TE - Rob Gronkowski - NE/11 - $26
TE - Jordan Reed - WAS/4 - $16
PK - Jake Elliott - PHI/9 - $5
PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/11 - $3
PK - Kaimi Fairbairn - HOU/10 - $2
TD - Philadelphia Eagles - PHI/9 - $8
TD - Atlanta Falcons - ATL/8 - $4
TD - Miami Dolphins - MIA/11 - $2

Second iteration. Think there’s too much value at WR to not spread it out. I think any one of those guys can go for 100 and a touch any given week. 

agree on the wr statement. you might be a tad light at rb for depth but you got possibly two of the top 5, so you just need their bye weeks covered

• Like 1

No further iterations will be necessary.

QB - Case Keenum - DEN/10 - $7
QB - Eli Manning - NYG/9 - $7
RB - Saquon Barkley - NYG/9 - $28
RB - Jerick McKinnon - SF/11 - $24
RB - Derrick Henry - TEN/8 - $21
RB - Kerryon Johnson - DET/6 - $15
RB - Corey Clement - PHI/9 - $10
RB - Samaje Perine - WAS/4 - $4
WR - Davante Adams - GB/7 - $29
WR - Amari Cooper - OAK/7 - $23
WR - Jarvis Landry - CLE/11 - $19
WR - D.J. Moore - CAR/4 - $11
WR - Anthony Miller - CHI/5 - $7
WR - Chris Godwin - TB/5 - $6
WR - Courtland Sutton - DEN/10 - $5
WR - Ryan Grant - IND/9 - $4
TE - David Njoku - CLE/11 - $12
TE - Dallas Goedert - PHI/9 - $4
TE - Nick Vannett - SEA/7 - $3
PK - Kai Forbath - MIN/10 - $3
PK - Adam Vinatieri - IND/9 - $3
TD - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TB/5 - $3
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2

On 8/8/2018 at 10:00 AM, FF Ninja said:

Feels weird to say this, but too much value this year. I was on pace for a 40 man roster before I realized I only had 6 spots left and about $100.

:goodposting: My rosters are generally in the 23-25 man range.  Right now I'm sitting at 29 because I can't see passing up some of the bargains.

1 minute ago, apalmer said:

:goodposting: My rosters are generally in the 23-25 man range.  Right now I'm sitting at 29 because I can't see passing up some of the bargains.

I'm at 28, trying to squeeze out 2 more but not sure I can. 

QB - Alex Smith - WAS/4 - $12
QB - Marcus Mariota - TEN/8 - $11
RB - Dalvin Cook - MIN/10 - $27
RB - Dion Lewis - TEN/8 - $19
RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8
RB - Jordan Wilkins - IND/9 - $5
WR - Corey Davis - TEN/8 - $15
WR - Will Fuller - HOU/10 - $13
WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/7 - $9
WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8 - $6
WR - Quincy Enunwa - NYJ/11 - $6
WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5
TE - George Kittle - SF/11 - $12
TE - Jared Cook - OAK/7 - $8
PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/9 - $3
PK - Chandler Catanzaro - TB/5 - $3
TD - Denver Broncos - DEN/10 - $6
TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/8 - $4

12 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

No further iterations will be necessary.

RB - Jerick McKinnon - SF/11 - $24
RB - Derrick Henry - TEN/8 - $21
TE - David Njoku - CLE/11 - $12
PK - Kai Forbath - MIN/10 - $3
PK - Adam Vinatieri - IND/9 - $3
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/11 - $2

Let me plant a seed of doubt for you...what happens if Landry is injured Week 7?

Iteration 3 done.  As I try to clear out stupid first impression takes with guys who will end up overbought :)

I'm alittle more careful than Iggy and VBDS with the changing ;)

Up to 27 now - but a couple positions to comb through still.

-QG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Let me plant a seed of doubt for you...what happens if Landry is injured Week 7?

what a weird comment

Just completed my 13th iteration.  Any of you guys keep track of all your versions in Draft Dominator?....so you can feel like crap when you're eliminated and can then look back and see that a previous team would still be alive?  I've done it the past 4 years and only screwed myself once.  Lotta extra manual work, but fun:) Made the finals 2 of the last 5 yrs. 

Edited to add:  I 'cheated' one year and entered 2 teams :ph34r:

Edited by Maggot Brain
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

WR1 and WR2 have a bye week Week 7.  The WRs below Landry are not reliable.  Hardly qualifies as a weird comment, but thanks for your feedback.

it wasnt a very constructive comment. your post here is way more constructive and helpful. in the end we are all looking for help and feedback.

Edited by Dr. Dan
  • Like 1

We haven't really discussed Samaje Perine's talent as a RB in here.  I admit I know little about him, but I have started my research.  If we have the option of starting 4 RB's in this contest, which we do, then checking him out is worth the time.  I am curious why Dodds decided to list him, and not list Rob Kelley.  Perhaps he knows something we don't?  Since Guice's injury, Dodds' PPR projections for WAS RB's is:

Thompson - 80 rushes, 349 yards and 2 TDs + 60 catches, 552 yards and 3.4 TDs = 182.5 fantasy points (RB20)

Perine - 190 rushes, 764 yards and 6.4 TDs + 25 catches, 193 yards and .9 TDs = 164.5 fantasy points (RB28)

Kelley - 50 rushes, 178 yards and 1.2 TDs + 10 catches, 80 yards and .4 TDs = 45.4 fantasy points (RB81)

Dodds has Perine as the #18 RB in total carries.  Has he been talking with Jay Gruden?

46 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

We haven't really discussed Samaje Perine's talent as a RB in here.  I admit I know little about him, but I have started my research.  If we have the option of starting 4 RB's in this contest, which we do, then checking him out is worth the time.  I am curious why Dodds decided to list him, and not list Rob Kelley.  Perhaps he knows something we don't?  Since Guice's injury, Dodds' PPR projections for WAS RB's is:

Thompson - 80 rushes, 349 yards and 2 TDs + 60 catches, 552 yards and 3.4 TDs = 182.5 fantasy points (RB20)

Perine - 190 rushes, 764 yards and 6.4 TDs + 25 catches, 193 yards and .9 TDs = 164.5 fantasy points (RB28)

Kelley - 50 rushes, 178 yards and 1.2 TDs + 10 catches, 80 yards and .4 TDs = 45.4 fantasy points (RB81)

Dodds has Perine as the #18 RB in total carries.  Has he been talking with Jay Gruden?

because it was figured Kelley and Perine were fighting for one roster spot. Perine is better in the passing game, and Chris Thompson is not 100%. therefore he was making a call that Perine had the inside track to the roster spot. There were some rumblings that Perine could get a passing down role in the offense before the injury

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

it wasnt a very constructive comment. your post here is way more constructive and helpful. in the end we are all looking for help and feedback.

posting dozens of hypothetical lineups isn't constructive either imo.

• Like 4

On 8/10/2018 at 4:53 PM, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Rotoworld thinks Chris is the man, and will get breaks during the work week so he can be lead back.  Situation will have to be monitored.  

I dont know about this. Thompson has gotten double digit carries twice in his entire career. last year was the most he has been used and he broke down. granted it's a fluke injury but the guy hasn't managed to stay healthy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

WR1 and WR2 have a bye week Week 7.  The WRs below Landry are not reliable.  Hardly qualifies as a weird comment, but thanks for your feedback.

It was in response to my post. I didn't think it was a weird comment. I just disagreed with the assessment, but it's no biggie.

The other 5 WRs are upside guys that I have a lot of confidence in. No they're not "reliable", yet, and may never be. But I'm predicting they will. 

I think Moore will be the #1 guy in Carolina, Godwin and Miller will push for 1A/1B roles and can be the #1 in a given week, Sutton is their #3 but I think he can have big weeks and I don't have a ton of faith in Sanders or Thomas. And Ryan Grant *is* the #2 on the Colts and is severly undervalued in FF right now, IMO. If Landry didn't play week 7 I am confident I could get starter numbers from at least two of these guys. 

