What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (3 Viewers)

Wow!  Seeing my receivers...I must have been drunk (and I don't drink more than a strawberry daiquiri a year or so).  Mahomes almost got me to the cut - missed by 2 points with AB being my highest scoring wr (by far).  Guess it's time for that yearly daiquiri!

4 kickers may be the right call if you're a moron (me) and pick rookie ones that get cut (Carlson).

Fortunately Mahomes and my "one of Kelce or Gronk must surely go off each week" strategy is working through two weeks.
That would be hard week 12 if you make it that far, that was the reason I didint go with Mahomes in this, Have him in all 3 redrafts

That would be hard week 12 if you make it that far, that was the reason I didint go with Mahomes in this, Have him in all 3 redrafts
I'm actually more worried about week 11. My only out guys in 12 are the two from KC plus Woods in LA.

11 I'd be missing Jimmy G, Breida, Gronk, Dorsett, JGordon.

I'm hoping Mark Ingram post week-4 gives me a strong team, and forced me to pick enough depth to get through week 4 that it lasts to the end. But idk. I always lose at this and never seem to learn.

I'm actually more worried about week 11. My only out guys in 12 are the two from KC plus Woods in LA.

11 I'd be missing Jimmy G, Breida, Gronk, Dorsett, JGordon.

I'm hoping Mark Ingram post week-4 gives me a strong team, and forced me to pick enough depth to get through week 4 that it lasts to the end. But idk. I always lose at this and never seem to learn.
I wIsh you luck the way through

My worst week looks like 10 with Flacco, Brown, Fuller, Freeman and Fairbairn

Haha, yes Daisy, I recognized the name as I was sorting.  Our teams are very similar.  We also share Rivers, McCaffrey, Freeman, Goodwin, Lockett, Gallup, Ross, Taylor, Burton, Lambo, Fairbairn, and CLE.  I also saw Elevencents had this combo.  I passed on Mahomes because of his late bye, not because I thought he was bad value.  Went with the combo of Ben (7), Rivers (8), and Eli (9).
Ugh I am counting 14 common players with you guys...

-QG

So, week 1 cut line was 147.30.  Week 2 cut line was 164.15.  What do we expect for week 3?
Team #11,000 week 1 was at 162.90, which is pretty close to where it was week 2. Team #9000 was at 176.05 last week (and 172.05 in week 1), so my guess would be somewhere in that range  :scared:

Last edited by a moderator:
Team #11,000 week 1 was at 162.90, which is pretty close to where it was week 2. Team #9000 was at 176.05 last week (and 172.05 in week 1), so my guess would be somewhere in that range  :scared:
It would blow my mind if the cutoff reached 175 in week 3, but you never know.  Injuries should start leveling out the cutoffs, and if they don't, we are looking at a cutoff over 200 by week 5!

It would blow my mind if the cutoff reached 175 in week 3, but you never know.  Injuries should start leveling out the cutoffs, and if they don't, we are looking at a cutoff over 200 by week 5!
The cutoff point will get lower when bye weeks kick in, so this week will be the highest for quite a while.  

It depends on what Conner and Barber do on Monday night.

It depends on what Conner and Barber do on Monday night.
Conner was huge week 1 and team #9000 was at 172 points. He did very little last week and team 9000 was still at 176 points. I don't think he's influencing things all that much. Barber hasn't been an influence at all with his low scores; I guess if he suddenly puts up 30 points, it might matter, but TB is going to be too busy picking on Pittsburgh's non-existent pass defense for him to do that.

TheWinz said:
So, week 1 cut line was 147.30.  Week 2 cut line was 164.15.  What do we expect for week 3?
163.80 last year so id guess low 170s QB scoring is up and less junk entries compared to last year at this time.

RB's and WR's will do fine and should carry you to week 4.  Not a fan of your QB's though.  Good thing you backed up Olsen with Burton and Cook both.
Yeah if Fitzpatrick holds the job I'm done for. I grabbed Wilson due to some sneaky sneaky TB offensive statistics I was looking at. Proved to be true with Fitzpatrick doing so well and their running game not. However, if he holds the job I may as well be out this week. Winston was my ace in the hole. 

Losing Olsen is a bummer. He should be back and Burton/Cook does help with that loss- but that's still $20ish better spent elsewhere. 

Yeah if Fitzpatrick holds the job I'm done for. I grabbed Wilson due to some sneaky sneaky TB offensive statistics I was looking at. Proved to be true with Fitzpatrick doing so well and their running game not. However, if he holds the job I may as well be out this week. Winston was my ace in the hole. 

Losing Olsen is a bummer. He should be back and Burton/Cook does help with that loss- but that's still $20ish better spent elsewhere. 
Hopefully I can stay alive long enough to see where my useless $ went.  I know each year is different, but the WR's under $10 are well worth it this year.  I spent just $62 on 9 WR's, and the only one over 10 was Goodwin at 13.  Hopefully he returns and meshes with Jimmy, but for now, both my flex scores have come from WR each week, even though I spent $97 on 6 RB's.

OUCH!  

So you forecasting the QB TD parade to continue?  I just imagine the Def can step up after seeing some tape and drop the numbers.

If it tops 180, I am likely sitting on the bench from here on out! 
I used some basic trend analysis ;)

I predict week 4's cut will be 196.85 and week 5's will be 212.70

-QG

Pretty sure my team is DOA this week
Nice "Keerock"

I'll do you one better....

