Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Ignoratio Elenchi

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve

Madden tomorrow too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steeler said:

That's great - but as someone else mentioned the ad before the video sort of killed the rick-roll vibe.

####### goggle capitalists.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just got my sub, through rotopass like I have in recent years. I figured for sure the contest would be well on it's way by now and I would jam on that this morning. A bit disappointing considering I wouldn't bother with the whole rotopass if it wasn't for this contest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, adrenaline said:

So I just got my sub, through rotopass like I have in recent years. I figured for sure the contest would be well on it's way by now and I would jam on that this morning. A bit disappointing considering I wouldn't bother with the whole rotopass if it wasn't for this contest.

Maybe they are making the contest even better this year. More $1 players so there are different lineup combinations and more sleepers? I know it seems like every year I wish I had a few $1 players that aren't listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BoltBacker said:

Maybe they are making the contest even better this year. More $1 players so there are different lineup combinations and more sleepers? I know it seems like every year I wish I had a few $1 players that aren't listed.

Maybe, maybe they're busy playing fantasy baseball.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a 10 year hiatus from FF, I finally decided to get back in this year.  I just got a little too addicted, played in too many leagues, and ended up rooting for and against players at the same time.  Remember when Brian Westbrook took a knee at the 1-yard line?  I lost my marbles and vowed never to play again.  Well, it's good to be back, and even better that this contest is still going strong.  I certainly won't make the same mistake I did in 2008, when I loaded up on studs and got ousted quite quickly.  My clairvoyant dog will help me pick the right combo of kickers and defenses to make it to week 14.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing tons of value that I like this year.  Obviously I'll change it 7,000 times before the contest locks but it feels like it'll be pretty easy to land on a roster I'm happy with this year, which hasn't always been the case.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

it's go time

We did it!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 1st submission doesn't have a receiver over 14 dollars and I surprisingly feel okay about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave myself 3 minutes to create my first lineup which will definitely change.  But here's what I came up with:

QB - Jared Goff - 11
QB - Derek Carr - 9
RB - Ezekiel Elliott - 35
RB - Leonard Fournette - 29
RB - Derrick Henry - 21
RB - Marshawn Lynch - 15
WR - Michael Crabtree - 19
WR - Devin Funchess - 16
WR - Corey Davis - 15
WR - Randall Cobb - 14
WR - Nelson Agholor - 13
WR - Jordy Nelson - 13
TE - Jordan Reed - 16
TE - Austin Hooper - 8
PK - Mason Crosby - 4
PK - Harrison Butker - 4
TD - Oakland Raiders - 2
TD - Miami Dolphins - 2
TD - Indianapolis Colts - 2
TD - Cleveland Browns - 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Raback said:

On first pass I find the pricing much easier this year.  Lots and lots of cheap guys I like 

Are studs even more expensive this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After an hour of going through all the choices, I have only chosen 1 kicker thus far.  This is gonna take days, and I am perfectly fine with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First one done.

Agree that there seem to be a lot more players I like at lower $.  Expect to find more as injiry artitrage opportunities surface.

1st pass rooster has 25.  And too many with the same bye week.

-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few facts about last year's top 25 finishers:

- Only 2 of the teams took 4 QB's.  All the other teams took 2 or 3.

- Three teams took 4 RB's; 3 teams took 9 RB's.  The average was 6 RB's.

- The low for WR's was 5 (4 teams) and the high was 11 (1 team).  The average was 7.4 WR's.

- One team chose only Zach Ertz for TE.  All the rest chose 2, 3, or 4 TE's.

- Only 1 team chose 4 DEF's.  All the rest chose 2 or 3 DEF's.

- So much for the 20 kicker strategy.  Every top 25 finisher from last year chose either 2 or 3 kickers.

- Four teams chose only 18 or 19 rosters spots, and only 3 teams maxxxed out at 30.  The average was 23.5 roster spots.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

- So much for the 20 kicker strategy.  Every top 25 finisher from last year chose either 2 or 3 kickers.

What is this blasphemy.  Last year was an outlier imo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

What is this blasphemy.  Last year was an outlier imo

Clearly 20 was not enough kickers.

-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Worm said:

Main group I'm having trouble with is TE imo.

Yea I have that problem every year so I just skip over them and go with two extra RBs instead.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Worm said:

Main group I'm having trouble with is TE imo.

Yea I agree.  QB as well for me as the problem is I like so many of them at their prices 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On about version #12 now....of course it will change daily if not hourly, but so far:

 

24 total

QB - $25

RB - $79

WR - $76 

TE - $51 

K - $11

DEF - $6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheWinz said:

A few facts about last year's top 25 finishers:

- Only 2 of the teams took 4 QB's.  All the other teams took 2 or 3.

- Three teams took 4 RB's; 3 teams took 9 RB's.  The average was 6 RB's.

- The low for WR's was 5 (4 teams) and the high was 11 (1 team).  The average was 7.4 WR's.

- One team chose only Zach Ertz for TE.  All the rest chose 2, 3, or 4 TE's.

- Only 1 team chose 4 DEF's.  All the rest chose 2 or 3 DEF's.

- So much for the 20 kicker strategy.  Every top 25 finisher from last year chose either 2 or 3 kickers.

- Four teams chose only 18 or 19 rosters spots, and only 3 teams maxxxed out at 30.  The average was 23.5 roster spots.

Great, now I'm curious what was spent at each position.  Math please?  kidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished in the 140's last year and my roster stunk. Anyone can do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Right. It’s called Luck.

Andrew Luck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

 T Austin DAL - 4

Sorry if this is honda, but is this WR Tavon Austin listed as a RB?

 

Google says Dallas views him as a RB. 

Morans.

edited to add the vbd app has him as a WR...perhaps this should be updated to say RB since google and the contest consider him a RB.

Edited by SeniorVBDStudent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Google says Dallas views him as a RB. 

Morans.

edited to add the vbd app has him as a WR...perhaps this should be updated to say RB since google and the contest consider him a RB.

Ok, what was your huddle username?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.