What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade help (1 Viewer)

RoninJT

Footballguy
I need a little help weighing a potential trade. It's an IDP dynasty league. The scoring setup favors WR over LB by about 10-15% based on season totals at each position. For additional reference, I am a huge Buccaneer fan and prize when I can acquire a solid Buccaneer fantasy starter for my team.

I'm looking at trading for Lavonte David and the first name they through out as an idea was Cooper Kupp. I'm pretty high on both players. Kupp is a WR3 on my roster right now (behind Keenan Allen and TY Hilton) but he could become a WR2 soon. David would be an instant LB1/2 for me (alongside Christian Kirksey). 

The question is how good, bad, or reasonable would this trade be if it were straight up?

Update: I traded Garoppolo and a 2019 3rd round pick for Lavonte David and Jameis Winston. Before you call me crazy, I have Deshaun Watson as my starting QB and am a diehard Buccaneers fan. I think David is far better for a few more years than any LB I can draft with a mid-late 3rd and I don't think Jameis is a major downgrade from Jimmy. A downgrade yes but not a major one.

So, what does everyone think of this trade?

I am not a fan of David while Kwon is healthy.  He really knocks David down in the IDP realm when he is on the field.  I see David as more of a LB2/3 when Kwon is on the field.  He was #28 LB on a ppg basis in my scoring last  year.  I just don't think he is a top IDP LB anymore. 

David is an average LB when Kwon is healthy, I agree.  Look at last year's stats & compare when Kwon was out, it explains what we are telling you. 

When Kwon is healthy he has the three down LB role.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't have done it. Being a fan is one thing, being a homer when it comes to fantasy means the other players know they can take advantage of you. Winston is one screw up away from being worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread