name. 

I understand the part about Obama, I looked at it, What does Obama have to do with it?

(unless this is a really subtle joke, in which case yeah I'm bad at internet)

I understand the part about Obama, I looked at it, What does Obama have to do with it?

(unless this is a really subtle joke, in which case yeah I'm bad at internet)
Just a joke. Somebody said obama endorsed him which was false of course and they were joking. Maurile hopped on, i found an article with a misleading headline that also mentioned obama a bunch and hopped on too.

Thank you. Journalism has really gone down hill the last 20 years.These articles aren't even worth reading anymore. Just look at the facts from it like you did and you share it. Reading it is a waste of time. 

Thank you. Journalism has really gone down hill the last 20 years.These articles aren't even worth reading anymore. Just look at the facts from it like you did and you share it. Reading it is a waste of time. 
I do find myself incredibly disappointed by journalists on a pretty regular basis. The thing that chaps me the most is when they get facts completely wrong and when they have it pointed out to them repeatedly they still dont fix it. 

I dont mean debatable things either. I mean things "he has never been charged with any of these crimes" and then providing the author with actual copies of the indictmemts, sworn testimony from one of the officers involved, and a copy of open court records all proving he has been charged. 

Any journalist that writes something that is not true should rush to update it once they learn otherwise. A simple update of he has been charged, but not convicted. 

I do find myself incredibly disappointed by journalists on a pretty regular basis. The thing that chaps me the most is when they get facts completely wrong and when they have it pointed out to them repeatedly they still dont fix it. 

I dont mean debatable things either. I mean things "he has never been charged with any of these crimes" and then providing the author with actual copies of the indictmemts, sworn testimony from one of the officers involved, and a copy of open court records all proving he has been charged. 

Any journalist that writes something that is not true should rush to update it once they learn otherwise. A simple update of he has been charged, but not convicted. 
Well I was mostly joking- you know if the quality is down and it's not worth reading, why is it worth sharing or taking any info from? It's just the nature of where we are at now. People want the quick and easily digestible story and since the media is totally profit driven now, they give the people what they want. The media has never been good about correcting itself and it isn't profitable to correct themselves. No different then 20 years ago heading into the Iraq War, all the stories about how big of a threat Iraq was made the front pages. The corrections to those stories were buried deep in the paper. 

On 7/18/2018 at 9:54 AM, Mystery Achiever said:
He's a D who. during college, IIRC, worked on Gephart's campaign and also worked for Rahm Emanuel's oppo research. 
He's said he won't run for a congressional or AG position, but it is more than a rumor that he'll consider a 2020 presidential run. But not necessarily more than a publicity stunt He contends that  only a street fighter can beat Trump, so says he'll run (you know,to save the country) if he doesn't see another candidate he's confident can beat Trump. Thinks only a few currently speculated to run qualify. And, of course, he won't name them
If you consider this "hailing" or praise, I don't know what to tell you.   :shrug:

Ren gets it.

Ren gets it.

:lmao:  

That is only the first 3 pages, I don't have the energy to go through all 17.

For the reputation of FBG Joe should delete this thread. And probably this entire forum.

The internet is forever.
Umm...most of those posts were spot on as far as what Avenatti was doing...fighting Trump with the same type of dirt he uses.  Also...if you think the Avenatti/Daniels ticket post was serious?  Might want to check your sarcasm/humor meter.

I was off yesterday and during a short road trip I caught about 10-15 minutes of (Medal of Freedom winner) Rush Limbaugh’s show and he made a great point about Avenatti.  He said that the Ds hatred of Trump is so intense that they are particularly vulnerable to being taken in by charlatans like Avenatti. I agree.

Edit: Changed this to read Medal Of Freedom

I was off yesterday and during a short road trip I caught about 10-15 minutes of (Congressional Medal of Honor winner) Rush Limbaugh’s show and he made a great point about Avenatti.  He said that the Ds hatred of Trump is so intense that they are particularly vulnerable to being taken in by charlatans like Avenatti. I agree.
Umm...he didn't win the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Nobody was taken by Avenatti (other than Cohen and Trump being exposed for the Stormy Daniels thing).

Also...to claim Ds are taken by Charlatans...while Trump is as popular as he is...is pretty funny...how many of Trump's charlatans are now in jail?

I was off yesterday and during a short road trip I caught about 10-15 minutes of (Congressional Medal of Honor winner) Rush Limbaugh’s show and he made a great point about Avenatti.  He said that the Ds hatred of Trump is so intense that they are particularly vulnerable to being taken in by charlatans like Avenatti. I agree.
Great point and I agree. It’s  not at all dissimilar to how the current Charlatan was elected. 

Umm...he didn't win the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Nobody was taken by Avenatti (other than Cohen and Trump being exposed for the Stormy Daniels thing).

Also...to claim Ds are taken by Charlatans...while Trump is as popular as he is...is pretty funny...how many of Trump's charlatans are now in jail?
Yes they were. Nobody thought the guy was the second coming, but plenty were big fans. 

Well maybe the view did, "You are like the holy spirit", but nobody else. 

One major problem this weasel did was file pleadings and make claims without permission or knowledge of clients. Apparently that happened with the Swetnik situation and Stormy Daniels. Even if he hadn’t been indicted (twice on two coasts?) he might have been headed for disbarment anyway.

parasaurolophus said:
Yeah. Cuz thats all there was. 

I wonder if his clients think they were taken too. 
They were even talking about him being a possible Democratic Presidential Candidate at one time.  Yeah, they weren't fooled by him at all.

Users who are viewing this thread