What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Open** David Duvall circles his 2019 calendar for a 2 day vacation (1 Viewer)

Is the weather supposed to be this nice all weekend? Weird seeing them in short sleeves at British.

Is the weather supposed to be this nice all weekend? Weird seeing them in short sleeves at British.
Rain supposed to come tomorrow and I’m sure there will be at least one day where the wind kicks up. 

Pretty cool seeing all the different ways the players are approaching the holes. 

Didn't get to see too much before i left for work. Spieth missed a short birdie putt then made a curling 18 footer for par on the next hole. Sounds about right for the way his game has gone this year. 

I'm not understanding the iron off the tee play on a few of these holes.  I've not seen one person struggle to get the ball out of the long rough due to it's dryness, yet Matsuyama and Woods both brought a death trap bunker into play by hitting iron instead of just bombing it over it on the last hole.  It cost Woods a stroke and Hideki got lucky to just miss it.  What am I missing here?

Tiger was a much better putter when he hit everything firm and rammed 6 footers into the back of the hole. 

His putting from 6-10ft has been the biggest problem since his return. 

I'm not understanding the iron off the tee play on a few of these holes.  I've not seen one person struggle to get the ball out of the long rough due to it's dryness, yet Matsuyama and Woods both brought a death trap bunker into play by hitting iron instead of just bombing it over it on the last hole.  It cost Woods a stroke and Hideki got lucky to just miss it.  What am I missing here?
The closing 4 holes are brutal on this course, they are playing more over par than the other 14 holes combined. There is no right play on some of these holes, each guy has to approach the hole they way they think will work best for them.

I read about this topic earlier in the week. They said this Open was unlike most others in that you could take the bunkers out of play and fly it down there without worrying about getting stuck in the fescue; that due to no rain the rough was wispy rather than thick and was easy to get out of. 

I haven’t watched any coverage today. Is anybody taking the bomber approach?

ETA: Read that Rory took this aggressive approach and finished -2. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I read about this topic earlier in the week. They said this Open was unlike most others in that you could take the bunkers out of play and fly it down there without worrying about getting stuck in the fescue; that due to no rain the rough was wispy rather than thick and was easy to get out of. 

I haven’t watched any coverage today. Is anybody taking the bomber approach?
Maybe there were some earlier, but Tiger and Hideki are playing irons off of most of the the tees.  That's why I was questioning it.  Hideki hit an iron, barely avoided the ugly bunker.  Tiger hit an iron, went into the bunker and had no play except punching out.  Knox, who's considerably shorter than both of them, hit driver and ended up in the fescue, but was able to put his second to about 15 feet with zero trouble.

Maybe Tiger is worried about the big miss?  He is leaving himself a lot into these tough holes on the back.

Koepka has hit some nice approaches with the wedge that looks like he borrowed from his young nephew.  

Golf experts: The line is at 2 right now. If you had to guess is it moving higher? Lots of folks still finishing their rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread