Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Bojang0301

Dynasty & Redraft: Tre’Quan Smith, WR NO

49 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

I started him AND Kamara.  Traded Mike Thomas for Aaron Rogers  (QB heavy scoring) early in the season.  Lost Kupp.  Awful year.

Sometimes FF is a real B&$@#! 

I guess that’s why we all keep doing it, a bad luck season this year and maybe next year you win it all. FF is 50% skill, 50% luck and 25% skuck, which is the tiny bit of skill and luck combined. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Angry spiders said:

Play him at home only

23 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Next 3 games on the road so hes basically droppable?

Yeah he is not startable at all..

He is drop worthy now. He has screwed me for the last time. Huge drop inside the 5 & he got an earful when he came off the field. One good game, that's it, the rest garbage. 

7 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

He is drop worthy now. He has screwed me for the last time. Huge drop inside the 5 & he got an earful when he came off the field. One good game, that's it, the rest garbage. 

Cowboys defense stepped up to the plate and then some, but at this point I also feel like I'm wasting a roster spot on this dude.  Doctson, MVS, Enunwa, Callaway might not get anywhere near 30 pts but won't score zeros

Don’t disagree about dropping Smith but MVS has been close to zero the last two weeks. 1 catch for 8 yards week 11 and 1 for 3 yards week 12 🤢

On that one (only?) target in the first half near the end zone where he "alligator armed" the pass knowing he was going to get hit, did anyone else see the quick shot of him running off the field past Payton and Payton RIPPING into him as he jogged by? I think I lip-read the word "fudge" once or twice, but I’m no expert. 

1 minute ago, joey said:

On that one (only?) target in the first half near the end zone where he "alligator armed" the pass knowing he was going to get hit, did anyone else see the quick shot of him running off the field past Payton and Payton RIPPING into him as he jogged by? I think I lip-read the word "fudge" once or twice, but I’m no expert. 

Saw the ripping-into ... didn't read any lips, though. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised -- the mental game changes tremendously if the Saints score a TD there. As a homer, I'd go so far as to say the Saints win the game if they'd gotten a TD on that drive.

Brees threw for 127 yards, most WRs aren't going to be viable with that passing production by the QB. The mistake I made (and many made) is thinking Brees and the Saints would offensively dominate (See The Rule of Tre'Quan Smith). Underestimated Dallas big time.

His next 3:

14 - Dec 9 @TB Sun 1:00 pm ---- Start - It's frigging Tampa Bay

15 - Dec 17 @Car Mon 8:15pm ---- Bench - Not trusting him a Monday Night road game

16 - Dec 23 Pit Sun 4:25 pm ---- Home Game and he likely sees Artie Burns? Start

Of course YMMV.

Edited by The Frankman

Just now, Doug B said:

Saw the ripping-into ... didn't read any lips, though. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised -- the mental game changes tremendously if the Saints score a TD there. As a homer, I'd go so far as to say the Saints win the game if they'd gotten a TD on that drive.

Dude would've been destroyed at the 5, Vander Esch and another defender were there. I don't know what the deal was but Brees threw several medicine balls last night.

5 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Dude would've been destroyed at the 5, Vander Esch and another defender were there. I don't know what the deal was but Brees threw several medicine balls last night.

Gotta watch a replay ... looked to me like T. Smith could've knifed into the end zone without getting hit cleanly. Would've been very close to a Debo "KTFO" hit, admittedly.

16 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Agreed, there was no way Smith was scoring on that play.  Still should have caught it.

I didn't understand that play call.  The ran Smith on a slant right towards the linebackers.

1 hour ago, efactor said:

Don’t disagree about dropping Smith but MVS has been close to zero the last two weeks. 1 catch for 8 yards week 11 and 1 for 3 yards week 12 🤢

Already dropped that piece of dead weight too

You know the worst part about this? Remember when I posted my other WR options being Chris Conley and A.J. Green? Sammy Watkins was just declared OUT... if I knew that yesterday I would've started Conley to begin with. :wall:

Edited by The Frankman

3 hours ago, efactor said:

Yea obviously I wasn't checking the game logs very closely. Although technically it is higher than zero points? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Frankman said:

You know the worst part about this? Remember when I posted my other WR options being Chris Conley and A.J. Green? Sammy Watkins was just declared OUT... if I knew that yesterday I would've started Conley to begin with. :wall:

Yeah me too. 

22 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

I started him 3 weeks ago and got a zero.  Dropped him, picked him up again after he blew up.  Starting him tonight over the likes of Crabtree, Doctson, Moncreif.

Well crap, to make matters worse I dropped Ware to pick him up.  🙁

On 11/19/2018 at 11:48 AM, steelwind said:

What's going to happen when Brandon Marshall is activated week 12?  Don't give me the he's washed up argument.  Yes he is.  But the Saints aren't going to give away 1 million dollars to a player who joined week 11 to let him sit on the sidelines.  He will at least soak up some targets and opportunities.  Thoughts??

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1072968157483143169

Field Yates ‏

@FieldYates

The Saints have released WR Brandon Marshall, per source.

An around-the-way rumor on Saintsreport is that Marshall's ankle still isn't back to 100%. He's been able to practice, but he's apparently lost A LOT off his fastball.

The sad reality is that the passing atttack is more diverse than first thought and a lot of the bloom has come off Smith's rose. Dropped him last week; you can't be in the Fantasy playoffs and worried that your guy will get a zero. Plenty of talented WRs out there like Pettis, Foster, Hamilton who can get numbers.

12 minutes ago, Doug B said:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1072968157483143169

An around-the-way rumor on Saintsreport is that Marshall's ankle still isn't back to 100%. He's been able to practice, but he's apparently lost A LOT off his fastball.

Didn't have much to begin with.

The last home game he played in (Week 11) he had 157 yards and a TD.

I'm thinking about playing him. I'm in the Championship game and my opponent has Brees so maybe Smith can mitigate some of that damage.  :shrug:

1 hour ago, boilerdave said:

The last home game he played in (Week 11) he had 157 yards and a TD.

I'm thinking about playing him. I'm in the Championship game and my opponent has Brees so maybe Smith can mitigate some of that damage.  :shrug:

Nick Mensio's RotoWorld Evaluation

Start - Tre’Quan Smith vs. Steelers: Smith has become a forgotten man and non-factor in the fantasy community since his 10-157-1 evisceration of the Eagles in Week 11. He missed Week 12 with an injury, and the Saints have since played three straight road games where Smith has gone 0-0 as a receiver twice before a 2-15 night on four targets this past Monday night in Carolina. Smith simply hasn’t shown up on the road, much like most of the Saints’ passing offense. But in three home games since Ted Ginn (knee) was placed on I.R., Smith has amassed receiving lines of 3-111-2 against the Redskins as the overall WR5 in Week 5, 2-23-1 against the Rams as the WR32 in Week 9, and the aforementioned 10-157-1 against Philly as the WR3. And over the last three weeks, Smith has kept a stranglehold on No. 2 receiver duties, playing 131 snaps to Keith Kirkwood’s 83, while Austin Carr was a healthy scratch in Week 15. Ginn was designated to return from I.R. on Wednesday, but that simply opens his 21-day practice window for activation. Expecting him to suddenly jump into the lineup after not playing since Week 4 would be a stretch. Pittsburgh is No. 16 in fantasy points allowed to wideouts this season and 21st in pass-defense DVOA. The unit’s real strength is its pass rush and run defense. It’s a vulnerable group on the back end, and Drew Brees at home is a totally different animal. This game’s 53.5-point total is the highest of the week. Smith is tough to trust in season-long championship matches, but makes for an excellent DFS tournament play.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Seems weird to say but it’s hard to trust the NO passing offense right now. 

2 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

Seems weird to say but it’s hard to trust the NO passing offense right now. 

Not so at home and vs. the burnable Pittsburgh secondary.

He's looking healthy, practicing and playing.  Look for Brees to smartly try to feed him as the Falcons D keys on Thomas & Kamara.

31 minutes ago, pghrob said:

He's looking healthy, practicing and playing.  Look for Brees to smartly try to feed him as the Falcons D keys on Thomas & Kamara.

They still like Ginn. It’s hard to trust options beyond Thomas & Kamara 

Smith's time is coming. Just not sure it’s this year. He was healthy the first two weeks and only had a combined 5 targets. One went for a TD, but yeah.

i believe he has a bright future. Might be a coin flip as to his weekly value in redraft. 

• Like 1

Plugging him in. I don’t want to miss out on the air show.