What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Avenatti Thread (1 Viewer)

Whether or not he was seriously considered for President, there’s no denying the dude was on CNN and MSNBC all the time and given tons of attention and respect, simply because he opposed Trump. And he wasn’t the only one- even now, that creepy slimeball Michael Cohen gets to be on one “serious” talk show after another- it’s embarrassing. And it’s a lesson that those of us on the “liberal” side can be just as gullible, just as accepting as those on the conservative side, so long as we hear stuff that makes us happy. 

Whether or not he was seriously considered for President, there’s no denying the dude was on CNN and MSNBC all the time and given tons of attention and respect, simply because he opposed Trump. And he wasn’t the only one- even now, that creepy slimeball Michael Cohen gets to be on one “serious” talk show after another- it’s embarrassing. And it’s a lesson that those of us on the “liberal” side can be just as gullible, just as accepting as those on the conservative side, so long as we hear stuff that makes us happy. 
Tim -  I have such a love/hate relationship with you.  Sometimes you drive me up the wall with your posts and other times I can't believe we agree on things.  :thumbup:

Even though you drive me nuts.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Avenatti got a significant downward variance from the Feds' recommendation of 108 months.  Down to 30 months.  I think the judge's reasoning is mostly persuasive as 108 months was beyond what I'd expect considering the utter failure of his extortion scheme.

Avenatti still not at all out of the woods, as I think the California charges are much more serious.  While trying to extort Nike and Boies #######' Schiller is objectively hysterical, actually embezzling settlement funds from a disabled client is much more morally perverse.  

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Pretty good:

Michael Avenatti‏ @MichaelAvenatti 6m6 minutes ago*

Below is my correspondence to Mr. Davis of moments ago, together with a sworn declaration from my client. We demand an immediate FBI investigation into the allegations. Under no circumstances should Brett Kavanaugh be confirmed absent a full and complete investigation.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044960428730843136

*cross posted in Kavanaugh thread
Cringy to think Avenatti was put on a pedestal by the Dems and Kavanaugh was attacked. Bizarre world we are in. 

Progressives played footsie with this clown for a few months.

Republicans nominated their clown, got him elected, and blew up the democratic process for him.
Your post reminded me of a Maher clip I watched recently.  Gist of it was that it’s embarrassing how little you have to know or be able to do to be a politician.  While I’m sure most are highly educated and probably reasonably qualified there are some that have not completed HS and have no discernible skills.  It’s just a tad scary.

Jury is now in its 3rd day of deliberations in the Stormy trial (in which Avenatti is representing himself) and the judge has a  (potentially big) problem.  I don't really care what happens to this guy, but its an interesting issue for the judge and AUSA to deal with.

Juror refuses to deliberate

Michael Avenatti outside court earlier:

"I found Mr. Giuliani's comments last night on Chris Cuomo to be very interesting. I've said it before and I'll say it again: This guy is a train wreck of a lawyer, in fact I think he’s the best lawyer we have working for us on the case."
Update?

Unbelievable…..from what I read in here to this. It truly sounded in here like he could have been the Democratic nominee and here we are. Wow. 

Unbelievable…..from what I read in here to this. It truly sounded in here like he could have been the Democratic nominee and here we are. Wow. 

As been pointed out in this thread several times, he was never talked seriously as being the Democratic nominee, IIRC he never polled better than about 2%-3% among Democrats.

squistion said:
As been pointed out in this thread several times, he was never talked seriously as being the Democratic nominee, IIRC he never polled better than about 2%-3% among Democrats.
Sorry I wasn’t basing it off of polls as much as the strong following he had in here I guess gave me that impression. 

It's as if the first page of this thread doesn't exist or something.  

Guys, we can all see what people were saying about this guy at the time.  It's there, in writing.

It's as if the first page of this thread doesn't exist or something.  

Guys, we can all see what people were saying about this guy at the time.  It's there, in writing.
Exactly…and nobody took him seriously as a candidate for POTUS on page one (did anyone ever).  If they did…please link it.  

Seems the closest in page one woule be someone saying it would be funny to see him debate Trump or primary him….before they were told he was a dem.

That's precisely why.
That makes no sense at all.

You think President Biden is going to Pardon Avenatti?

That seems like a non-possibility. Why would he?

Avenatti is nothing to anyone, and between he and Trump, Stormy Daniels is a sympathetic figure.

Avenatti is nothing to anyone, and between he and Trump, Stormy Daniels is a sympathetic figure.
He was a Democratic Party firebrand and top of the ticket contender. The well connected non-violent and political insiders seem to be the types considered historically for pardons. 

There are posters in this forum that would probably write his appeal to Biden based on the first few pages of this very thread. 

Avenatti was the San Diego Chicken of the Democratic Party for a couple years.  

I have to disagree with the bolded, for awhile there he was a rising star of the Democratic party. 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/09/14/michael-avenatti-2020-democratic-primary-219910/

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/08/18/politics/avenatti-president-campaign-decision/index.html

He was a Democratic Party firebrand and top of the ticket contender. The well connected non-violent and political insiders seem to be the types considered historically for pardons. 

There are posters in this forum that would probably write his appeal to Biden based on the first few pages of this very thread. 

Avenatti was the San Diego Chicken of the Democratic Party for a couple years.  
Name one poster who thinks Avenatti deserves a pardon….

Crazy talk.

Meanwhile, Matt Gaetz…

A few short years ago you guys were not only cheering him on, but supporting him as a POTUS candidate.  :lol:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/387325-michael-avenatti-has-appeared-on-cnn-and-msnbc-108-times-since-march-7-says

And that article is from 2018.
You guys?  Who?  Link the posts please rather than continuing to make baseless assertions.  We already heard a claim its on page one…yet nothing there comes close to such claims.

So who was supporting this guys as an actual possibility of a candidate?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread