What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cut 2 (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
12 team PPR start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, Flex

Have to cut 2 before our Free agent draft

Newton, Cam CAR QB 

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Barber, Peyton TBB RB

Collins, Alex BAL RB

Crowell, Isaiah NYJ RB

Gore, Frank MIA RB

Ingram, Mark NOS RB (S)

Martin, Doug OAK RB

Thompson, Chris WAS RB(Q)

Benjamin, Kelvin BUF WR

Bryant, Martavis OAK WR

Crabtree, Michael BAL WR

Jackson, DeSean TBB WR

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Jones, Marvin DET WR

Burton, Trey CHI TE

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE (Q)

Zuerlein, Greg LAR PK (Q)

Barber should clearly be one of them.  You can argue either Gore, Zuerlein, or Martin for the other.  I probably would go Gore as well.  So Barber and Gore

I rank them in order of who to drop first : Barber, Gore, Zeurlein, Brant/Jackson.  i actually like Martin.

I don't know about cutting Barber. Jones is a rookie and if he struggles Barber could be right there. Gore for sure and Zuerlein, to me it gives you more upside.

nirad3 said:
This.  If it has to be now, Gore is one for sure.  Then probably Barber.
I have until 5 August so a little time.  The most part i am leaning towards Gore and CThompson or Barber... 

Almost never keep a kicker so zuerlein is the easy first cut.  Then watch camp for another week and cut either Gore or Barber.  Right now I would go gore 

Gore and Barber.  While I almost never keep a kicker, I'd hang onto Zuerline. He'll give a 3-4 point bump most weeks over most of the rest.

Gore and Barber.  While I almost never keep a kicker, I'd hang onto Zuerline. He'll give a 3-4 point bump most weeks over most of the rest.
Are you sure about that?  Kickers are basically random.  Maybe the league catches up to McVay's offensive scheme after a year of film and they aren't the highest scoring team anymore.  Kickers are a crapshoot.  It's not worth a roster spot. 

Are you sure about that?  Kickers are basically random.  Maybe the league catches up to McVay's offensive scheme after a year of film and they aren't the highest scoring team anymore.  Kickers are a crapshoot.  It's not worth a roster spot. 
He’s not saying that he would draft Zeurlein over Barber per se.  I agree K are a crapshoot, and they are always my last pick. But if you look at this roster, with Collins/Crowell/Ingram/CThomoson/Martin, I’d say Zuerline has a nuch better chance of making the gameday roster than Barber.

bkterps said:
He’s not saying that he would draft Zeurlein over Barber per se.  I agree K are a crapshoot, and they are always my last pick. But if you look at this roster, with Collins/Crowell/Ingram/CThomoson/Martin, I’d say Zuerline has a nuch better chance of making the gameday roster than Barber.
At this stage of the season who cares about that regarding a kicker?  A kicker is completely replaceable and doesn't really give you any advantage.  If Barber gets the bulk of carries you are getting someone you won't be able to find or replace on waivers.  It doesn't matter if Zuerline is in the lineup week 1 because he is easily replaceable.  if Barber hits, he is not easily replaceable.  Don't keep a kicker....

Users who are viewing this thread