What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Avenatti Thread (4 Viewers)

parasaurolophus said:
#1 for a guy that says he has me on ignore you sure read a lot of my posts.

#2 W. Earl Sparrow jr.
You had to go back to April to find an example? Sheesh. And Earl Sparrow was not a random tweet with a personal anecdotal story (which is what you accused me of doing here). It related to the discussion in the thread at the time - people were talking about the Starbucks manager's 911 call and he jokingly facetiously speculated how the call actually went down (he didn't claim he was reporting what an anonymous friend told him).

I voted for him.  I don't particularly care for how he behaves but I do like the direction he is taking us.  Plus I don't put much weight into his behaviors as I personally know someone on his cabinet who told me he's the nicest guy, nothing like the media portrays him.   No Avenatti comes across as a crass D bag.   
The guys is pretty much acts like Trump. Figured Trump fans would  secretly love the guy - he tells it like it is, a fighter, etc.

:lol:  it’s convenient you don’t put much weight in Trump’s behaviors. We’ll just skip over the constant lies, crying, hypocrisy, and general awfulness of his act that we get on a weekly basis.

:lol:  it’s convenient you don’t put much weight in Trump’s behaviors. We’ll just skip over the constant lies, crying, hypocrisy, and general awfulness of his act that we get on a weekly basis.
It's so freaking hypocritical to cherry pick specific actions by Dem supporters as proving the awfulness of the party but, when presented with daily evidence of the leader of the GOP outright lying, being disrespectful to Americans and others across the globe, numerous evidence of corruption and tax fraud and just generally behaving like a 6-year old would and it's brushed off like none of it matters. It only matters when the other side does it. And, if they acknowledge their own crappy behaviour they excuse it in the next breathe with a "whataboutism." It was horribly bad when a Den did something but when a Repub does it to a worse degree later it's okay cause "whatabouts." And the dolts lap it up.

I am not sure Avenatti's message of fighting fire with fire and engaging in the same tactics as Republicans will resonate with Democratic voters. We will see...

Michael Avenatti @MichaelAvenatti 8m8 minutes ago

“Establishment” kinder gentler Dems like @PattiSolisDoyle are the problem. They are why we continue to get beat and why we are presently in a fight for the survival of this republic. Their weak approaches are why we lost 2000, lost 2016, never got Garland a vote, etc. etc. #Basta

We must realize that the other side has no interest in playing nice. They laugh at approaches like those of @PattiSolisDoyle because they ensure that Rs will continue to prevail and destroy what makes this country America. We can no longer afford to turn the other cheek.

Mike acted like a normal person while appearing on the adam carrolla & mark geragos podcast this week. 

I’m related by marriage to a person who worked on a certain television show and your friend the cabinet member is either not telling you the truth or has had a very, very different experience than the person I’m related to did while working on said show. 
Or the person you’re related to by marriage is not telling the truth. 

Apologies if Squistion already beat me to this tweet

Jack Murphy‏ @RealJack 52s52 seconds ago

Between Stormy Daniels defamation suit tossed out by a Judge today and Julie Swetnick’s embarrassing failure, Michael Avenatti is quickly securing himself the award for the worst 2020 Democratic Party candidate for President. That’s no easy task. But he’s making it look easy.

Between Stormy Daniels defamation suit tossed out by a Judge today and Julie Swetnick’s embarrassing failure, Michael Avenatti is quickly securing himself the award for the worst 2020 Democratic Party candidate for President. That’s no easy task. But he’s making it look easy.
I don't think @squistion would try to beat you to repeating such an awful source, but maybe you should tag him the next time you try to troll him.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Joe Bryant: are you really looking for trolling references?  Because referencing someone without out tagging their replies is about as troll as it gets. 
I don't think you understand what trolling is.  It's funny you've complained about me for years and claim to have me on ignore but you know every single thing I post.  I don't understand.

I didn't even reply to Squistion.  I am addressing you going after me, something you've been doing for a few years here.  I'm not trolling anyone. 
You are a liar.

Ouch

Less than an hour after his defeat in the Los Angeles lawsuit, the firm, Eagan Avenatti, suffered another setback at a trial in Santa Ana: The Irvine Co. won a court order evicting Avenatti and his staff from their suite at the Fashion Island mall for failing to pay the last four months of rent.

The twin blows came as Avenatti was heading to New Hampshire for his third visit to the state that kicks off the 2020 presidential primaries. He is exploring a run for the Democratic nomination, and his troubled financial history could emerge as a significant campaign issue if he joins the race.
http://www.nydailynews.com/la-na-pol-avenatti-eviction-20181022-story.html

... but yeah this is not someone to be cheered if he runs for office. He won his client’s case against Trump. So he did a good thing. And there’s no doubt he is enjoyable in a Trumpian visceral sense but people shouldn’t be trusting him any further than whatever he says in the four square walls of a courtroom.

Here is a different take on this:

Palmer Report‏ @PalmerReport 1h1 hour ago

Chuck Grassley just screwed up BADLY by referring Michael Avenatti and Julie Swetnick to the DOJ/FBI for criminal investigation on imaginary charges. Trump & GOP tried desperately to keep FBI from talking to Swetnick for a reason. Now it’ll happen. Grassley is a moron.

Not only will Chuck Grassley fail in his efforts to punish Avenatti and Swetnick, he’s bringing the Brett Kavanaugh sex assault scandal back into focus. If Dems win House, this’ll make it easier for them to take Kavanaugh down. Grassley is unwittingly laying groundwork for them.

Chuck Grassley is still sore because he didn’t get to be king of his committee during the hearings. He’s a very petty and very unintelligent man who’s foolishly seeking revenge, without understanding what he’s just set in motion. I love stupid criminals.

Side note: Chuck Grassley is doing this just BEFORE the midterms, which suggests he’s not all that confident his party will still have majority control after the midterms. In other words, go vote!

https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/status/1055515979407605761

Michael Avenatti responds to charges:

Michael Avenatti‏ @MichaelAvenatti 2h2 hours ago

Maybe if Grassley was actually a lawyer that knew something about the law, he would realize what he has done. He just opened up Pandora’s box as it relates to Justice Kavanaugh’s conduct. It is Christmas in October!

It is ironic that Senator Grassley now is interested in investigations. He didn’t care when it came to putting a man on the SCOTUS for life. We welcome the investigation as now we can finally get to the bottom of Judge Kavanaugh’s lies and conduct. Let the truth be known.

Here is a different take on this:

Palmer Report‏ @PalmerReport 1h1 hour ago

Chuck Grassley just screwed up BADLY by referring Michael Avenatti and Julie Swetnick to the DOJ/FBI for criminal investigation on imaginary charges. Trump & GOP tried desperately to keep FBI from talking to Swetnick for a reason. Now it’ll happen. Grassley is a moron.

Not only will Chuck Grassley fail in his efforts to punish Avenatti and Swetnick, he’s bringing the Brett Kavanaugh sex assault scandal back into focus. If Dems win House, this’ll make it easier for them to take Kavanaugh down. Grassley is unwittingly laying groundwork for them.

Chuck Grassley is still sore because he didn’t get to be king of his committee during the hearings. He’s a very petty and very unintelligent man who’s foolishly seeking revenge, without understanding what he’s just set in motion. I love stupid criminals.

Side note: Chuck Grassley is doing this just BEFORE the midterms, which suggests he’s not all that confident his party will still have majority control after the midterms. In other words, go vote!

https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/status/1055515979407605761
The FBI should be looking at all of that stuff, so good on Grassley

Avenatti is right that a white male voice is still the loudest for a portion of the population, but I disagree that the Ds are better served by pushing a white male.  

There are 2 reasons why I don't think his quote matters much.  First, his role won't change.  He was never a serious contender, but is at his best when serving as the aggressive response to Trump from the left.  Avenatti will continue to push those buttons, which is why I hope he runs.

Second, Grassley just reignited the whole Kavanaugh debate, which will give Avenatti another chance at the podium.  Dumb move by Grassley.    

The FBI should be looking at all of that stuff, so good on Grassley
I am sure you are aware that both Avenatti and Svetnick were demanding an FBI investigation into her charges before the GOP pushed through the Kavanaugh nomination, so they obviously got nothing to fear from the FBI looking into this (however Grassley will probably be facing the law of unintended consequences).

I am sure you are aware that both Avenatti and Svetnick were demanding an FBI investigation into her charges before the GOP pushed through the Kavanaugh nomination, so they obviously got nothing to fear from the FBI looking into this (however Grassley will probably be facing the law of unintended consequences).
Avenatti has a lot to fear imo

squistion said:
It doesn't sound like he is too concerned.

Michael Avenatti:

"We want a full & thorough investigation by the FBI, by the Justice Department, into my client's allegations as well as the statements made by Judge Kavanaugh, & when it is concluded, there will be no question that Judge Kavanaugh lied."

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1056063192223440897
He is. That tweet is a smokescreen. Doesnt address the clear lies that he was a part of. 

Even if he could prove kavanaugh lied about some things it doesnt address the lies he told.

This guy is done. Sorry bout that good buddy! 

Michael Avenatti‏ @MichaelAvenatti 56m56 minutes ago

The shooting today in Pittsburgh is tragic, senseless and cowardly. It is the most recent instance of those with hate in the hearts seeking to destroy this nation and what made it America. We must stand together and have true leadership that does not constantly seek to divide us.

:yes:

Looks like the biggest fans of Michael Avenatti these days appear to be Republicans and the super far left.  Strange bedfellows indeed. 

He is. That tweet is a smokescreen. Doesnt address the clear lies that he was a part of. 

Even if he could prove kavanaugh lied about some things it doesnt address the lies he told.

This guy is done. Sorry bout that good buddy! 
Wrong.  He's just getting started.  Avenatti 2020! #Basta #Fightclub

• Laughing
Reactions: RBM

Users who are viewing this thread