What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Side of the Bed (1 Viewer)

Has it Always been like this? If so / not why? and why did you change?

• Yes

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

russinfortworth

Footballguy
I've been with wife for 25 years...........always slept on right in 4 different houses, no matter the set up of the bedroom.  Wonder if there is a rhyme or reason?

no rhyme nor reason but very much a thing. my wife & i were together 12 years, both long & floppy & cokeheaded & hateful of sleeping with others and had differing off-shift professions which thankfully kept us from doing so too often. my Mary's been dead for 22 years - i didn't move to the middle of the bed til 2-3 years ago.

Not married, but when I have a lady friend stay over, I always sleep on the right side. I want to be able to roll over and use my right hand. If I tried to turn a lady on with my left, I'd be more likely to punch her in the stomach than work the magic bean

Last edited by a moderator:
Always side closest to the door.
Started this way

Furthest from the door.  When the kids come in our room at 2 a.m., I want them going to mommy.  
Yep

When we had our first, the only place there was room for the basinet in the room was on the left side. So she took that side. 5 moves later, she's still there. And it's closest to the door. But the Intruders would have to get through the dog first.

If you are looking at the bed or laying in it? We need instructions here. 

Driver side or passenger side?
Can we get an answer to this? I sleep stage left, but I’m not sure if that’s left or right in the poll.

What’s up with the closest to the door nonsense?  You think someone breaks into your bedroom at 3 am, waking you from a dead sleep, your going to spring into action and take the criminal down because your a few feet closer to the door?

Really the only advantage to being closer to the door is it gives you a chance to make a quicker escape ala George Constanta.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assumed it was drivers side left passenger side right.  People interpretated this differently?

Started out on the left (facing the bed from the foot) because it was closest to the door.  But now that we've grown accustomed to having each other on that side (she's on my left as I'm laying in it), that when we travel anywhere we keep the same sides of the bed, no matter the orientation of the door or anything else in the room. 

Even when I'm traveling for work and in a hotel on my own, I find myself instinctively going to the same side of the bed.  I guess if the nightstand is on the wrong side it just doesn't feel right to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread