What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Popular Movies You've Never Seen (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
I was listening to the Dan Patrick Show on my commute in this morning and they were talking about The Sandlot.  It struck me that I don't believe I've ever seen that movie start to finish.  I may have caught 5-10 minutes here and there, but am pretty sure I've never seen it in its entirety.  I know the "killin' me smalls" line, of course.

A buddy of mine is a d00shnozzle and has never seen any of the Star Wars movies.  Not even the originals.  

So, any popular movie you've never seen?  Why not?

Godfather II. I was so drunk I don't remember Godfather I. All I remember is the horse and Brando running through the corn field (?). 

I don't know why I've never seen the second. Just never interested in mafia movies. 

Great topic, by the way. 

Oh, and Jaws, also. Too in and out to remember it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Classics - Gone With the Wind

1980s - Mad Max or The Road Warrior (have seen Beyond Thunderdome and Fury Road - go figure)

1990s - JFK

2000-present - Any of the Final Destination movies

I’m 38 and have never seen Wizard of Oz, Sound of Music, or Willy Wonka.  Up until a couple weeks ago I had never seen the Lion King.  My wife is appalled by this and I kinda keep refusing to watch them just to aggravate her.  But she’s never seen Disney’s animated versions of Robin Hood or Sword In The Stone (their 2 best movies, shut your face), so eff her and her “classics”

Godfather II. I was so drunk I don't remember Godfather I. All I remember is the horse and Brando running through the corn field (?). 

I don't know why I've never seen the second. Just never interested in mafia movies. 

Great topic, by the way. 

Oh, and Jaws, also. Too in and out to remember it. 
I saw The Big Lebowski in the theaters... but was so high, I didn't realize the movie had even started, ended or whatevered. I had no recollection of it at all. Never watched it cover to cover again, although I've seen bits and pieces.

Spinal Tap
wait... really?

I saw The Big Lebowski in the theaters... but was so high, I didn't realize the movie had even started, ended or whatevered. I had no recollection of it at all. Never watched it cover to cover again, although I've seen bits and pieces.

wait... really?
Dude, Jeff Bridges was as high as you were, so I think he may have forgotten it, too.  

John Goodman was a little more serious, so I think you'd be tilting at windmills there.  

I like to think I'm pretty up on music and I've never seen Spinal Tap either.
I wish we had the shrug shoulders guy so I could shrug. Spinal Tap is a send-up of early '80s metal bands. It, could, subjectively, be called a good movie. 

Funny stuff, to me at least. I would recommend. Then again, people would recommend Godfather II, so there's that. Just depends on your genre.    

I haven't seen a full Godfather movie. I've maybe seen like 20 minutes here and there.

Haven't seen any of the recent (10-15 years) superhero movies. I started Black Panther on a plane recently and switched over to Groundhog Day after about 5 minutes.

Haven't seen Spinal Tap either, but I'd be surprised if that's a popular enough movie to fit in with some of these others. I bet a lot of people haven't seen Spinal Tap.

Never watched Gone with the Wind or Miracle on 34th Street. Probably several other classics I haven't seen.

I wish we had the shrug shoulders guy so I could shrug. Spinal Tap is a send-up of early '80s metal bands. It, could, subjectively, be called a good movie. 

Funny stuff, to me at least. I would recommend. Then again, people would recommend Godfather II, so there's that. Just depends on your genre.    
:shrug:

80's metal is my jam too

That's probably why I've never seen it... not into metal at all.  I mean, I'm down with Metallica and the "lighter" metal but never got into the long hair stuff :lol:

Have not watched any comic book movies, none of the 382 Batmans since the one with Jack Nicholson came out, passed on the last two iterations of Star Wars as Force Awakened sucked, never saw Inception, gave up on Matrix 10 minutes in, avoid all action movies, never saw a Jason Bourne film....I pretty well gave up on movies in the early 2000s.  Haven't been to a theater in close to 10 years.  Will watch highly rated films or Oscar nominated films if they interest me.  

Tried to watch Casa Blanca recently.  I fell asleep.  

I've only seen 4 (Avatar, Titanic, Avengers, LOTR3) of the top 20 grossing movies of all time
I'm about the same.  Haven't seen any of the top Super Hero movies nor any of the Furious movies.  I used to watch a lot of movies until the GD kids came along, now I'm about 1 or less per year.  

Godfather is the most noticeable amidst a slew of oldguy "classics" stuff. :millenial:
Yeah, just faded in and out of Godfather I and never saw the second. Mario Puzo and I have beef, I guess. And forget the generational stuff, my friend, that's for the birds.  

I haven't seen The Birds. Only famous Hitchcock movie I haven't.  

I've only see Part 2 of the last Harry Potter movie - none of the other ones.

Never seen any of the Fast and Furious movies - no desire to.

Oh I was mistaking popular for good. I haven't seen any Transformers movies or any of the Twilight films. Also none of the grey S&M movies.

Yeah, it’s the only one so far that someone said they haven’t seen, that I have seen, that I’d say, “You should see it.”
Also I can come up with plausible explanations for the others- don't like the genre or style, too old, too long, just never got around to it, etc.  None of that applies to Shawshank, which doesn't really fit a genre other than "drama", isn't really that old or that long, and is on cable TV pretty much 24/7.

Finding Nemo

No Country for Old Men

All Marvel Cinematic Universe movies

Inglorious Basturds

Raging Bull

Robocop

Heat

Of the 35 global billion dollar box office movies, I have not seen:

Avengers: Infinity War
Black Panther
Frozen
The Fate of the Furious
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Transformers: Age of Extinction
The Dark Knight Rises
Despicable Me 3
Finding Dory
Zootopia
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

I don't know if I am more surprised that I've seen 24 of them or haven't seen 11 of them.

I've never seen Dirty Dancing. Not super popular I guess, but it seems to be ubiquitous in terms of pop culture references that assume everyone has seen it.

:thumbup:

What I have seen of the top 35:
Titanic (on video, had a thing for Kate Winslet and needed that nudity...not disappointed.  Rest of the movie was okay, surprised the boat sank, tho).
Star Wars The Force Awakens (Saw it home.  Took me 3 viewings to watch it all.  Thought it sucked.  Might have enjoyed it in a theater more  :shrug:  ).
Frozen (I have a 6 year old daughter; I've mostly listened to this one as she watches it while I drive, but I've seen a lot of it too).
Jurrasic Park 1993 version (Scared me pretty good in the theater, have watched with my older boys.  P good).

Saw just enough of the Phantom Menace on HBO to know it was garbage.

Here's my question:  Most of these are fairly recent.  How much of this is attributable to movie tickets costing 10x what they cost when were growing up in the 80s or even 90s?

Users who are viewing this thread