What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

So I just got my sub, through rotopass like I have in recent years. I figured for sure the contest would be well on it's way by now and I would jam on that this morning. A bit disappointing considering I wouldn't bother with the whole rotopass if it wasn't for this contest.

So I just got my sub, through rotopass like I have in recent years. I figured for sure the contest would be well on it's way by now and I would jam on that this morning. A bit disappointing considering I wouldn't bother with the whole rotopass if it wasn't for this contest.
Maybe they are making the contest even better this year. More $1 players so there are different lineup combinations and more sleepers? I know it seems like every year I wish I had a few $1 players that aren't listed.

After a 10 year hiatus from FF, I finally decided to get back in this year.  I just got a little too addicted, played in too many leagues, and ended up rooting for and against players at the same time.  Remember when Brian Westbrook took a knee at the 1-yard line?  I lost my marbles and vowed never to play again.  Well, it's good to be back, and even better that this contest is still going strong.  I certainly won't make the same mistake I did in 2008, when I loaded up on studs and got ousted quite quickly.  My clairvoyant dog will help me pick the right combo of kickers and defenses to make it to week 14.

I'm seeing tons of value that I like this year.  Obviously I'll change it 7,000 times before the contest locks but it feels like it'll be pretty easy to land on a roster I'm happy with this year, which hasn't always been the case.  

I gave myself 3 minutes to create my first lineup which will definitely change.  But here's what I came up with:

QB - Jared Goff - 11
QB - Derek Carr - 9
RB - Ezekiel Elliott - 35
RB - Leonard Fournette - 29
RB - Derrick Henry - 21
RB - Marshawn Lynch - 15
WR - Michael Crabtree - 19
WR - Devin Funchess - 16
WR - Corey Davis - 15
WR - Randall Cobb - 14
WR - Nelson Agholor - 13
WR - Jordy Nelson - 13
TE - Jordan Reed - 16
TE - Austin Hooper - 8
PK - Mason Crosby - 4
PK - Harrison Butker - 4
TD - Oakland Raiders - 2
TD - Miami Dolphins - 2
TD - Indianapolis Colts - 2
TD - Cleveland Browns - 2

After an hour of going through all the choices, I have only chosen 1 kicker thus far.  This is gonna take days, and I am perfectly fine with that.

First one done.

Agree that there seem to be a lot more players I like at lower $.  Expect to find more as injiry artitrage opportunities surface.

1st pass rooster has 25.  And too many with the same bye week.

-QG

A few facts about last year's top 25 finishers:

- Only 2 of the teams took 4 QB's.  All the other teams took 2 or 3.

- Three teams took 4 RB's; 3 teams took 9 RB's.  The average was 6 RB's.

- The low for WR's was 5 (4 teams) and the high was 11 (1 team).  The average was 7.4 WR's.

- One team chose only Zach Ertz for TE.  All the rest chose 2, 3, or 4 TE's.

- Only 1 team chose 4 DEF's.  All the rest chose 2 or 3 DEF's.

- So much for the 20 kicker strategy.  Every top 25 finisher from last year chose either 2 or 3 kickers.

- Four teams chose only 18 or 19 rosters spots, and only 3 teams maxxxed out at 30.  The average was 23.5 roster spots.

Through my first couple dozen efforts I'm finding more high dollar players on my roster than years past.

On about version #12 now....of course it will change daily if not hourly, but so far:

24 total

QB - $25

RB - $79

WR - $76 

TE - $51 

K - $11

DEF - $6

A few facts about last year's top 25 finishers:

- Only 2 of the teams took 4 QB's.  All the other teams took 2 or 3.

- Three teams took 4 RB's; 3 teams took 9 RB's.  The average was 6 RB's.

- The low for WR's was 5 (4 teams) and the high was 11 (1 team).  The average was 7.4 WR's.

- One team chose only Zach Ertz for TE.  All the rest chose 2, 3, or 4 TE's.

- Only 1 team chose 4 DEF's.  All the rest chose 2 or 3 DEF's.

- So much for the 20 kicker strategy.  Every top 25 finisher from last year chose either 2 or 3 kickers.

- Four teams chose only 18 or 19 rosters spots, and only 3 teams maxxxed out at 30.  The average was 23.5 roster spots.
Great, now I'm curious what was spent at each position.  Math please?  kidding.

T Austin DAL - 4

Sorry if this is honda, but is this WR Tavon Austin listed as a RB?
Google says Dallas views him as a RB. 

Morans.

edited to add the vbd app has him as a WR...perhaps this should be updated to say RB since google and the contest consider him a RB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread