What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Intros you just don't skip (1 Viewer)

kupcho1

Footballguy
OK so you're watching Netflix, bingeing even, and the next episode comes up.  You can opt to skip the intro.  Which intros do you never skip?

for me Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt heads the list.  Unskippable (they alive, dammit!)

Whatcha got?

Last edited by a moderator:
All I hear about Dexter is how terrible the finale was. I won't argue that. I didn't watch past the first 2 or 3 seasons. I liked the intro a lot though.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
The intro for Dark on netflix is Apparat - Goodbye, if anyone likes time travel scifi and hasn't seen it, start - right now.

Also a pretty big fan of the intro to Requiem.

The intro to the new Coheed album, Vaxis I - The Dark Sentencer (Album) Vaxis I - The Dark Sentencer (Live) two and a half minute narrated intro that I can never skip.

The intro to You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire - QOTSA I have never skipped.
Dark was awesome

Watching now for the first time, Fargo the TV series... Always has a different unusual song at the beginning

Zow said:
Game of Thrones to see which lands will be in the episode. 

I like the original Weeds opening. 

True Detective season one intro ruled. 

Bojack. 
True Detective absolutely...

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Zow said:
Game of Thrones to see which lands will be in the episode. 

I like the original Weeds opening. 

True Detective season one intro ruled. 

Bojack. 
The perfect list.  Can't think of one better than True Detective, but these are all great

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Stranger Things and GoT obviously.

Didn't see a mention of Ozark, loved the intro and it had a GoT vibe to it in that the symbols inside the "O" at the end hinted at things coming in the episode and usually not in a way you would expect.

sports_fan said:
All I hear about Dexter is how terrible the finale was. I won't argue that. I didn't watch past the first 2 or 3 seasons. I liked the intro a lot though.
If you never saw the 4th season with John Lithgow, you really should. After that season, it is fine to check out for the rest.

Along with the show itself, the X-Files intro was pretty revolutionary when it first came along with the super eeire music and the strange images. Can still remember the first time the X-Files changed the words at the end of the intro from "The Truth is Out There" to "Trust No One" during the Season 1 finale episode. This was in the early 90s so seeing something like that for the first time was like "OH ####!"

Always liked Mad Men's intro as well and would never skip it or fast forward through, just perfect with the music and the image of the guy falling.

Chef's Table (Netflix)

Game of Thrones

The West Wing

Rescue Me

Succession

Breaking Bad

The Night Manager (mini-series; available on Prime)

Zen

Terriers

Used to never miss the intro to The Fall Guy because of Heather Thomas emerging from the swinging doors. That did it for Young Kumerica.

The first 30 seconds of any pron video - you need to get the intro and background setting, before the plowing commences.  

Users who are viewing this thread