What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Trailer (1 Viewer)

Yeah, that was a weird trailer.  I've always been a big fan of monster movies (and loved movies like Destroy All Monsters as a kid), but if anything this made me less excited to see it.  Hopefully it's just because it's still early.

I'll be upset if they mess this movie up, and I'll be even more upset if they don't do a good job with Godzilla vs Kong.

Looked good. The music sounds like it was from The Evil Within video game 

Edit; it is the same song

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t really get the premise. Humans have started some mass extinction event and so we have summoned Godzilla and others to ???. Then profit?

bagger said:
I don’t really get the premise. Humans have started some mass extinction event and so we have summoned Godzilla and others to ???. Then profit?
That breakdown was good, but I had this same feeling like I had no idea what was going on in the trailer. 

jhib said:
Yeah, that was a weird trailer.  I've always been a big fan of monster movies (and loved movies like Destroy All Monsters as a kid), but if anything this made me less excited to see it.  Hopefully it's just because it's still early.

I'll be upset if they mess this movie up, and I'll be even more upset if they don't do a good job with Godzilla vs Kong.
Not to clutter this thread, but have you seen the preview for The Meg? Looks great.

Verizon guys presence was distracting. I can suspend disbelief for some monsters, but can't not focus on that guy being a goofy spokesperson.

Horrible use of music.  Some YouTuber will probably edit that trailer by replacing the music with something darker and more foreboding and suddenly it will look awesome.

Good point.  I just watched it again but muted. It turns out it's a much better preview that way. 

I have to admit I’m nerding out about this movie.  Always loved the Big G and giant monster fights.  The new exclusive preview on HBO.  :pickle:

Love fantasy, monsters, sci fi, and all that sort of thing.  King Kong 1933 my most watched movie (at least 30times).

BUT......never warmed up Godzilla, none of them. same with Rodan.  Come to think of it the only "giant" monster I do like is Kong.

Will pass, then watch it on TV someday. If not, oh well.

Want to love this but I think it will go about the same as the stupid Tom Cruise Mummy movie, or even Batman v Superman.

It looks like they are trying to push everything into one film rather than patiently allowing it to play out. You don't rush into King Ghidorah as the big bad in the first film if you want to create a movie universe.

Create an amazing Godzilla standalone project and tease a Mothra, Rodan or Gamera. Then start working on monster ensembles before getting to the awesomeness of King Ghidorah. 

Learn from Marvel and be patient.

Would love if they used Skill Island as the entry point of this universe but Kong and Godzilla were really never part of the same universe, no matter how much we want that to be true, so I doubt it will ever happen.

Want to love this but I think it will go about the same as the stupid Tom Cruise Mummy movie, or even Batman v Superman.

It looks like they are trying to push everything into one film rather than patiently allowing it to play out. You don't rush into King Ghidorah as the big bad in the first film if you want to create a movie universe.

Create an amazing Godzilla standalone project and tease a Mothra, Rodan or Gamera. Then start working on monster ensembles before getting to the awesomeness of King Ghidorah. 

Learn from Marvel and be patient.
Umm this is not the first Godzilla film in this universe

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831387/

Would love if they used Skill Island as the entry point of this universe but Kong and Godzilla were really never part of the same universe, no matter how much we want that to be true, so I doubt it will ever happen.
Wow 0 for 2. This is the next planned movie in the universe. Kong: Skull Island even eluded to it in the post credit scene.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5034838/

Keep in mind Im talking about the one with Bryan Cranston not Matthew Broderick
I know. Cranston was in it for a cup of coffee and only to put butts in seats.

I really wanted to like that one, and will rewatch it because I'm definitely seeing King of Monsters, but at the time it felt disjointed and, IIRC, I hated that they waited until essentially the third act to give us any clear look Godzilla.  Slow reveals are fine but this was over the top.

I really wanted to like that one, and will rewatch it because I'm definitely seeing King of Monsters, but at the time it felt disjointed and, IIRC, I hated that they waited until essentially the third act to give us any clear look Godzilla.  Slow reveals are fine but this was over the top.
Says the guy who wants a slow reveal of every single Godzilla monster over several movies lol

Says the guy who wants a slow reveal of every single Godzilla monster over several movies lol
I am comfortable with that discrepancy.  I wouldn't be happy with Iron Man, or the MCU, either if all I got was Pepper Pots for 2+ acts before he finally showed up.

My big complaint with the 2014 Godzilla is the that all fighting scenes were in the middle of torrential rain / clouds / lightning / darkness. Looks like they're doing the same here.

Gareth Edwards made a good indie flick, "Monsters", which focused on the human side of things rather than monster scenes.  Hiring him to do "Godzilla" and take the same approach was poor for two reasons: The human story sucked and it's freaking Godzilla who everybody came to see.

With Edwards out of the picture, I expect KOTM to be more like what most fans hoped to see in 2014.

When monsters fighting 10/10.

When not 4/10

Lots of the Godzilla movies are like this. Granted, most did give us glimpses or short scenes earlier, but were still mostly 65% human, 35% monster.  For the first film, I could more forgive the slow reveal. I hope we see him earlier this time. 

I don't mind seeing  Ghidorah now. He was in a bunch of the old ones set in the same universe - no reason he can't do that now. Ghidorah's first appearance had this same roster.

Godzilla and Gamera need to share a movie. 

I enjoyed the monster fights.  It looked good in IMAX.  The plot was meh and dialog was blah.  I was expecting more monster action than we got, though. Maybe it was just they kept showing the humans and annoying me. 

I enjoyed the monster fights.  It looked good in IMAX.  The plot was meh and dialog was blah.  I was expecting more monster action than we got, though. Maybe it was just they kept showing the humans and annoying me. 
It's been like this from the beginning. My guess is that the actors and writers are already paid for, but the special effects people charge by the second. 

The 12 year old in me absolutely loved it. Mature Badmojo didn't get a vote.

Problems with the plot, plot holes, writing and acting (I still dont get wy Kyle Chandler is a leading actor) were overshadowed by not 1, not 2 but 3 battles between Godzilla and Monster Zero.

Lot a cool call backs (Oxygen Bomb, the Twins from Mothra) to previous movies

Users who are viewing this thread