What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

I think Gurley and Burton might have advanced me to week 8 and I'll have a full slate of players. I didn't think there was any way I was going to survive such a brutal bye week. 

+33 as of now. 

Can we get some Goodwin catchup points, please? Thanks in advance. 

John Brown touchdown in the final minute. No sooner do I tell my wife "I feel terrible rooting for the Ravens but I really needed those points. Maybe the Saints can still pull it out" than Tucker misses the first extra point of his career, so they still lose. Life is good.

I don't think I have ever survived with 2 RBs under 5 points.  Thank you seniors Burton, Goedert, Thomas, and WAS.

I take all that back - no jinxes or 40 point swings from here to tomorrow night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love my TEs, as Burton, Njoku, and OJ come thru for me again. Amendola and Gallup decide to show up this week. Winston gives me enough at QB, but still have both Ryan and Mahomes to improve. I doubt Ross or Rosas will change anything. Where you at McCaffrey/Elliott? 

174.8 + (Dalton - 27.2) + (Ross - 10.90) + (Butker - 11.20) + (Bengals -12.00)

On to Week 8 :) Good luck to those sweating The Turk!

-QG

When you have David Johnson, Zeke and McCaffrey at RB, you don't expect a TOTAL of 19.5 points there. J. Brown and Gallup have kept me alive.  Currently at 138.2 with Dalton (-22.5), Cincy D (-12) and Ross, Kelce & Hooper (all -5.7 and -7.5).   :scared:

First week I’ve even been close to the cutline. Ugh. It’s not looking good for me. Currently .4 below with Mahomes whom I’m hoping can overcome Bortles miserable output. 

Oh.. I forgot I also have Hill to overcome A.Miller’s 5.5 points. Looking a bit better. 

173.9 with Eli (-27.2) and Ross (-10.9) left.  Finally got to use Gallup, so only dead money left is Eli ($7) and Clay ($8).  Overall, a fairly healthy 29-man roster, but I did lose Ginn to IR last week (at least I got to use him once).  Waiting to see how bad Freeman's ankle is, and also Barber's.  As one of my 5 TE's, I got to use Griffin once, but he missed this week with an "illness" (hoping it's just the flu, and not an actual injury).  Also waiting to see if my third kicker, Sturgis, will be on the field after the Chargers bye in week 8.

i know we hv a lot of big names to play these last 2 games snf/mnf but the cutoff sitting 116 ish just blows my mind

our only active rbs this week were lamar miller and peyton freakin barber thank goodness the TEs came thru BIG!  thank you ertz & burton! and smokey brown :)

So far the MVP for my team is Emmanuel Sanders making the roster every week. LVPs are Flacco, Clay, and Carlson never making the lineup. No way my team is good enough to win anything, but keeps limping along 10 above the cut. Currently done at 165, looks like it could be enough.

Sweating the turk this week...

Sitting at 132 with dalton (-21.1), Ridley/Ross (-9.5/-10), and Rosas (-8).

:scared:

Entry 100226 Rank: 3514 (Score: 136.65) Halftime of sunday night game, need this game over soon 

Cutoff Rank: 4000 (Score: 127.1)

Barkley , Hooper -4.40 and 5.2

Manning - 7.75

Need some help but should be ok

Depends on the scores & fantasy values, but seeing a 5-9 pt climb is not out of the question.

I think I am safe... 153+ with Matt Ice (22.9), Julio (7.4), & Hooper (16.3) to go.

I am in that strange situation where I want Matt Ryan to do well, but no so well that I lose my head 2 head match up in my league (I have. A 30 pt lead with OBJ and Hooper & he has Ryan &Sterling)

I am the only team left with QB Eli Manning, RB Aaron Jones, WR John Ross, TE Charles Clay, and K Caleb Sturgis.  Then again, I was the only team with these players from the start.  Just thought I would list some of my useless scrubs.

I’m in the clubhouse with 174.85, sipping on a Sapphire and tonic, and waiting for next week, where my only major loss will be Melvin Gordon.  Also Mariota, Taywan,  T Williams (suspended anyway), Jarwin, and the Titans D.

Some bigger names will be missing with the Chargers and Falcons off, but I don’t have players from either team.

Well I won't be sweating the Turk.  Might be my earliest exit ever.  

Seems like I'm the only one who go eliminated this week.  

Note to self for next year...rooster gurley regardless of price.

Fun while it lasted. 

Crappy scoring from my cheap QBs (Keenum, Dalton, Carr), neither of which put up enough points. I have 2 kickers, 1 on bye, for 1 point. Same with my ? 1 on bye, other got me 4 points. Gurley, Hill and Kelce somehow not enough this week. 

Have fun, folks!

Entry 100226 Rank: 3514 (Score: 136.65) Halftime of sunday night game, need this game over soon 

Cutoff Rank: 4000 (Score: 127.1)

Barkley , Hooper -4.40 and 5.2

Manning - 7.75

Need some help but should be ok
1.7 above after sunday night, I need some help but feel comfortable

Went up 7.85 in the 2nd half

Cut line at 134.95 going into the Monday night game.  Active players remaining are:

QB - Eli (661), Ryan (531)

RB - Barkley (850), Coleman (123), Gallman (79), Smith (5)

WR - Shepard (246), Ridley (237), Sanu (183), Jones (171), Beckham (163)

TE - Hooper (709), Engram (88)

K - Rosas (430)

D - ATL (382), NYG (84)

Seeing how common Barkley is, and how low the other common RB's scored, I think the cut will go up a decent amount.  Hooper will also raise the cut with a good game.

Updated (Ownership percentages are from start of the contest.)

Moving on another week and another bye-week gotten through.  Zeke apparently took his bye a week early.

QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/6 - $15  7.60%  (used 0)

QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/8 - $13  19.10%  #16 Owned (used 3)

QB - Andy Dalton - CIN/9 - $6  19.60%  #15 Owned (used 4)

Another decent week out of this position.

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $35  7.89% (used 6)  - perhaps the Zeke-owner herd is culled a bit this week.

RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26  28.40%  #6 Owned (used 5)

RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16  35.08%  #5 Owned (used 3)

RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8  41.12%   #1 Owned (used 1 he's alive!!!!)

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $4  35.84%  #4 Owned (used 3 - I think he'll still have value even after Bell comes back)

RB - John Kelly - LAR/12 - $3  3.76% (used 0 - hasn't dressed yet)

RB - Jeremy Hill - NE/11 - $3  8.72% (used 0 - he's out for the year)

Got through Conner's bye.  Not a good week for this group as McCaffrey's 11 was the top mark.

WR - Marvin Jones - DET/6 - $20  5.03% (used 2)

WR - Marquise Goodwin - SF/11 - $13  36.70%  #2 Owned (used 1)

WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8 - $6  15.09%  #31 Owned (used 1)  Welcome to the scoresheet Michael Gallup! :excited:

WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6  13.86%  #35 Owned (used 5)

WR - John Brown - BAL/10 - $6  21.05%  #13 Owned (used 6)  - I think John Brown is easily my best pick in this contest.

WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/9 - $5  7.48% (used 3)

WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5  24.43%  #11 Owned (used 1)

WR - Chad Williams - ARI/9 - $3  0.67% (used 0)

WR - Phillip Dorsett - NE/11 - $2  12.26%  #45 Owned (used 2)

John Brown was great.  Gallup was good.  Godwin was okay and counted.  The rest were pretty weak.

TE - Trey Burton - CHI/5 - $14  25.58%  #10 Owned (4 used)

TE - David Njoku - CLE/11 - $12  20.08%  #14 Owned (3 used)

TE - Ricky Seals-Jones - ARI/9 - $7  10.52%  #60 Owned (2 used)

TE - Nick Vannett - SEA/7 - $3  3.06% (1 used)

Burton finally with a true monster week.  Njoku putting up numbers too.  Good stuff.

PK - Harrison Butker - KC/12 - $4  16.93%  #23 Owned  (used 2)

PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/9 - $3  13.67%  #37 Owned (used 1.5)

PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2  18.33%  #18 Owned (used 3.5)

Fairbairn with a decent week.  And again the diversification strategy works.

TD - Jets - Jets/11 - $3  2.97% (used 2)

TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  7.77% (used 2)

TD - Oakland Raiders - OAK/7 - $2  7.11% (used 1)

TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2  22.17%  #12 Owned (used 2)

And yet again exactly 1 of my 4 defenses goes off for some points - this time the Browns put up 12.  The Raiders were on by, the Bengals somehow got 4 in an awful performance and the Jets got just 1.  The defenses have taken turns every single week so apparently next week is the Raiders' turn.

26 of 30 used now.  Only Stafford (oddly enough) and Chad Williams (if he ever catches his targets) seem to have a shot to add to the total.  Hill is on IR and John Kelly is permanently inactive - maybe if the Rams rest everyone in week 16 he'll finally get a chance.  May my team be alive then to find out!

-QG

Currently four above the cut line with Barkley -3 and all of Hooper, definitely sweating it but I think I will be safe. It's becoming clear to me that my team can't survive the Chiefs bye so it's just a matter of time for me. 

Saint said:
Sweating the turk this week...

Sitting at 132 with dalton (-21.1), Ridley/Ross (-9.5/-10), and Rosas (-8).

:scared:
I do fear the turk.  2.95 below the cut.   Need a lot of field goals or Ridley magic

I'm out. Good Luck guys.  4,923rd place - not even near the cut line.

Spent too much at TE (Gronk/Kelce)

WR's didn't produce this week.  (T. Smith, Docston, Goodwin, Cole) all counted for me combined for 25 points)  Corey Davis, Dorsett, Lockett, Ross, Richardson were my other WR's)

Rodgers was on bye and Dalton didn't produce with a nice matchup, and didn't get junk time.

RB's were McCaffrey (11) and R. Freeman (9.70) - Clement, Barber, J. Williams, and Conner out.

QuizGuy66 said:
The Turk has been referred to regarding this contest for many many many years. 

More specifically it is the person of @Doug Drinen.

A little respect for the traditions of the contest please.

-QG
Been here from the start.  No idea what you are talking about.  Who is Doug Drinen?

Been here from the start.  No idea what you are talking about.  Who is Doug Drinen?
Seriously? Drinen is the FBG Staffer who runs the contest (or least ran it in the early years).  He was an active participant in the equivalent of this thread for years, providing stats and analysis of teams before the others created real-time tracking sites. Because he was in charge of the cuts, he became The Turk.

Users who are viewing this thread