What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (3 Viewers)

With 2 games to play, I'm at 171.75 (14.8 above the cut)

Rivers-43.95  lol

Conner-10.5

Goedert-2.4

Hopkins-0

I *think* I'm OK, but still nervous...

I'm currently 269th with 154.25 and this left:

Ben R -43.95

Conner -4.8

J. Washington -10.7

J. Reed -5.3

D. Hopkins -23.6

Skins D -12

Given my low RB2 score, a big game from Conner will help me more than most. And a decent game from Reed would be big for me too. Going to come down to those 2 alone. Honestly didn't think I'd be near the Turk at all this week missing Gordon and Fournette.

I'm in trouble.  I'm 5 below the cutline right now but Conner is scoring for me so that's good.  I do have some guys on Monday night D. Goedart and J. Reed (-2.4, -12.6).   I also have C. Clement (-12.6) but I don't expect him to score enough to help me.

I'm at 197.25 with some unlikely heroes.

Top Scorers

D Carr 33.05

C McCaffrey 26.60

J Cook 26.50

K Fairbairn 23.60

C Godwin 21.10

Have Conner playing

I'm back below the cutline

My season will likely hang on the performance of Jordan Reed tomorrow. I guess that's better than I expected this week, but still a precarious position.

ETA: .9 points below the cut after Sunday games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing 125 owners left with Goedert, and no one else with ownership above 42-45 (Ertz/Reed).  Interesting that it's all TEs.

Am I missing anyone?

Seems like if that's the case the line won't likely move much tomorrow.

Entry 100226 Rank: 186 (Score: 179.15)

Cutoff Rank: 250 (Score: 171.25) 

Well  another monday night sweating the Turk, This is farther than ever so alls good

Have Hopkins -23.6 not a chance to move there

Redskins -5  could 7 times they have scored 6 or more and even 1 point might help

My ghost entry quit showing up for work after I was knocked out in week 11.  👱‍♀️
I feel your misery!  

Knocked out by 0.5 pts in Week 11 due to the Monster MNF KC-LAR game.....  

I just like to monitor how I would have fared if "still alive".....  and I would be gone this week anyway...  (14 below with Goedert -4.8) so it matters not.

I feel your misery!  

Knocked out by 0.5 pts in Week 11 due to the Monster MNF KC-LAR game.....  

I just like to monitor how I would have fared if "still alive".....  and I would be gone this week anyway...  (14 below with Goedert -4.8) so it matters not.
How do people monitor their "ghost entries"? I don't see any way to see on the FBG or Calcomatic site, but maybe I'm missing something somewhere.   Is it scoring by hand? 

From week 14 through week 16, the top 250 teams will score points each week. The winner will be the team that accumulates the most total points in these 3 weeks. All 250 teams that advance to the final will have their scores reset so only the results from weeks 14 through 16 will count.
Gonna be fun.

How do people monitor their "ghost entries"? I don't see any way to see on the FBG or Calcomatic site, but maybe I'm missing something somewhere.   Is it scoring by hand? 
If you follow the "See your team" link on the Inseason weekly page and then click on the link to your team, it shows your player scores even after you're eliminated. It doesn't total them, so you'll need to figure out which players would have counted and add their scores, but you don't have to search boxscores and do the math to calculate what each player scored.

Footballguys Prizes (all participants):

The $35,000 will be paid out as follows:

1st Place: $20,000 + lifetime All Pro subscription to Footballguys.com + 2019 FPC entry
2nd Place: $4,000 + FPC 3-Pack + 3-year Season Long Pro subscription to Footballguys.com
3rd Place: $2,000 + FPC 3-Pack + 3-year Season Long Pro subscription to Footballguys.com
4th Place: $1,500 + FPC Entry + 3-year Season Long Pro subscription to Footballguys.com
5th Place: $1,000 + FPC Entry + 2019 Season Long Pro subscription to Footballguys.com
6th place: $500 + 2019 Season Long Pro subscription to Footballguys.com
7th place: $300 + 2019 Season Long Pro subscription to Footballguys.com
8th place: $200 + 2019 Season Long Pro subscription to Footballguys.com
9th place: $125 + 2019 Season Long Pro subscription to Footballguys.com
10th place: $75 + 2019 Season Long Pro subscription to Footballguys.com
11th - 15th place: $50 (sent via PayPal)
16th - 30th place: $40 (sent via PayPal) or 2019 Season Long Pro subscription
31st - 150th place: $25 (sent via PayPal) or 2019 Season Long Pro subscription

Note: Staff entries will be highlighted in red and tracked through the contest, but are not eligible to win any prizes. Staff entries will not count toward the weekly cutoffs.

I'm in trouble.  I'm 5 below the cutline right now but Conner is scoring for me so that's good.  I do have some guys on Monday night D. Goedart and J. Reed (-2.4, -12.6).   I also have C. Clement (-12.6) but I don't expect him to score enough to help me.
Currently ranked 310 and about 5.5 points below the cutline.  I'm sure everyone can play this game, but T. Taylor, M. Gallup, and C. Clay all counting for me at this point in the contest.  What do all these players have in common?  They were missed by their QB for relatively long TDs  :wall:   Had any of those plays connected I would be above the line right now.

Still have D. Goedart/J. Reed (-2.4, -12.6) and C. Clement (-12.6) so 🤞

Currently ranked 310 and about 5.5 points below the cutline.  I'm sure everyone can play this game, but T. Taylor, M. Gallup, and C. Clay all counting for me at this point in the contest.  What do all these players have in common?  They were missed by their QB for relatively long TDs  :wall:   Had any of those plays connected I would be above the line right now.

Still have D. Goedart/J. Reed (-2.4, -12.6) and C. Clement (-12.6) so 🤞
Good luck!   Rooting for a big TE night for you....

Raleigh Engineers said:
Good luck!   Rooting for a big TE night for you....
Posted above, but it looks like the TEs are the ones that really matter for this competition.  They are the only players highly owned.

Sitting at 177.75, but Gronk only got me 7.1, and I still have Goedert tonight.  Never made it this far, here's hoping...

Don Quixote said:
Handomatic yes

-QG

A Darren Sproles sighting..  I’m not dead yet.  I assumed he was still out.  He’s at 7.7 points already, just need another 40....

Doh, 264th, finally done in with too many guys out injured.

Good luck to those who made it. One of these years I will, sucks to get so close and not. Enjoy it!

Dang so the ghost woulda made it...if only I hadn't finished only 36.30 below the cut in week 11 :(   Barely knocked out there.

-QG

Interesting...

203 of the remaining 250 have Mahomes.  It's not surprising, but it's still quite telling how one player can have such a big impact on the contest.

186 have CMC.

144 have both Mahomes and CMC.

Good luck to those who made it to the promised land, I will not be joining you.

Interesting...

203 of the remaining 250 have Mahomes.  It's not surprising, but it's still quite telling how one player can have such a big impact on the contest.

186 have CMC.

144 have both Mahomes and CMC.

Good luck to those who made it to the promised land, I will not be joining you.
I am one of the remaining 144 teams with Mahomes and CMC.

I am also one of the remaining 189 teams with an injured Conner. 

Steeler said:
Missed the cut by 3 points last night - this contest is dumb :lol:
I missed the cut by more than that, but hey, my squad went much further than expected.  It perhaps went much further than it deserved to go.

The storyline for this year's contest was cheap quarterbacks that way over-performed their value.  I benefited from this greatly.  It'll be interesting to see what next year's contest will bring us.

Users who are viewing this thread