What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Going in tomorrow for my first massage (1 Viewer)

bosoxs45

Footballguy
Is it totally acceptable for the client to wear boxers under neath the sheets? How do I tell her I'm uncomfortable with her touching my buttocks? Do I need to make small talk while in session?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes

Just tell him

No- but a discussion about how to make the perfect grilled cheese would be ok

In my limited experience,  they will typically have some relaxing music playing softly. No conversation is needed.

Boxer shorts are definitely not an option... Try not to be so self conscious. Just remember, they've had worse.

... and just let them touch what they touch. They know what they're doing.

The glute is a big muscle and it deserves attention. You'll appreciate it.

Best advise; be clean. Between toes, butt crack, ears, etc.

Is it totally acceptable for the client to wear boxers under neath the sheets? How do I tell her I'm uncomfortable with her touching my buttocks? Do I need to make small talk while in session?
I used to go to a massage therapist (some don't like to be called masseuse) when I was marathon training - would go once every other week or so.  Was initially worried about it being weird, but after quick introduction and small talk she used her standard line "undress down to your underwear and get under the sheet and I'll be back in a few minutes to start."  She's still hit my glutes (if asked) by either pulling them down or up when I was laying on my stomach.  They'll take your queue on the small talk, if you don't talk (or aren't chatty back with them) they won't talk, either.  I've fallen asleep more than once.

Yeah, hate the small talk.  Unless you initiate it, any good therapist won't chat you up... unless they're asking about something specific to the massage itself.

I get semi-regular massages, about to do a "family" account where my mom and I switch off every month (joke in here somewhere).  I love them. 

I always strip to my boxer briefs.  Massaging the glutes is a must for me (I have had sciatic nerve issues).

I typically drool and have fallen asleep a couple times.  :lol:  

No small talk.

I’m sure they won’t care if you wear boxers. That will be enough signal to not get touched on your bottom region.

Just think about baseball if it moves.

Ask for the hot stone bunghole package. 

Actually had hot stone used on shoulders and neck yesterday.  Best thing ever. 

it might be awkward if you tell her not to touch your buttocks. it's probably better to just let out a blood curdling scream once she touches you there. she'll get the point.

Don’t wear boxers, that is like putting on a condom before picking up a date

In my limited experience,  they will typically have some relaxing music playing softly. No conversation is needed.

Boxer shorts are definitely not an option... Try not to be so self conscious. Just remember, they've had worse.

... and just let them touch what they touch. They know what they're doing.

The glute is a big muscle and it deserves attention. You'll appreciate it.

Best advise; be clean. Between toes, butt crack, ears, etc.
This! I go monthly and it’s awesome. First time I was nervous about the boxer thing. Now I appreciate dropping Trou and letting the lady work her magic. 

Wear shorts if you want. Up to you.

If there's an area you want them to focus on tell them. If there's an area you want them to avoid tell them. Just say "avoid the buttocks, please... they're kind of sensitive."

Talk if you feel like it. Or don't.

Relax.

If they rub your arms pulled out away from your body, that's code for about to give you a handy. In between the toes is a blowy.

Enjoy.

Eta..I don't understand getting a massage with clothes (underwear) still on, but whatever. It's your dime.

I’ll take: “Never played any sports competitively” for 200, Alex! 
Totally played sports through high school.  I don't mind getting checked on D, boxing out, tackling, etc.  But someone rubbing on me just gives me the chills.  I had to get PT for my back like 10 years ago and the thought of going to the sessions was seriously troubling. 

Do not want.  But hey I get that I'm in the minority here, you massage bros enjoy yourselves! 

Totally played sports through high school.  I don't mind getting checked on D, boxing out, tackling, etc.  But someone rubbing on me just gives me the chills.  I had to get PT for my back like 10 years ago and the thought of going to the sessions was seriously troubling. 

Do not want.  But hey I get that I'm in the minority here, you massage bros enjoy yourselves! 
If you ever played competitively or beyond the age of 14 you’d understand the importance of body work. You haven’t... so that’s cool. Different strokes :thumbup:  

I've never had a massage either!#!@#!@ 

I've been rubbed down my trainers for specific stuff back in the day but not a massage.

It doesn't freak me out or anything just no desire to get one :shrug:

Anyone who sits at a desk 40 hours a week is doing themselves a disservice if you don't get a semi-regular massage.  I go about every 6 weeks or so and it's fantastic.  She completely whips my ###.  I'm there for 2 hours and get the cups (suction) and lately she's been walking on me literally.  Has this contraption over the table like an old school swingset that she uses to keep her balance.  Nothing hurts more than when she digs her heals into my calves but when she walks on my back/shoulders area it feels incredible.  After about 30 min of the walking its cups and a normal massage. I feel like a new person when I'm done especially my bad and neck area. 

Pipes said:
Anyone who sits at a desk 40 hours a week is doing themselves a disservice if you don't get a semi-regular massage.  I go about every 6 weeks or so and it's fantastic.  She completely whips my ###.  I'm there for 2 hours and get the cups (suction) and lately she's been walking on me literally.  Has this contraption over the table like an old school swingset that she uses to keep her balance.  Nothing hurts more than when she digs her heals into my calves but when she walks on my back/shoulders area it feels incredible.  After about 30 min of the walking its cups and a normal massage. I feel like a new person when I'm done especially my bad and neck area. 
I once had a therapist who was like 4'11" and maybe 90 lbs.  There was nothing better than having her knees digging into my back.   :oldunsure:

Pipes said:
The back walking is Ashiatsu and I agree it’s the best.  The place I go has two bars near the ceiling that the masseuse uses for balance and to limit (or add) pressure.

Few things suck worse than a bad ashiatsu massage (bad pain and potential injury)... but few things rival the feeling of a GOOD ashiatsu massage.

Nothing quite like a skilled 100lb Asian woman digging her heels, knees, elbows, and hands into every inch of your body :eek:   My usual girl is $55/hr and holy hell is it worth every penny ( #nohappyending). I try to go monthly. Often the GF and i will go for couples massage in the same room. 

The best I’ve ever had was in orlando, near I Drive however. That woman worked magic. :wub:  

Serious question - do you guys walk around feeling awful that you feel like you need to get a massage?

I mean my knee and shoulder are jacked up but those are actual injuries.    I guess I'm asking what is your "trigger" that is saying I need to get a massage?

James Daulton said:
I guess playing hoops for my high school team (2 years varsity) doesn't count?
not even remotely.

btw- serious athletes start getting massages after 14yo? wtf? where is this?

Serious question - do you guys walk around feeling awful that you feel like you need to get a massage?

I mean my knee and shoulder are jacked up but those are actual injuries.    I guess I'm asking what is your "trigger" that is saying I need to get a massage?
I don't feel awful but feel my age (47).  And sitting at a desk my back, shoulders and neck get extremely tight and sometimes sore after a long week.  As far as lower body I do get some quad and calf soreness after activities such as softball mainly because my muscles are tight as hell.  After the massage I feel much for flexible and feel I have a better posture due to her essentially putting things back in place.  I've been going regularly for about 10 years now so not sure how'd I'd feel without going but at my age and activity level I'm not going to chance it.  I consider it preventive maintenance I guess.

I get one every 2 weeks or so. Travel just kills me. Can’t imagine wearing clothing during a massage. Just disrupts their flow and they have to work around. I get my back walked on, all kinds of stretches, etc. Walk out a new man. 

It's usually when I'm sitting at my desk for several hours, several days in a row.  My shoulders will get tight so I hit the rub and tug to unwind. 

Are you sure you are going to a masseuse and not a dominatrix?

Users who are viewing this thread