I would call your team a flaming turd, but that would be that would be an insult to flaming turds everywhere.  Pretty pathetic outside of the super secret TE.  Not sure why you spent the majority of your budget on the position with the least return for the dollar.  Good thing you stuck with PE because math must not be your strong suit.  Cook has one good game a year.  Thankfully you got it in week 1 otherwise you would have already been eliminated by 16 kicker guy.  That extra $11 you spent on Goff to pair with Darold has been netting you about 2 points a week.  That could have been another couple of kickers and you'd likely be getting more than 5.8 points at that position.  I think a kicker gets 5.8 points for tying his shoes anyway.  What kind of Dr. are you?  You should have known better than to draft Olsen.  Given your occupation, you should have called me for a second opinion because this abortion is is screaming malpractice.

You're welcome in advance, you'll now be advancing to week 4 and I'll be getting the  boot.

Nice "Keerock"

I'll do you one better....

I would call your team a flaming turd, but that would be that would be an insult to flaming turds everywhere.  Pretty pathetic outside of the super secret TE.  Not sure why you spent the majority of your budget on the position with the least return for the dollar.  Good thing you stuck with PE because math must not be your strong suit.  Cook has one good game a year.  Thankfully you got it in week 1 otherwise you would have already been eliminated by 16 kicker guy.  That extra $11 you spent on Goff to pair with Darold has been netting you about 2 points a week.  That could have been another couple of kickers and you'd likely be getting more than 5.8 points at that position.  I think a kicker gets 5.8 points for tying his shoes anyway.  What kind of Dr. are you?  You should have known better than to draft Olsen.  Given your occupation, you should have called me for a second opinion because this abortion is is screaming malpractice.

You're welcome in advance, you'll now be advancing to week 4 and I'll be getting the  boot.
:lmao:  

There we go that’s what horrible QB’s are supposed to throw up!!! Now if the rest could follow suit my QB strategy might work lol. 

Njoku with a non-washout number.  Browns D with a respectable 8.

14.6 after those two and the Jets D.  Meh but I'll take it

-QG

Cut line is still at 0, as only 7651 out of 11002 teams scored points.  1437 ecstatic Carlos Hyde owners.  365 very happy Isiaiah Crowell owners.  1078 very happy Jarvis Landry owners.  2643 happy Browns D owners.

Cut line is still at 0, as only 7651 out of 11002 teams scored points.  1437 ecstatic Carlos Hyde owners.  365 very happy Isiaiah Crowell owners.  1078 very happy Jarvis Landry owners.  2643 happy Browns D owners.
"Very" happy about Landry is probably an overstatement, considering that 18 has been my average utilized WR production thus far."

And eight points is the third-lowest total out of seven so far for my defenses, so I can't even say I'm happy with the Browns D.

Need L Miller or Lynch to show up in a big way this week. Otherwise about to be exposed for my weakness at RB. A couple of dead money also in Goodwin and Wallace at the WR position, but at least there I have others that can cover.

Code:
Ben Roethlisberger    $14
Patrick Mahomes II    $11
Andy Dalton            $6
Ryan Tannehill         $6
--------------------------
Jordan Howard         $25
Jay Ajayi             $20
Lamar Miller          $18
Marshawn Lynch        $15
Peyton Barber          $8
T.Y. Hilton           $25
Marquise Goodwin      $13
Kenny Golladay        $11
Keelan Cole            $7
Chris Godwin           $6
Geronimo Allison       $6
Mike Wallace           $5
Terrance Williams      $4
Chad Williams          $3
TreQuan Smith          $3
Phillip Dorsett        $2
Tyler Eifert           $9
Jared Cook             $8
Mike Gesicki           $6
Daniel Carlson         $3
Adam Vinatieri         $3
Sebastian Janikowski   $3
Chicago Bears          $5
Washington Redskins    $3
Miami Dolphins         $2

So mad I switched McCaffrey for Fournette at the last minute. Of all the iterations I went through with RB so far it’s looking like I picked the worst  :wall:

- Fournette, Howard, Royce, A Jones, Conner. Had Gurley and McCaffrey the iteration before it, ugh. Got too cute. 

So mad I switched McCaffrey for Fournette at the last minute. Of all the iterations I went through with RB so far it’s looking like I picked the worst  :wall:

- Fournette, Howard, Royce, A Jones, Conner. Had Gurley and McCaffrey the iteration before it, ugh. Got too cute. 
Royce looking like my worst value with Lindsey vulturing.  I am still holding onto hope for David Johnson.

Royce looking like my worst value with Lindsey vulturing.  I am still holding onto hope for David Johnson.
I had actually swapped out McCaffrey for Royce the day before the lock so I could move money elsewhere.  Couldn't find an upgrade that seemed to make sense, so I switched it back.

I had actually swapped out McCaffrey for Royce the day before the lock so I could move money elsewhere.  Couldn't find an upgrade that seemed to make sense, so I switched it back.
I had Gurley and McCaffrey, but cut down to DJ and McCaffrey, just so I could add Royce.  Mistake, but didn't want Gurley's week 12 bye.  Pretty much had McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Conner, and Peyton from the start, and eventually settled on DJ and Royce.

Lol browns D owner and I’m not happy! Because I have the beats D which will easily cap 9 and being a $2 team it just raises the cut line on me. 

Users who are viewing this thread