What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (4 Viewers)

I guess I'm in a heap of trouble because everyone posting about their RBs woes this week has my group trumped.  I'm actually pretty pumped about 9.7 from Freeman.

Birdie048 said:
Well, for all those (myself included) who have R Freeman....High Ankle Sprain - "could miss time" was reported....  

Typically High Ankle Sprain can be 3-4 weeks or so, but they have 10 days to determine his status (KC next). 

With Tenn, Dallas, LAC & ATL on bye next week, there could be some issues with injuries crippling teams! 

I should be OK at RB as I have 3 out next week (1QB, 1 WR, 1 TE).

Good luck to those in need! 
:( not good news before Zeke's bye

-QG

It's strange, the total reduction is 1000 teams, and yet it feels "tighter" than the previous 2-3 weeks...

Is it the Bye week issues or that the "remaining more competitive" teams give that impression?  

Week 6 trim to 5,000 teams
Week 7 trim to 4,000 teams
Week 8 trim to 3,100 teams
Week 9 trim to 2,300 teams
Week 10 trim to 1,600 teams
Week 11 trim to 1,000 teams
Week 12 trim to 500 teams
Week 13 trim to 250 teams

It's strange, the total reduction is 1000 teams, and yet it feels "tighter" than the previous 2-3 weeks...

Is it the Bye week issues or that the "remaining more competitive" teams give that impression?  

Week 6 trim to 5,000 teams
Week 7 trim to 4,000 teams
Week 8 trim to 3,100 teams
Week 9 trim to 2,300 teams
Week 10 trim to 1,600 teams
Week 11 trim to 1,000 teams
Week 12 trim to 500 teams
Week 13 trim to 250 teams
It may "only" be 1000 teams, but that's 20% of the teams that are still standing.  That's a higher percentage than anything before last week, plus we've had another week to add to the list of injuries (in addition to the byes).  Just wait--from here on, each week even a higher percentage gets cut until we get to weeks 12 & 13 when it's "only" 500 and 250 teams getting cut. As the injuries mount, this is when it REALLY gets tough for 18 man rosters--teams who planned to survive with only one or two extra guys at a position get an injury or two and now are looking at zeroes.

Kind of surprised to see 295 have Lamar Jackson and only 67 have Jackson and Flacco. Would have thought almost every Jackson owner would take Flacco at least to start the year.

Stupid thing saved in the quote above from a response I never sent and I can't delete it on my phone, so just ignore it.

I feel like my bacon had randomly been saved just in time by various RB changes every week.

My RBs: Gordon, Fournette, Freeman, Conner, Chubb.

This Hyde trade happened at just the exact right time for me.  Hopefully I have a better chance to last until Fournette returns now. With Conner maybe having Bell back and Freeman not being very good and spraining his ankle yesterday, the timing could not have been better.

I wonder how many alive even have Chubb?

699 Hyde owners with an unexpected "bye".

374 of them also have Conner

75 have Hyde & Lynch

40 have all three

Marshawn going down pretty much sealed my fate. I put all my bye's in one basket and that basket is rotting from the bottom up. It's been a nice rookie run but I don't think my WR core can keep me in this.  :kicksrock:

:bs:

Melvin Gordon out, and also Gronk, huge!
569 Gordon owners

282 also have Conner

42 have Gordon & Lynch

721 have Gronk

453 Gordon/Conner combos

75 Gordon/Gronk combos

76 Gronk/Lynch combos

36 Gordon/Gronk/Conner

17 have Gronk backed up by Jimmy Graham..including this guy who also has Gordon and Conner among his 4 rbs and Ju-ju and Hilton among his wrs

But, the hard-luck trophy may go to This Team with Fournette, Gordon, Hyde, Conner & Gronk

Last edited by a moderator:
48 of the 569 Gordon owners backed him up with Ekeler, the 521 who didn't are gonna be sweating the next 2 weeks

2 Gordon/Bell owners = $67

51 Gordon/Fournette owners = $59

11 Gordon/Cook owners = $57

7 Gordon/Ajayi owners = $50

1 Bell/Brown/Gordon/Rodgers/Gronk = $157

Chubb just in time to save me from a zero with Gordon out now.  That's rough for everyone who still has him, he's been super reliable points this year so far.

48 of the 569 Gordon owners backed him up with Ekeler, the 521 who didn't are gonna be sweating the next 2 weeks

2 Gordon/Bell owners = $67

51 Gordon/Fournette owners = $59

11 Gordon/Cook owners = $57

7 Gordon/Ajayi owners = $50

1 Bell/Brown/Gordon/Rodgers/Gronk = $157
This guy probably scored 213 points last week and probably though he was pretty solid at RB when the season started, but Fournette, Gordon, Hyde, Conner and Carson will give him two zeroes at RB this week.And, oh, yeah, just for good measure, he has Gronk and Jesse James, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like with Gordon and Fournette, that if I can somehow survive the next 3 weeks I'll be in great shape... The thing is the next 3 weeks will be pretty hairy. This will I'm down to just Chubb and Freeman. Next week I'll get back Conner but everyone has him. Gordon probably back the week after and Fournette probably back the week after that. This Gordon injury just made my survival much more difficult.

This guy probably scored 213 points last week and probably though he was pretty solid at RB when the season started, but Fournette, Gordon, Hyde, Conner and Carson will give him two zeroes at RB this week.And, oh, yeah, just for good measure, he has Gronk and Jesse James, too.
He got 28 points from the DEN D, so he has a shot

I already had Royce Freeman (9.70) and David Johnson (8.50) stink it up on Thursday.  Gordon sitting out couldn’t have come at a worse time with Conner out.   I need big weeks from cheap WRs or I’m toast.

Unless P Barber...  yeah, toast.

I already had Royce Freeman (9.70) and David Johnson (8.50) stink it up on Thursday.  Gordon sitting out couldn’t have come at a worse time with Conner out.   I need big weeks from cheap WRs or I’m toast.

I also have Royce and DJ, who combined for 18.2.  Hoping at least one of those turns into a flex score with McCaffrey and Barber as my only other RB's not on a bye (Conner & Jones).

What's your team number?

Fournette has already been ruled out for week 8.  He started as the 6th most common RB (2599), but after these next 3 weeks, he will enter week 10 likely under 200, and probably closer to 150.

Fournette has already been ruled out for week 8.  He started as the 6th most common RB (2599), but after these next 3 weeks, he will enter week 10 likely under 200, and probably closer to 150.
Right, if you survive with him then you've got an advantage at the end. The trick is surviving.

Early game inactives...

QB - Allen

RB - Fournette, Cook, Hyde, Riddick, Sproles

WR - Enunwa, Parker, Grant

TE - Gronkowski, Doyle, Hollister, Griffin

Looks like I will be using Ten RB D Henry (13.5) for the 1st time! 

That leaves my only dead money $2 for ex-Clev PK Z Gonzo! 

After the early games sitting at 144.6.

I have Dalton, Zeke, John Brown, Gallup, Goodwin, Butker and Cincy Defense to go and a fairly low flex bar and low RB/WR bars to cross.

-QG

After the early games sitting at 144.6.

I have Dalton, Zeke, John Brown, Gallup, Goodwin, Butker and Cincy Defense to go and a fairly low flex bar and low RB/WR bars to cross.

-QG
I’m not quite in that good shape, but I feel better than I did before the day started.  130 (45 points over the line) after the 1pm games with John Brown/John Ross -4.1, Kelce -3 and Butker -1.

Users who are viewing this thread