What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (5 Viewers)

So, what early game is most important for you?  For me, it's JAX vs IND.  I only have Lambo and Cole in the game, but with Fairbairn on his bye and Sturgis waived, I will be taking whatever Lambo scores.  Also, I really need a quality game from Cole.  My cheap WR's have been trash the last few weeks and could really use a shot in the arm.

Dalton will be big for me too as I have Rivers on bye and Stafford facing the Bears.  Hoping Ross might do something today as well.

-QG

after 1pm: 150.9 + (Rivers - 24.60) + (Zeke - 9.30/10.00/13.80) + (Gallup/Goodwin - 9.30/10.00/11.90/17.30) + (Vannett - 9.30/10.00/12.60) + (Raiders - 6.0)

Hoping my later guys can get me some points and sock this away.

-QG

Looking pretty good QG.  Like you said, some extra love would help so you don't have to sweat so much. Pulling for ya.

See you next week. ?‍♂️

174.6 with Gurley and Goedert 100% counting still. With Gronk out and Brady stinking it up I may be the last Brady/Gronk stack left after this week.

I really don’t understand how I keep making the cut. My team is awful. And yet I continue to survive. So many poor choices. But I will say Fournette came back at the right time, sheesh!

:scared:   

not a good set of 4pm games for me :(

150.9 + (Zeke - 9.30/10.00/13.80) + (Gallup/Goodwin - 9.30/10.00/11.90)

Cut line right at 150.3 :(

-QG

235.2 going into the Sunday night game (Gallup & Goedert left)

Smiling for one reason only - shows my team they can win it all come come weeks 14 - 16

178.95 (Dallas Goedert -10) vs 150.25 after the daytime games.  Feeling pretty good that 900 people won’t be jumping me, so let’s move on to the rarefied air of week 11.  My WRs will be the death of me yet, as I counted 4.20 from Jarvis Landry today.

Sitting 17 above the current cut.  No players left.  Hoping for low scoring boring games tonight and Monday night.  Currently biting nails.

179.7 ... feeling pretty good to make it to week #11 and beat my personal best performance of week #10 in this contest. I still have Agholor and goodwin (-10, -17.3), Goedert (-10,-12.6) and Dallas D (-12) left in play.

193.35 with a couple guys who could bump it up some (Breida, Goodwin, Gallup, Gould).  

My WR corps is so thin these days I’m really anxious for a Brandon Marshall signing in New Orleans

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pretty happy at around 4PM sitting at 150.3.  Now its 830PM and I'm still sitting at 150.3 :(    Cutline currently 150.3 as well :(  

I still have these players: E. Elliott, C. Clement, M. Gallup, M. Goodwin, and D. Goedert and the two flex spots are currently at 9.3 and 10 - I don't like my chances advance this week :(  

somehow I am still .05 above the cutline at this point.

Zeke is at 8.10

Gallup is at 5.40

They would start counting at 9.30 and 10.00

Here's hoping Zeke grinds up some yards and TDs in the 2nd half!

-QG

The line has barely moved with tonights snooze fest. Tomorrow nights Debbie Downer shouldn't move it much either. Feeling better about 163.5 

Ownership for players in towmorrow night's game (based it on depth charts from team websites):

M Goodwin WR SF 956

M Breida RB SF 831

S Barkley RB Giants 319

E Manning QB Giants 287

G Kittle TE SF 233

R Gould PK SF 227

A Rosas PK Giants 184

S Shepard WR Giants 109

O Beckham Jr WR Giants 59

E Engram TE Giants 39

W Gallman RB Giants 38

K Juszczyk RB SF 32

49ers DT SF 30

T Taylor WR SF 28

D Pettis WR SF 27

Giants DT Giants 25

P Garcon WR SF 17

G Celek TE SF 10

C Coleman WR Giants 4

Works out to about 1.5 players per team.  Breida and Goodwin are the two main guys that would move the line if they do something.  Barkley, Kittle, Eli, and the two kickers may matter as well.

-QG

So week 11 only 62.5% advance.  Week 11 byes:  Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, New England, Jets, San Francisco

Then it's 50% in both weeks 12 and 13 - will be truly wild with the Rams and Chiefs off.

My week 11 team:

QB - Stafford, Rivers, Dalton

RB-Zeke, McCaffrey, Conner, Barber, possibly Freeman.  (Perma-inactive John Kelly and IR'd Jeremy Hill  round out my team)

WR-Godwin, Ross, Westbrook, Marvin Jones, Gallup, John Brown, possibly Chad Williams if he's done being injured (Dorsett and Goodwin on bye)

TE-Burton, Seals-Jones, Vannett (Njoku is on bye)

PK-Butker, Lambo, Fairbairn

Def-Bengals, Raiders (Jets and Browns are on bye)

So assuming the injured guys stay injured I'll roll with 21.

Week 12 is shaping up good for me as only Butker and perma-inactive John Kelly won't be available for me.

-QG

Entry 100226 Rank: 1406 (Score: 160.7)

Cutoff Rank: 1600 (Score: 154.7)

Manning -0

Barkley and Goodwin chasing 3 and 7.1

Not sure how I made it this far, My QBs are bad, but ive only got 2 byes left week 11 and zero week 12

It was a fun year, but I’m done for.  I got a big game from CMC, but otherwise my top scorers were Mahomes and Fitzgerald, with no one else above 10 points.  That won’t cut it this week. 

Good luck to all that remain! 

So week 11 only 62.5% advance.  Week 11 byes:  Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, New England, Jets, San Francisco

Then it's 50% in both weeks 12 and 13 - will be truly wild with the Rams and Chiefs off.
My week 11 roster:

QB - Ben (7), Rivers (3), Eli (0) - Eli's best chance to lose the "dead money" tag vs TB, no way he bumps Ben this week

RB - CMC (7), Conner (7), DJ (6), Aaron Jones (4), Royce (2), Barber (2) - Goodwin can bump Conner out of the Flex 2 spot this week

WR - Lockett (8), Godwin (7), John Brown (6), Goodwin (2 - bye), Cole (2), Gallup (2), Ginn (1 - IR), Ross (1), Taywan Taylor (1) - Goodwin can bump Godwin this week

TE - Burton (5), Cook (4), Goedert (2), Griffin (1), Clay (0 - bye) - Clay promised he would be active for week 12

K - Fairbairn (6.5), Lambo (3), Sturgis (.5 - cut) - guess I will be rolling with just 2 kickers

D - CHI (4), PIT (3), CLE (3 - bye) - pretty even mix

Cutting down to 1000.  Gonna be brutal.  Happy with QB's and RB's.  WR's held together by 3 guys and duct tape.  TE's need flex scores.  Kickers kick, and D's D.  I steered clear of any week 12 byes, so it would be a shame to go out in week 11.

Cut line is at 154.70 going into the Monday night game...

QB - Eli (287) - he won't be moving the line unless he scores a bazillion

RB - Breida (835), Saquon (319), Gallman (38), Juszczyk (32) - Saquon's a mover, Breida's a wildcard

WR - Goodwin (958), Shepard (109), OBJ (59), Taylor (28), Pettis (27) - too rare except Goodwin

TE - Kittle (233), Engram (39), Celek (10) - Kittle could be the biggest line mover with a good game

K - Gould (228), Rosas (184) - may move the line a point or two

D - SF (30), NYG (25) - too rare to move the line

My guess - line moves less than 6, under 160

210 with Goodwin still having a chance to add to the total. Back in Week 1, I thought having Tannehill, Stills & Goodwin (my two most expensive WRs) on bye for Week 11 would be risky, but since I've only had 4 usable scores combined out of all three in 10 weeks, it turns out that my most important bye next week is the Cleveland D. 

210 with Goodwin still having a chance to add to the total. Back in Week 1, I thought having Tannehill, Stills & Goodwin (my two most expensive WRs) on bye for Week 11 would be risky, but since I've only had 4 usable scores combined out of all three in 10 weeks, it turns out that my most important bye next week is the Cleveland D. 
I still think Goodwin is your most important bye for week 11.  Your WR's look like mine, and with that corps, you need all the dart throws you can get.  Also, I think week 11 vs NYG is where TB gets off your "dead money" list.  Good luck

This was my biggest worry with byes. I feel pretty good about a team of a fully healthy and productive CMC/Cook/Barkley/Conner going into these last few weeks before the final cut off to give me a fighting chance. 

Cutting down to 1000.  Gonna be brutal.  Happy with QB's and RB's.  WR's held together by 3 guys and duct tape.  TE's need flex scores.  Kickers kick, and D's D.  I steered clear of any week 12 byes, so it would be a shame to go out in week 11.
A TRUER STATEMENT HAS NOT BEEN MADE! 

Cut down to 1000.....  any "stud" who does not perform well could eliminate a whole "ownership group"...  The Week 11 Byes (Buff, Mia, NEP, NYJ, Clev, SF) have a few key players (Brady, Gronk, Clev Def), but Week 12 will really hit hard with KC & LAR on bye!  

Users who are viewing this thread