What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (3 Viewers)

180 and on to week 4. Tannehill earned his roster spot today

survived Fournette being out these last 2 weeks, hopefully he will be back next week

I will not survive this weekend. I am 48.1 points below the cut with only 3 players left to score. 

Blount - one of highest scoring RB this week. D. Lewis is my highest with 5.5. 

Conner: -5.4 right now, but hopefully will Blount outscores Lewis and Conner rocks it. 

Barber - same situation as Conner

Steeler D: -7 

i need at least 60, maybe 70 to survive. 

Why is the cut so low this week?  We're 25-35 points away from what people were predicting?  Usually 10 points is a huge move on Monday night.  Are we looking at something insane tomorrow movement wise?

I like my team. Very well balanced. Although, I'm down to 1 PK.

E ManningQBNYG726.75QB

D CarrQBOAK921.05

C McCaffreyRBCAR2620.40RB

K HuntRBKC2916.40RB

E ElliottRBDAL3515.30

N ChubbRBCLE100.60

J ConnerRBPIT40.00

M WilliamsWRLAC924.10WR

W FullerWRHOU1321.10WR

D FunchessWRCAR1616.70FL

B CooksWRLAR1916.00FL

K ColeWRJAX79.00

C SuttonWRDEN55.70

T EifertTECIN916.40TE

J ReedTEWAS1612.50

R GronkowskiTENE268.80

K FairbairnPKHOU212.40PK

Z GonzalezPKCLE20.00

BrownsDTCLE28.00DT

BengalsDTCIN31.00

Why is the cut so low this week?  We're 25-35 points away from what people were predicting?  Usually 10 points is a huge move on Monday night.  Are we looking at something insane tomorrow movement wise?
Injury’s, last week was a blood bath for highly owned players.... also QB’s not playing for KC fell back to earth this week. 

My 181 prediction was tongue-in-cheek fwiw.

-QG

Were not that many as stupid as me but I look forward to seeing how many Brady owners get punted this week! Rodgers owners should be less so he still put up a useable number this week even with a bad game. 

No other big money players had a horrible week that I own and “knock on wood” with Goodwin back only Z leg is injured at this time. 

Week 5 is my first big hurdle with Byes!

2.95 over the calcomatic cut at his point :scared:

147.8 + (Barber/Conner - 11.80/12.30/15.30) + (Godwin - 11.80/12.30/13.60)

Barber, Conner and Godwin are the 3 most owned players on live entries in the contest.  One small bit of upside my entry is one of only 607 with all 3 of them.

With that 11.80+ bar for them to climb though it will definitely be a big Turk Sweat for me tomorrow :unsure:

-QG

Have a nice 40 pt cushion going into tomorrow with Conner yet to go. Initially thought my RBs were my strong area and they will ultimately be my downfall. Still kicking myself for switching out Gurley and McCaffrey the last day. 

Were not that many as stupid as me but I look forward to seeing how many Brady owners get punted this week! Rodgers owners should be less so he still put up a useable number this week even with a bad game. 

No other big money players had a horrible week that I own and “knock on wood” with Goodwin back only Z leg is injured at this time. 

Week 5 is my first big hurdle with Byes!
Goodwin back but no qb. I have 20 ten point a week guys on my roster. Need some guys who can post 20

I know it's only week 3, but let's have some fun here.  There are currently 11002 teams left, but a very small percentage actually talking in this thread.  For those still alive, let's jinx ourselves and guess our week 3 scores.  For me, I am going with 172.  I think that will be enough to make the cut, but not by much.
Sitting at 166 with Ben, Conner, Barber, Godwin, and PIT D left.  Safely onto week 4, so I only hope for no injuries Monday night.  29 man team and all healthy at this point.  McCaffrey only bye next week.

Barber, Conner and Godwin are the 3 most owned players on live entries in the contest.  One small bit of upside my entry is one of only 607 with all 3 of them.

With that 11.80+ bar for them to climb though it will definitely be a big Turk Sweat for me tomorrow :unsure:

-QG
Pulling for you QG!  

With Henry and Fournette not doing squat, tyreek and gronk disappointing, nobody went off for me this week. 

Currently 16 points below the cut. Conner, Peyton (-5, -7) and godwin (-7/-9), if the line moves much I'm done. Still hopeful as those 3 could produce well above the 37 points I need from the trio to get to the line. But most people have Conner so it's hard to tell right now. I have to pass 1456 people. 

Let's go Godwin!

One more week to get through and then I get Ingram and Edelman back.  Though Week 6 will be my big test with Brees on his bye.  Will need either Trubisky or Darnold to step up which is easier said than done

-QG
At least you are on the right side of the cut line.  Crazy contest.  Last week over 230, this week I'm 14 below the cutline, but I do have Conner, Barber, and AB left -9 and -11, so I basically need two of those guys to put up a combined 45 to even have a chance at it.

Looks like an early exit, but strange things happen.

Is it a disturbing concern when you PK outscores any of your RBs?  NOS PK Lutz = 16.4

A Collins (14.9), R Freeman (12.3), D Henry (5.7)& K Drake (2.0) but I still have J Conner yet to go...

Sitting +30 thanks to Brees & Goedert! 

Well, I do like my teams' consistency.... Week 1 = 172.75;  Week 2 = 176.10;  Week 3 (so far) = 174.6 

That's why the "projected Week 3 Cut line" concerned me... 

With Henry and Fournette not doing squat, tyreek and gronk disappointing, nobody went off for me this week. 

Currently 16 points below the cut. Conner, Peyton (-5, -7) and godwin (-7/-9), if the line moves much I'm done. Still hopeful as those 3 could produce well above the 37 points I need from the trio to get to the line. But most people have Conner so it's hard to tell right now. I have to pass 1456 people. 

Let's go Godwin!
On the plus side, I suspect most are sitting with those guys -10 to -12 range.  You should close down that gap quicker than most.  Only 1401 with Big Ben and 87 with Fitz so the cut will be hampered from big jumps with the QBs being such a small factor.

6 points above the cut with Conner and J. Washington left to go (-12.3).   Tough to advance when you get a QB score of 10 out of your 4 QBs. 

How are you guys doing searches for like roster construction and % owner of players and what not?

Things are grim with all my positional guys getting 11-17 points but no standouts anywhere. Currently looking up at the cut line with Conner/Barber/Godwin all having to cross 13.2.

-QG
Im one of the  607 sitting at 153.45  but with a steeper hill to climb to get a score to count  (13.6)   Sweating it right along with you.  2 high scoring offenses in the game tonight too which is a double edged sword.  

Sitting at 153.45 with Barber (-11.80) and Bucs D (-6) left. I think I'll be fine, but it's gonna be close.  

The cut line is going to be like a snowball tonite.  If the key guys break into the double digits it will pick up steam and only accelerate until they start hitting the 20 point range when it will slow down as those that were in jeopardy start to pull away.

In the same boat as a lot of folks this week. 148.5 with Conner/Barber/Ben to play. 700 above the cut currently. Hoping to make it another 2 weeks to get ingram and edelman back, should hopefully boost me up a bit going forward. Survived the injury plague so far.. Losing Jimmy G doesn't help Goodwin, but maybe it does. Flipped game scripts with alot of playing catchup?  Injuries are one of the most important factors in any format, especially BB, yet totally unpredictable. 

I am 9 pts above the cutoff, with Barber (-13.2) and Godwin (-10).  1565 entries between me and the cutoff.  I have a decent chance to increase my score.  Tonight should be a shootout.

Do we know if a MNF game has moved the cut by more than 9 pts?  Seems like a lot, but Conner, Godwin and Barber are heavily owned. 

So this was the last amount of thought I've ever put into an entry form, and I (**knocks on wood**) may actually have a shot at a deep run this year.

QB - Ryan/Goff/Mahomes/Darnold-- went with three mid-priced options and threw Darnold in for $3 b/c he had the starting job and figured it was a good risk in a bestball format

RB - Barkley/Coleman/Cohen/Hyde/Carson-- I have James Conner everywhere in fantasy but I'm an idiot and didn't put him on my squad here.

WR - Hogan/Cobb/Fuller/Stills/Ridley/Richardson -- No huge names but pretty deep group here.

TE - Brate/Cook/Hooper -- meh

K - Gould/Butker/Lambo

DEF - Pats/Chiefs/Falcons-- lol bad, though my logic was Chiefs have playmakers that can score TDs and Pats played in a #### division, and I figured Atlanta wouldn't immediately lose several guys to season ending injuries, but yeah this doesn't look too good

Entry 112219
212.8 with Brate still to go tonight (#82 overall)

Watch as I get knocked out next week

So this was the last amount of thought I've ever put into an entry form, and I (**knocks on wood**) may actually have a shot at a deep run this year.

QB - Ryan/Goff/Mahomes/Darnold-- went with three mid-priced options and threw Darnold in for $3 b/c he had the starting job and figured it was a good risk in a bestball format

RB - Barkley/Coleman/Cohen/Hyde/Carson-- I have James Conner everywhere in fantasy but I'm an idiot and didn't put him on my squad here.

WR - Hogan/Cobb/Fuller/Stills/Ridley/Richardson -- No huge names but pretty deep group here.

TE - Brate/Cook/Hooper -- meh

K - Gould/Butker/Lambo

DEF - Pats/Chiefs/Falcons-- lol bad, though my logic was Chiefs have playmakers that can score TDs and Pats played in a #### division, and I figured Atlanta wouldn't immediately lose several guys to season ending injuries, but yeah this doesn't look too good

Entry 112219
212.8 with Brate still to go tonight (#82 overall)

Watch as I get knocked out next week
I’ll be honest, glancing at your receivers I never would have guessed you would be consistently putting up 200 (Fuller and Stills have been money tho). But def some  underachievers there so only up from here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 9 pts above the cutoff, with Barber (-13.2) and Godwin (-10).  1565 entries between me and the cutoff.  I have a decent chance to increase my score.  Tonight should be a shootout.

Do we know if a MNF game has moved the cut by more than 9 pts?  Seems like a lot, but Conner, Godwin and Barber are heavily owned. 
I recall a 15+ pt move in years past.  

BroadwayG said:
Things are grim with all my positional guys getting 11-17 points but no standouts anywhere. Currently looking up at the cut line with Conner/Barber/Godwin all having to cross 13.2.
I think if you make it so will I 

so I'll be cheering for you!

P Barber RB TB 4866

J Conner RB PIT 4801

C Godwin WR TB 1757

B Roethlisberger QB PIT 1398

J Smith-Schuster WR PIT 1386

A Brown WR PIT 909

Steelers DT PIT 841

J Washington WR PIT 791

J Winston QB TB 508

C Boswell PK PIT 496

O Howard TE TB 422

J James TE PIT 406

Buccaneers DT TB 377

V McDonald TE PIT 303

M Evans WR TB 214

C Brate TE TB 154

L Bell RB PIT 143

C Catanzaro PK TB 127

D Jackson WR TB 103

R Fitzpatrick QB TB 87

J Samuels RB PIT 68

A Humphries WR TB 36

-QG

Average entry has about 1.78 players going tonight.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread