What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A Popular TV Series Wants to Rent my House: UPDATE - it's a DONE deal... almost (1 Viewer)

Rhythmdoctor

Footballguy
Has anyone ever experienced this? Earlier this week we had a notice on our door about an interest in using our home for the series “Easy”. Today the producer came over to take pictures and look the place over and they seem really excited and interested. The same thing happened last summer to a house across the street for the same show but I don’t know the neighbors so I have never spoke to them about it. 

I’m really curious how much the standard daily rental rate is. They will also put me and my family up in a local hotel during the days they are filming in our house. It’s kinda cool and exciting but at the same time I don’t want to do it for a few hundred bucks because it would not be worth the hassle. 

So anyone ever do this or know someone that has??  Filming would take place the week of August 7. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone ever experienced this? Earlier this week we had a notice on our door about an interest in using our home for the series “Easy”. Today the producer came over to take pictures and look the place over and they seem really excited and interested. The same thing happened last summer to a house across the street for the same show but I don’t know the neighbors so I have never spoke to them about it. 

I’m really curious how much the standard daily rental rate is. They will also put me and my family up in a local hotel during the days they are filming in our house. It’s kinda cool and exciting but at the same time I don’t want to do it for a few hundred bucks because it would not be worth the hassle. 

So anyone ever do this or know someone that has??  Filming would take place the week of August 7. 
Never heard of the show so I looked it up:

From director and creator Joe Swanberg, this Netflix-original comedy anthology series explores diverse Chicago characters, modern romance technology and culture. Scenarios include a married couple hoping to reignite their sex life, a couple looking to spice things up with another woman, and middle-aged dating. The series features an impressive array of stars, including Jake Johnson of "New Girl," comic Hannibal Buress, actor Orlando Bloom, actress/model Emily Ratajkowski and actor Dave Franco.
Look, fella....if you've got a chance for the great Emily Ratajkowski to have simulated sex in YOUR house, you take it.  You take it and you run with it.  You do it for free.  You do it for us!  You go live in a box under a highway bridge if you have to, but you do it.  Do you hear me?

Had a gf whose log home was used for a Veronica Hamel TV-movie, which should tell you how long ago that was. The rate (5 figs + per diem for 3 wks) is probably no longer applicable but i will say that the location scouts line up a LOT of sites because space for camera placements is a huge issue once the director gets involved and i got the sense they used that to play one owner off another in negotiating the final setting. My gal thought it was an all-in-all positive experience and got a huge rush from the reveal party.

Look, fella....if you've got a chance for the great Emily Ratajkowski to have simulated sex in YOUR house, you take it.  You take it and you run with it.  You do it for free.  You do it for us!  You go live in a box under a highway bridge if you have to, but you do it.  Do you hear me?
Sex scenes in movies/tv are not always simulated. Some actors take their work very seriously.

Sounds like a scam. 

Seems like a good way to get you to vacate so they can take their time emptying your house.

:ph34r:

This is the correct answer.

Watched a portion of season one. This is more like Black Mirror where its not the same people in each episode, so the odds are that there won't be Emily's scent left behind. 

Last year when they filmed at our neighbor’s house, their prep trailer was parked in front of our house and we had a big party that Friday night. I saw several stars who I could not name but definitely recognized. One being that annoying ukele chic. Anywho, it was a pretty cool thing to watch and would be pretty neat to see our house on a popular tv series but I’m also approaching this from a business angle and don’t wanna just give my house up for nothing. Off the top of my head, I’m thinking $2-3k would get me to say yes. 

Last year when they filmed at our neighbor’s house, their prep trailer was parked in front of our house and we had a big party that Friday night. I saw several stars who I could not name but definitely recognized. One being that annoying ukele chic. Anywho, it was a pretty cool thing to watch and would be pretty neat to see our house on a popular tv series but I’m also approaching this from a business angle and don’t wanna just give my house up for nothing. Off the top of my head, I’m thinking $2-3k would get me to say yes. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Micucci

This one?

Do it or you’ll regret it! Which story is better:

”In S2E7, Emily lays in my living room chez lounger sans panties. Then her girlfriend proceeds to go down...etc”

or

”Urrrrrr one time a show wanted to film at my house but I said no”

i've got a buddy in SoCal who's had production companies shoot in his neighborhood for TV/Movies. will ask him about pricing and get back to you. 

If the show is too popular, worst case scenario is you end up with people throwing pizza on the roof of your house for eternity.  Seems like this show is in the sweet spot where you won't have that kind of a cult following, but just have the potential upside of being able to tell people that some famous, hot woman was in your house.

some houses on my street are used all the time for TV, movies & commercials. the rates are pretty good, but there is a pretty high potential for them causing some kind of distress to your house, at least minor. i.e. banging into walls with equipment, knocking things over, spilling things, taking doors off of hinges to move equipment through and then putting them back hastily, etc. they typically won't pay for that stuff, it comes out of what they give you for the rental.

but if you're cool with all that, it's pretty sweet!

some houses on my street are used all the time for TV, movies & commercials. the rates are pretty good, but there is a pretty high potential for them causing some kind of distress to your house, at least minor. i.e. banging into walls with equipment, knocking things over, spilling things, taking doors off of hinges to move equipment through and then putting them back hastily, etc. they typically won't pay for that stuff, it comes out of what they give you for the rental.

but if you're cool with all that, it's pretty sweet!
I’m mostly worried about my guitars. I guess I could bring them with me to the hotel. 

My sister's house in Austin was used as Peter Gallagher's house in "The Underneath".   They were relocated to a nearby apartment for about a month.  The downstairs interiors were painted for the film but were restored to the original shade before they moved back in.  I recall the only problem was that the re-sodding of the back yard didn't take particularly well. 

The movie wasn't great either but at least she got to meet Steven Soderbergh.

Of course you do it.

2k a day is nuts. Would have never guessed that much. 

America's most wanted once filmed a scene at the corner store next door to my house growing up. It was so awesome seeing the trailers parked on the street and then when they filmed the robbery and getaway car speeding off.

Id buy some wierd items to put on display in the house in hopes it makes it on film.

One thing to keep in mind, renting your home for 14 days or less in a year is tax free. 

Director and 10 others showed up today for another walk through.  Afterwards, the producer lady seemed optimistic.  Said they'd be back Thursday with camera crew?  My thought was to see angles, lighting etc... But then my wife got a text about an hour ago from the producer saying they'd like to move forward with the filming and asked where to send the agreement.

Pretty exciting stuff!  Now it's just about getting the agreement and if the money is right, we say YES!  I'm thinking $2k is my number (per day).  My best friend is a producer for a well known reality TV show and while there is no connection between the two, he at least is in the biz.  He thought $2k was very reasonable, although he admitted he doesn't really know anything.  So whatever that's worth, LOL, it makes me feel good about my $2k number.

I guess y'all will be seeing my home on tv soon :headbang:

Why don't you go talk to your neighbors? They have way more relevant knowledge than any of us considering it happened to them recently. You don't know them, but you can solve that by introducing yourself. If they don't want to talk about it then you can go back to ignoring each other and hiding on the internet. 

My friend’s house growing up was Tony Soprano’s house.  We were scouted at one point for a random episode, but did not get picked.  

I have a fraternity brother that does this for a living.  He has done a few Netflix shows, the Good Wife etc.

My friend had the Michigan Lottery use his house to film their Christmas promo.   They lived in a renovated old home and a guy came knocking on the door and asking to use their home for the commercial.   They used i4 for 4 days and paid rent, hotel and meals. not sure what his daily rent was but they were able to go there and watch them film it.    It was in August so they used a bunch of fake snow.

Why don't you go talk to your neighbors? They have way more relevant knowledge than any of us considering it happened to them recently. You don't know them, but you can solve that by introducing yourself. If they don't want to talk about it then you can go back to ignoring each other and hiding on the internet. 
I wouldn’t even remember which house it was. They weren’t directly across the street. I know my neighbors on either side of my house but that’s about it. Thisis Chicago, dawg this ain’t Mr. Rogers neighborhood. 

Our previous home was selected, about 7 years ago, for a commercial to be filmed. But we had just spent $$$ to remodel and we decided not to risk the potential damages.  Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread