Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Ignoratio Elenchi

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest

13 hours ago, Hybrid said:

Some quick ownership stats on some heavily owned players.

15115 Total Teams

Keelan Cole: 5514 teams

Royce Freeman: 5303 teams

Marquis Goodwin: 5547 teams

Christian McCaffrey: 4293 teams

James Conner: 5417 teams

Peyton Barber: 6216 teams

Patrick Mahomes: 4243 teams

Are those the top owned players?

12 hours ago, TheWinz said:

I am having fun finding "unique" rosters - found one with 16 kickers.  And knowing we have to start 2 RB's and 2 WR's, this clown chose Chubb, Blount, Funchess, and Cordarelle Patterson as his only RB's and WR's.

It happens every year. Last year, one of those lineups made it to week 11 or so. 

Okay now for a breakdown of my entry....

QB - 3 for $34.

QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/6 - $15  7.60%

QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/8 - $13  19.10%  #16 Owned

QB - Andy Dalton - CIN/9 - $6  19.60%  #15 Owned

I fear I spent too much here but I like the guys I got.  All have job security (something that knocked Flacco out for me).  All have the capability of putting up a big number.  Bullish on Dalton with his weapons all healthy, a full camp with the new OC, and at this price point.  Would have probably had Eli instead of Rivers, but the bye week conflict with Dalton killed that.  Toyed with Brees but that team has fundamentally changed its offensive emphasis.  Thought about Ryan but I like Rivers better.  Trubisky is too much of a question mark.  Darnold is gonna be good but they have the training wheels on this year based on Yards/Attempt.  The higher $ guys have questions in terms of personnel or injuries.  So these 3 guys that nobody is ever excited about.

RB - 7 for $95

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $35  7.89%

RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26  28.40%  #6 Owned

RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16  35.08%  #5 Owned

RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8  41.12%   #1 Owned

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $4  35.84%  #4 Owned

RB - John Kelly - LAR/12 - $3  3.76%

RB - Jeremy Hill - NE/11 - $3  8.72%

Yeah I just had to make room for Conner at the last minute.  Downgraded a $9 receiver to $6 (will mention later) and a $3 kicker to $2.  The mess between Pittsburgh and Bell could last into the season and Conner is being groomed to be the guy next year anyway so it's good to pass him up.  Had Gurley for the longest time but the reckoning of the week 12 bye pulled me off of him.  Considered Johnson and Gordon as top guy but I like Zeke.  As for McCaffrey I had Mixon in this 2nd spot for the longest time and while I am optimistic about Mixon I was not crazy about the Bengals run-blocking in the preseason.  Plus was a little Bengal-heavy and McCaffrey  seems like he has big upside too.  Freeman is popular for a reason and I wanted to invest big in the RB position.  Had both Barber and Breida for a while - settled on Barber largely because the rookie that was supposed to take his job has really really buried himself.  Kelly is a straight up pull tab on the chance Gurley gets hurt.  Hill was on my team for most of the time.  The goalline role isn't bad and frankly Belichick is like the kid who finds a madden glitch against you and just ruthlessly exploits it - I expect a ton of nothing weeks from Hill but then a couple where BB just spams him and he puts up a ridiculous number.  That kind of volatility is a plus in best ball.  7 RBs is probably 1 more than 1 ideally wanted but the price was right on those bottom 3.

WR - 9 for $66

WR - Marvin Jones - DET/6 - $20  5.03%

WR - Marquise Goodwin - SF/11 - $13  36.70%  #2 Owned

WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8 - $6  15.09%  #31 Owned

WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6  13.86%  #35 Owned

WR - John Brown - BAL/10 - $6  21.05%  #13 Owned

WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/9 - $5  7.48%

WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5  24.43%  #11 Owned

WR - Chad Williams - ARI/9 - $3  0.67%

WR - Phillip Dorsett - NE/11 - $2  12.26%  #45 Owned

Firing a ton of bullets with a gaggle of WR2s - in fact looking at it all of them probably would be considered their WR2.  I had Tyreek for the longest time but the late bye finally got to me and I wasn't massively sold on him all in all.  Been a fan of Marvin Jones for a long time.  Goodwin was on every single iteration I had - I love the opportunity at the price.  Pretty much these picks are all about opportunity.  I had Doctson on my rooster for the longest time - which in hindsight would have been nice for uniqueness - but swapped him out for Godwin to make room to get Conner.  Godwin was already on many iterations but I had dropped him when I saw he was listed as co-WR2 with DJax.  But still good upside and an early bye so why not.  John Brown I had pretty much the whole time - great spot for him.  Dede was on most of my iterations - switched over to Cole late and then ended up back to Westbrook when I was making room for someone at some point.  I was on Boyd and not Ross most of the time and maybe I should have stayed so for uniqueness but ultimately I think Ross will be boom and bust and thus matter more in this contest while Boyd is going to be steadier (and possibly score more over the season) but will have less big games.  Dorsett was a must have and on every iteration - when Belichick cuts like 100 WRs and keeps you as one of like 3 survivors I take that as a good sign.  Amazed he was not more roostered at that price.  Chad Williams was a very late add when I saw the news that he got the starting job opposite Freeman and read more about him.  Love that he is so rare.

TE - 4 for $36

TE - Trey Burton - CHI/5 - $14  25.58%  #10 Owned

TE - David Njoku - CLE/11 - $12  20.08%  #14 Owned

TE - Ricky Seals-Jones - ARI/9 - $7  10.52%  #60 Owned

TE - Nick Vannett - SEA/7 - $3  3.06%

For almost every iteration I sloughed off this position typically having groups with like 3 for $24 - late in the process I decided to go with a 2nd opportunity guy.  Early on I was all ready to have Shaheen at $2 and then he got hurt - that probably led me to pay attention to Burton and like him better at his price - he was on pretty much every iteration.  Never really went with a stud here - think there are young guys ready for opportunity.  Seemingly every $8, $7, and $6 guy was on my rooster at some point.  Late in the process I had GoGurt but decided to upgrade him to Njoku who has a clearer opportunity and should be a safety blanket for a young QB.  Settled on RSJ after reading and reading and reading and after not wanting to be disappointed in Cook for seemingly the hundredth time.  Vannett with a clear shot at $3 was a natural choice.  Surprised Vannett has such low ownership.

PK - 3 for $9

PK - Harrison Butker - KC/12 - $4  16.93%  #23 Owned

PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/9 - $3  13.67%  #37 Owned

PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2  18.33%  #18 Owned

3 kickers is my thing and I was at $10 for the longest time.  Butker can be the top kicker in the whole thing which is great at a $4 price - even with the late bye.  Played around with a lot of combos and bye shuffling and settled on Lambo and a team that should give him a lot of chances.  Vinatieri was on a lot of my combos earlier but ended up shuffling him out.  Fairbairn was downgrade from Hopkins (the other part of the sacrifice for Conner).  With Houston prime for a bounceback it's a great spot for him, but I am a little more nervous about his job security.  Injuries are a concern with kickers in this contest and I really tend to like to go with guys that I think will keep their job the whole year.  There is too much chance of either of these things happening (along with a dud week like 3 points) for me to ever consider going less than 3 kickers.  While I never grab the expensive guys I do put a lot of work into getting what I feel is the right combo.

TD - 4 for $10

TD - Jets - Jets/11 - $3  2.97%

TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  7.77%

TD - Oakland Raiders - OAK/7 - $2  7.11%

TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2  22.17%  #12 Owned

Usually I am 3 for $9 at this position but I love the potential of these defenses.  I think it is often forgotten that things like yards allowed and points allowed are not factors in this contest.  Being a good defense isn't really a prerequisite (in fact being bad but on the field all the time gives you more chance to get the odd sack or turnover).  Anyway I think the Jets will try and make big plays to help their developing offense.  They are worth a poke at that price.  The Bengals defense was not good as defenses go last year but they have a new coordinator with a much more aggressive attitude and they have monsters up front - they are a bargain here.  The Raiders took a hit without Mack for sure but at $2 I decided to keep 'em on.  Like a lot of other folks I see the Browns generating some big plays on defense especially at that price.

And for the first time in this contest I will have 30 players - surprising as I have traditionally been a big roster guy.  Just never was able to get that last piece in to fit.

Happy with how I spread out the bye weeks - both dollarwise and playerwise.

My average player is 16.40% owned. 

I own 5 of the 6 most owned players.  6 of the 10 most owned players.  13 of the 20 most owned players.  18 of the 50 most owned.  19 of the 60 most owned.

Hopefully this is the year :excited:

-QG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steeler said:

calcomatic.com is ready to go!  It is no longer in preseason mode :lol:

Thanks to everyone who already donated!!  If you haven't donated yet, what are you waiting for :P 

Is there a way to put two entries to show them as my teams? I always “talk my wife” into joining the site and doing an entry. 

This is my favorite fantasy contest all year so did two teams. One year, I picked the 2nd team at about 11:30 on the Wednesday before it locked and ended up with the same team entered in the contest twice.  I had 2 or 3 different players as I confused myself with which team I was picking for.  The best part was one team made it about 5 more weeks than the other.  

• Like 1

171 entries have the 5 in the top 6 that I have.

In case you are wondering 369 entries have all of the top 5 on their team :lmao:

321 have the top 4 runnings (as do I).  Only 9 entries, however, have those 4 plus Zeke so that might be an edge.

One of only 2 teams with the Stafford/M Jones/Elliot/Burton combo.  One of only 2 entries with the Stafford/M Jones/Elliot/Njoku combo. 

-QG

6 minutes ago, chocula said:

Is there a way to put two entries to show them as my teams? I always “talk my wife” into joining the site and doing an entry. 

This is my favorite fantasy contest all year so did two teams. One year, I picked the 2nd team at about 11:30 on the Wednesday before it locked and ended up with the same team entered in the contest twice.  I had 2 or 3 different players as I confused myself with which team I was picking for.  The best part was one team made it about 5 more weeks than the other.  

The cookie that tracks your entry is browser/device specific.  So if you have multiple browsers on you computer for example, you could setup one of the entries on Chrome (for example) and the other entry on FireFox or whatever.  Another option would be to setup one entry on your computer and the other entry on your phone.  Or one entry on your phone and one entry on your wife's phone.  You get the idea.

To see both entries easily on the same device, you can set up one of the entries using the "This is My Entry" button and then simply bookmark the other entry in your browser.

This is the discount entry of the tourney - only $115 spend 20 players what a bargain

A total of 5 entries spent $200 or less

3 had $200 on the nose

This guy had 30 guys for $199 Linky

And my guess is that these last 4 guys all thought they had $50 less to spend than they actually did :lmao:

-QG

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, QuizGuy66 said:

This is the discount entry of the tourney - only $115 spend 20 players what a bargain

A total of 5 entries spent $200 or less

3 had $200 on the nose

This guy had 30 guys for $199 Linky

And my guess is that these last 4 guys all thought they had $50 less to spend than they actually did :lmao:

-QG

In theory the optimal lineup won’t spend 250 but I doubt 200 is the optimal number

• Like 1

Case Keenum $7

Mitchell Trubisky $7

Andy Dalton $6

Might be my downfall but went cheap at QB. Lots of value in the low end starters. Toyed with the $11 guys but preferred 3 QBs over just two. Didn't want to risk having an injury during the 2nd QB's bye week so went with 3. Like both Dalton's and Keenum's weapons. Really liked Manning's as well but bye conflicted with Dalton's. Trubisky is a cheap upside guy.

Christian McCaffrey $26

Jordan Howard $25

Kenyan Drake $21

Royce Freeman $16

James Conner $4

Wanted to go heavy with RBs. Had Mixon and Barber for the longest time. Felt Howard was better value than Mixon. Found extra money to upgrade from Barber to Freeman. Really liked Collins' value and Miller's value as well but the week 10 byes didn't work with Freeman's. Like the early byes for my top 2 RBs. Like my QBs, took a high upside guy with Drake.

Emmanuel Sanders $17

Corey Davis $15

Marquise Goodwin $13

Sterling Shepard $12

Keelan Cole $7

Chris Godwin $6

John Brown $6

Geronimo Allison $6

Like others, went shotgun approach with the WRs. Soooo much value here in the cheaper WRs. Wanted a couple of solid scores I could rely on from week to week. Sanders and Goodwin should hopefully give me that. Davis has huge upside and should also give me a solid score week to week. Really liked Shepherds potential and felt he was overlooked. Hoping for a good score or two from Cole, Godwin, Brown and Allison. I think Allison is being overlooked for someone who is stepping in to Jordy Nelson's role. Had pretty much all the rookie WRs at one point (Gallup, Miller, Smith, Sutton) but decided to go with young guys with a year under their belts. Also toyed with Lockett but with two injury prone WRs already in Davis and Brown didn't need a 3rd.

Travis Kelce $25

Trey Burton $14

Dallas Goedert $4

Never really changed my TEs from the start. Wanted a stud in Kelce (waffled between him and Ertz). Burton has huge upside and may be the key to advancing and felt he'd be highly owned. Not expecting a lot of receptions from Goedert from hopefully enough TDs sprinkled in to carry me through a couple of weeks.

Dustin Hopkins $3

Zane Gonzalez $2

Cody Parkey $2

Went cheap at kicker. With cheap kickers felt it was important to have at minimum 3.

Oakland Raiders $2

Miami Dolphins $2

Indianapolis Colts $2

Similar strategy as kickers.

Never did much in the contest. This year I feel most comfortable.

Good luck to all

6 hours ago, Tennessee_ATO said:

Blech. I couldn't possibly be less of a fan.  I documented my incredulity about the hyping of the guy when he went to GB on some thread around here a couple of years ago.  He wasn't actually a TE1 last year -- 54 catches for 688 yards and 2 TDs put him squarely in the top-half of TE2 range, which I guess if fine as far as that goes.  But he's got no big-game upside.  He drops the ball, runs horrible routes at (a lot of) times, and is remarkably unable to go up and get the ball in traffic given his body.  And last year was his best year in his 9 year career.  I got to watch him up close and personal for years at Tennessee.  He is just not good.  He looks like he should be awesome.  But he isn't.  He thinks he is (when he announced that he should be franchised by the Titans as a WR, it was one of the more absurd things I've ever seen in the NFL, and that's saying something).  But he isn't.  We have 9 years of data now that shows exactly what he is, IMO.

Unto each his own, obviously, but I think he was overpriced at $8.  For $2 or even $3 I could squint and see it.  But that's why there are thousands of different rosters in this competition every year.  Give me Hooper for that $8.  He has the dropsies and can't run routes at (a lot of) times too.  But he's on the right side of 30 and is still theoretically improving.

Jared Cook was the prequel to Eric Ebron. Big, fast move TEs that can't catch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuizGuy66 said:

Okay now for a breakdown of my entry....

QB - 3 for $34.

QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/6 - $15  7.60%

QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/8 - $13  19.10%  #16 Owned

QB - Andy Dalton - CIN/9 - $6  19.60%  #15 Owned

I fear I spent too much here but I like the guys I got.  All have job security (something that knocked Flacco out for me).  All have the capability of putting up a big number.  Bullish on Dalton with his weapons all healthy, a full camp with the new OC, and at this price point.  Would have probably had Eli instead of Rivers, but the bye week conflict with Dalton killed that.  Toyed with Brees but that team has fundamentally changed its offensive emphasis.  Thought about Ryan but I like Rivers better.  Trubisky is too much of a question mark.  Darnold is gonna be good but they have the training wheels on this year based on Yards/Attempt.  The higher $ guys have questions in terms of personnel or injuries.  So these 3 guys that nobody is ever excited about.

RB - 7 for $95

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $35  7.89%

RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26  28.40%  #6 Owned

RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16  35.08%  #5 Owned

RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8  41.12%   #1 Owned

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $4  35.84%  #4 Owned

RB - John Kelly - LAR/12 - $3  3.76%

RB - Jeremy Hill - NE/11 - $3  8.72%

Yeah I just had to make room for Conner at the last minute.  Downgraded a $9 receiver to $6 (will mention later) and a $3 kicker to $2.  The mess between Pittsburgh and Bell could last into the season and Conner is being groomed to be the guy next year anyway so it's good to pass him up.  Had Gurley for the longest time but the reckoning of the week 12 bye pulled me off of him.  Considered Johnson and Gordon as top guy but I like Zeke.  As for McCaffrey I had Mixon in this 2nd spot for the longest time and while I am optimistic about Mixon I was not crazy about the Bengals run-blocking in the preseason.  Plus was a little Bengal-heavy and McCaffrey  seems like he has big upside too.  Freeman is popular for a reason and I wanted to invest big in the RB position.  Had both Barber and Breida for a while - settled on Barber largely because the rookie that was supposed to take his job has really really buried himself.  Kelly is a straight up pull tab on the chance Gurley gets hurt.  Hill was on my team for most of the time.  The goalline role isn't bad and frankly Belichick is like the kid who finds a madden glitch against you and just ruthlessly exploits it - I expect a ton of nothing weeks from Hill but then a couple where BB just spams him and he puts up a ridiculous number.  That kind of volatility is a plus in best ball.  7 RBs is probably 1 more than 1 ideally wanted but the price was right on those bottom 3.

WR - 9 for $66

WR - Marvin Jones - DET/6 - $20  5.03%

WR - Marquise Goodwin - SF/11 - $13  36.70%  #2 Owned

WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8 - $6  15.09%  #31 Owned

WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6  13.86%  #35 Owned

WR - John Brown - BAL/10 - $6  21.05%  #13 Owned

WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/9 - $5  7.48%

WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5  24.43%  #11 Owned

WR - Chad Williams - ARI/9 - $3  0.67%

WR - Phillip Dorsett - NE/11 - $2  12.26%  #45 Owned

Firing a ton of bullets with a gaggle of WR2s - in fact looking at it all of them probably would be considered their WR2.  I had Tyreek for the longest time but the late bye finally got to me and I wasn't massively sold on him all in all.  Been a fan of Marvin Jones for a long time.  Goodwin was on every single iteration I had - I love the opportunity at the price.  Pretty much these picks are all about opportunity.  I had Doctson on my rooster for the longest time - which in hindsight would have been nice for uniqueness - but swapped him out for Godwin to make room to get Conner.  Godwin was already on many iterations but I had dropped him when I saw he was listed as co-WR2 with DJax.  But still good upside and an early bye so why not.  John Brown I had pretty much the whole time - great spot for him.  Dede was on most of my iterations - switched over to Cole late and then ended up back to Westbrook when I was making room for someone at some point.  I was on Boyd and not Ross most of the time and maybe I should have stayed so for uniqueness but ultimately I think Ross will be boom and bust and thus matter more in this contest while Boyd is going to be steadier (and possibly score more over the season) but will have less big games.  Dorsett was a must have and on every iteration - when Belichick cuts like 100 WRs and keeps you as one of like 3 survivors I take that as a good sign.  Amazed he was not more roostered at that price.  Chad Williams was a very late add when I saw the news that he got the starting job opposite Freeman and read more about him.  Love that he is so rare.

TE - 4 for $36

TE - Trey Burton - CHI/5 - $14  25.58%  #10 Owned

TE - David Njoku - CLE/11 - $12  20.08%  #14 Owned

TE - Ricky Seals-Jones - ARI/9 - $7  10.52%  #60 Owned

TE - Nick Vannett - SEA/7 - $3  3.06%

For almost every iteration I sloughed off this position typically having groups with like 3 for $24 - late in the process I decided to go with a 2nd opportunity guy.  Early on I was all ready to have Shaheen at $2 and then he got hurt - that probably led me to pay attention to Burton and like him better at his price - he was on pretty much every iteration.  Never really went with a stud here - think there are young guys ready for opportunity.  Seemingly every $8, $7, and $6 guy was on my rooster at some point.  Late in the process I had GoGurt but decided to upgrade him to Njoku who has a clearer opportunity and should be a safety blanket for a young QB.  Settled on RSJ after reading and reading and reading and after not wanting to be disappointed in Cook for seemingly the hundredth time.  Vannett with a clear shot at $3 was a natural choice.  Surprised Vannett has such low ownership.

PK - 3 for $9

PK - Harrison Butker - KC/12 - $4  16.93%  #23 Owned

PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/9 - $3  13.67%  #37 Owned

PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2  18.33%  #18 Owned

3 kickers is my thing and I was at $10 for the longest time.  Butker can be the top kicker in the whole thing which is great at a $4 price - even with the late bye.  Played around with a lot of combos and bye shuffling and settled on Lambo and a team that should give him a lot of chances.  Vinatieri was on a lot of my combos earlier but ended up shuffling him out.  Fairbairn was downgrade from Hopkins (the other part of the sacrifice for Conner).  With Houston prime for a bounceback it's a great spot for him, but I am a little more nervous about his job security.  Injuries are a concern with kickers in this contest and I really tend to like to go with guys that I think will keep their job the whole year.  There is too much chance of either of these things happening (along with a dud week like 3 points) for me to ever consider going less than 3 kickers.  While I never grab the expensive guys I do put a lot of work into getting what I feel is the right combo.

TD - 4 for $10

TD - Jets - Jets/11 - $3  2.97%

TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  7.77%

TD - Oakland Raiders - OAK/7 - $2  7.11%

TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2  22.17%  #12 Owned

Usually I am 3 for $9 at this position but I love the potential of these defenses.  I think it is often forgotten that things like yards allowed and points allowed are not factors in this contest.  Being a good defense isn't really a prerequisite (in fact being bad but on the field all the time gives you more chance to get the odd sack or turnover).  Anyway I think the Jets will try and make big plays to help their developing offense.  They are worth a poke at that price.  The Bengals defense was not good as defenses go last year but they have a new coordinator with a much more aggressive attitude and they have monsters up front - they are a bargain here.  The Raiders took a hit without Mack for sure but at $2 I decided to keep 'em on.  Like a lot of other folks I see the Browns generating some big plays on defense especially at that price.

And for the first time in this contest I will have 30 players - surprising as I have traditionally been a big roster guy.  Just never was able to get that last piece in to fit.

Happy with how I spread out the bye weeks - both dollarwise and playerwise.

My average player is 16.40% owned. 

I own 5 of the 6 most owned players.  6 of the 10 most owned players.  13 of the 20 most owned players.  18 of the 50 most owned.  19 of the 60 most owned.

Hopefully this is the year :excited:

-QG

Really enjoyed reading this QG.

2 hours ago, QuizGuy66 said:

So 3 guys figured they had completely unique rosters w/ 22 kickers, only to find out they were wrong. 

• Like 4

Philip Rivers $13

Patrick Mahomes II $11 

Sam Darnold $3

Leonard Fournette $29

Christian McCaffrey $26

Alex Collins $21

Peyton Barber $8 

James Conner $4

Marvin Jones $20

Josh Gordon $18

Will Fuller $13

Tyrell Williams $8

Keelan Cole $7

Brandon Marshall $3

Cordarrelle Patterson $3

Phillip Dorsett $2

Rob Gronkowski $26

Jimmy Graham $20

Josh Lambo $3 

Cody Parkey $2 

Los Angeles Rams $8 

Cleveland Browns $2

3 hours ago, chocula said:

It happens every year. Last year, one of those lineups made it to week 11 or so. 

Yeah, historically these teams do surprisingly well.   Often very good owners who really nail the cheapie picks.

2 minutes ago, QuizGuy66 said:

One of the more interesting entries

Big roster with 29 guys.

3 QBs for $28, 7 RBs for $70, 6 WRs for $58, 4 TEs for $47, 4 PK for $19, 5(!) DEF for $28

Definitely a unique strategy.

-QG

Please explain.  Looks like a crappy team that will be gone shortly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuizGuy66 said:

One of the more interesting entries

Big roster with 29 guys.

3 QBs for $28, 7 RBs for $70, 6 WRs for $58, 4 TEs for $47, 4 PK for $19, 5(!) DEF for $28

Definitely a unique strategy.

-QG

I'd put the exclamation mark after the $28 rather than the 5.  4 kickers & 5 defenses could be part of a reasonable strategy, $19 and $28 is not.

12 hours ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

20 hours ago, apalmer said:

So I've bookmarked this link, but how do you navigate to this?  I don't see it in the menu path...?

Don't think you can menu your way to it.  There's a link on the FBG Contest This Week's Results Page.

6 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Shocking that over a 1/3 of the field didn't have an Eagle or Falcon on the roster.

Yeah, being stuck at 0 almost feels like the contest hasn't started yet.

Hurry up Sunday!!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Shocking that over a 1/3 of the field didn't have an Eagle or Falcon on the roster.

:shrug:

I thought most eagles were overpriced except goedert. falcons too mostly except Hooper and their defense. I'm lightly kicking myself for dropping their D right now, they at least looked alright most of the game.

And here is my team:

4 QBs for $39

Rothlisberger, Smith, Manning, Dalton

7 RBs for $104

Gordon, Fournette, R. Freeman, J. White, Barber, Breida, Connor

5 WRs for $67

Smith-Schuster, Hogan, Goodwin, Lockett, Cole

Only 2 TEs for $17

Ebron, Gates

2 PK for $8

Lutz and Vinatieri

2 D for $15

Philadelphia and Minnesota

Went RB heavy -- just like my redraft season-long teams!

25 minutes ago, davidwb said:

And here is my team:

4 QBs for $39

Rothlisberger, Smith, Manning, Dalton

7 RBs for $104

Gordon, Fournette, R. Freeman, J. White, Barber, Breida, Connor

5 WRs for $67

Smith-Schuster, Hogan, Goodwin, Lockett, Cole

Only 2 TEs for $17

Ebron, Gates

2 PK for $8

Lutz and Vinatieri

2 D for $15

Philadelphia and Minnesota

Went RB heavy -- just like my redraft season-long teams!

That will be your undoing.  Spotting points to most of the field at WR, TE, K, D.  The RB position was the worst pt to $ return on investment.  It's very likely you have weeks where you have points on the bench that exceed your scores at TE/K/D.  That said, best of luck to you this year.

9 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Crappy teams are interesting to me though :)

-QG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZWK said:

I'd put the exclamation mark after the $28 rather than the 5.  4 kickers & 5 defenses could be part of a reasonable strategy, $19 and $28 is not.

True I just had to put the exclamation point somewhere :)

-QG

9 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

It seems like it could make a few cuts but the long term prognosis is not good.  Has to be the entry with the highest dollar amount spent equally on QB and Defense

-QG

QB
Ben Roethlisberger
Patrick Mahomes II
Andy Dalton
Ryan Tannehill

RB
Jordan Howard
Jay Ajayi
Lamar Miller
Marshawn Lynch
Peyton Barber

WR
T.Y. Hilton
Marquise Goodwin
Kenny Golladay
Keelan Cole
Chris Godwin
Geronimo Allison
Mike Wallace
Terrance Williams
Chad Williams
TreQuan Smith
Phillip Dorsett

TE
Tyler Eifert
Jared Cook
Mike Gesicki

PK
Daniel Carlson
Adam Vinatieri
Sebastian Janikowski

DT
Chicago Bears
Washington Redskins
Miami Dolphins

first time going quantity over quality and biggest roster i've had in the contest ever. only regret being i realize i could have added another TE or two in place of the tail end of the WR's. Week 9 will be a tough pass with 8 players on bye.

I'm absolutely amazed and stoked at some of the percentages I ended up with, with a couple exceptions.

Manning $7  13.42

Flacco $5  10.61

Darnold $3  16.46

Barkley $28  11.52

Henry $21  4.00

Miller $18  16.20

Hyde $14  13.28

Carson $11  16.45

Barber $8    41.12

Adams $29  10.91

Cooper $23   5.13

DJ Moore $11  2.16

Benjamin $11   2.90

A Miller $7    8.21

Godwin $6    13.86

Westbrook $5   7.48

Sutton $5     7.42

Njoku $12    20.08

ASJ $9      7.06

Goedert $4   13.95

Vannett $3     3.06

Vinatieri $3    16.65

Gonzalez $2    5.29

Redskins $3    3.22

Browns $2     22.17

6 hours ago, sooted72 said:

found another player that calcomatic doesnt have registered yet: mike wallace.  its not giving him credit for his points. :wall:

:lol:   Don't scare me like that!  :lol:  It's not calcomatic's fault he got a zero this week :P 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Steeler said:

:lol:   Don't scare me like that!  :lol:  It's not calcomatic's fault he got a zero this week :P 

I really think the work “again” needs to be in this sentence! ?

I will add another name to my list of if these players are on the winning team you can choose my avatar next year...

fumblin Joe Flacco

Mike I forgot to tie my shoes Wallace 

On 9/6/2018 at 8:29 AM, -OZ- said:

Kind of surprised to see 295 have Lamar Jackson and only 67 have Jackson and Flacco. Would have thought almost every Jackson owner would take Flacco at least to start the year. 

You win by scoring points in the final weeks, but first you have to get there. I'm one of the Jackson only owners.  I didn't want to rely on Flacco to get me there but I loved the upside of Jackson to score big at the end, hence he's on my team.

Same reason I have Chubb and no other Cleveland RB.

A few more fun teams in the contest...

Team half budget  http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/114965.php  decided to spend only $115.  FYI - 4 other teams spent $200 or less

Team bye week  http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/105400.php  thinks this contest will end in week 11

Team homer  http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/104211.php  decided to roster 9 from the same team

Team stud QB  http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/110599.php  thought spending $230 at the position was the shark move

10 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Its at the bottom of the MyFBG screen.

Thank you. I wouldn't have found that in a million years. 

Can any of you frequent flyers point me to a free data source on the web (or "paid content" here, since I have the full package on fbg) that shows me a summary table of 2017 coverage stats for every cornerback and safety in the league?  I do not want to pay to get behind the firewall of PFF, Roto, outsiders, etc....just to be able to get this summary data.

TIA.

My Squad

Case Keenum            $7      0.00                                                            bye                                          
Mitchell Trubisky      $7      0.00                         bye                                                                             
Andy Dalton            $6      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saquon Barkley        $28      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Royce Freeman         $16      0.00                                                            bye                                          
Sony Michel           $10      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Aaron Jones            $9      0.00                                       bye                                                               
Peyton Barber          $8      0.00                         bye                                                                             
James Conner           $4      0.00                                       bye                                                               
John Kelly             $3      0.00                                                                          bye                            
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josh Gordon           $18      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Chris Hogan           $17      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Emmanuel Sanders      $17      0.00                                                            bye                                          
Nelson Agholor        $13      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Kenny Stills          $11      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Keelan Cole            $7      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Mohamed Sanu           $7      0.00                                              bye                                                        
Ted Ginn               $6      0.00                                bye                                                                      
John Ross              $5      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
James Washington       $4      0.00                                       bye                                                               
Trey Burton           $14      0.00                         bye                                                                             
Ben Watson             $8      0.00                                bye                                                                      
Dallas Goedert         $4      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Jacob Hollister        $3      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Dustin Hopkins         $3      0.00                  bye                                                                                    
Zane Gonzalez          $2      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Kaimi Fairbairn        $2      0.00                                                            bye                                          
San Francisco 49ers    $4      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
New York Giants        $4      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Washington Redskins    $3      0.00                  bye                                                                                    

4 hours ago, TripItUp said:

My Squad

Case Keenum            $7      0.00                                                            bye                                          
Andy Dalton            $6      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Saquon Barkley        $28      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Royce Freeman         $16      0.00                                                            bye                                          
Sony Michel           $10      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Aaron Jones            $9      0.00                                       bye                                                               
Peyton Barber          $8      0.00                         bye                                                                             
James Conner           $4      0.00                                       bye                                                               
John Kelly             $3      0.00                                                                          bye                            
Josh Gordon           $18      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Chris Hogan           $17      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Emmanuel Sanders      $17      0.00                                                            bye                                          
Nelson Agholor        $13      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Kenny Stills          $11      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Keelan Cole            $7      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Mohamed Sanu           $7      0.00                                              bye                                                        
Ted Ginn               $6      0.00                                bye                                                                      
John Ross              $5      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
James Washington       $4      0.00                                       bye                                                               
Trey Burton           $14      0.00                         bye                                                                             
Ben Watson             $8      0.00                                bye                                                                      
Dallas Goedert         $4      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Jacob Hollister        $3      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Dustin Hopkins         $3      0.00                  bye                                                                                    
Zane Gonzalez          $2      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
Kaimi Fairbairn        $2      0.00                                                            bye                                          
San Francisco 49ers    $4      0.00                                                                   bye                                   
New York Giants        $4      0.00                                                     bye                                                 
Washington Redskins    $3      0.00                  bye                                                                                    

Guys we have in common are RB's Freeman, Jones, Barber, and Conner, WR's Cole, Ginn, and Ross, TE's Burton and Goedert, and K Fairbairn.

I really wanted Michel for the end of the season, but ran out of money.  Good squad, and good luck

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 4:52 PM, Dr. Dan said:

RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26 28.4%

RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8  41.12%

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $4 35.84%

WR - Marquise Goodwin - SF/11 - $13 38.70%

WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/7 - $9 13.28%

WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6 13.86%

WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5 24.43%

TE - Trey Burton - CHI/5 - $14 25.58%

TE - Jared Cook - OAK/7 - $8 7.34%

PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2 18.33%

TD - Chicago Bears - CHI/5 - $5 26.26%

TD - Pittsburgh Steelers - PIT/7 - $5 7.87%

Our common roster spots above.  I was kinda shocked to see your final lineup.  I assumed you would go with more cheap WR's.  I have to go find the roster most resembling mine now...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TripItUp said:

My Squad

Andy Dalton            $6      0.00                                                     

I like the rest, but why these 3 guys? I had Mitch in for a long time, keenum scares me a little and I have him in a couple dynasty leagues.

Some roster minimum stats:

237 entries have 1 QB

122 entries have 2 RB

61 entries have 2 WR

947 entries have 1 TE

1626 entries have 1 PK

1591 entries have 1 TD

-QG