And if we're playing the "what if" injury game, what if Evans or Arob or one of the Denver guys get hurt? My guys move up. 

Anyway I think it's a perfectly reasonable criticism to bring up, but I just feel differently. 

4 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

It was in response to my post. I didn't think it was a weird comment. I just disagreed with the assessment, but it's no biggie.

The other 5 WRs are upside guys that I have a lot of confidence in. No they're not "reliable", yet, and may never be. But I'm predicting they will. 

I think Moore will be the #1 guy in Carolina, Godwin and Miller will push for 1A/1B roles and can be the #1 in a given week, Sutton is their #3 but I think he can have big weeks and I don't have a ton of faith in Sanders or Thomas. And Ryan Grant *is* the #2 on the Colts and is severly undervalued in FF right now, IMO. If Landry didn't play week 7 I am confident I could get starter numbers from at least two of these guys. 

And if we're playing the "what if" injury game, what if Evans or Arob or one of the Denver guys get hurt? My guys move up. 

Anyway I think it's a perfectly reasonable criticism to bring up, but I just feel differently. 

I dont mind your wr depth. I agree with a lot of what you said. Godwin, Grant, Sutton are locks on my team.

Miller I'm not sure about. like him more in dynasty and I already have Gallup on my team, so I dont want to go too heavy on Rookies for obvious reasons. 

I think QB hurts you as you have 2 shaky guys. 2 guys for whom it's not ridiculously out there to suggest they could lose their jobs this season. 

Here is my first real crack at this:

QB - Kirk Cousins - MIN/10 - $14
QB - Jimmy Garoppolo - SF/11 - $12

On the radar: Winston TB-10, L. Jackson BAL-4

RB - Alvin Kamara - NO/6 - $35
RB - Royce Freeman - DEN/10 - $16
RB - Sony Michel - NE/11 - $10
RB - Austin Ekeler - LAC/8 - $8

On the radar: Clement PHI-10, J Wilkins IND-5, McGuire NYJ-5, Perine WAS-4, J. Samuels PIT-3

WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster - PIT/7 - $21
WR - Marquise Goodwin - SF/11 - $13
WR - JMon Moore - GB/7 - $3
WR - Phillip Dorsett - NE/11 - $2

On the radar: T. Hill KC-23, C. Davis TEN-15, C. Kupp LAR-14, Gallup DAL-6, C. Rogers IND-4, Samuel CAR-3, Darboh SEA-2

TE - Travis Kelce - KC/12 - $25
TE - Blake Jarwin - DAL/8 - $3

On the radar: Graham GB-20, Engram NYG-19, Njoku CLE-12, Kittle SF-12, L. Wilson DET-6

$26 left to spend on defense/kickers and other players or upgrades.

Total value: 243

31 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I dont mind your wr depth. I agree with a lot of what you said. Godwin, Grant, Sutton are locks on my team.

Miller I'm not sure about. like him more in dynasty and I already have Gallup on my team, so I dont want to go too heavy on Rookies for obvious reasons. 

I think QB hurts you as you have 2 shaky guys. 2 guys for whom it's not ridiculously out there to suggest they could lose their jobs this season. 

Yeah I think QB is the glaring weakness on my team. TE isn't great either. 

I like Eli to have a big year. Barkley plus OBJ plus Engram = big year in my book. And Keenum yeah I don't know. Loved what I saw in Minnesota last year and thought they were crazy to move him. At first anyway.

But if I tinker with this lineup I would likely drop a RB and rework QB and TE. I love my RB corps here so much that I think I will be leaving points on my bench. Assuming relative health, which I think we all need to assume we're going to have, if we have a shot at winning. But believe me I'd rather have an extra QB and another TE. Maybe another iteration will be necessary after all.

2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I dont know about this. Thompson has gotten double digit carries twice in his entire career. last year was the most he has been used and he broke down. granted it's a fluke injury but the guy hasn't managed to stay healthy. 

That's fair.  I'm probably overreacting to the dynamic I observed last year, which was that Thompson appeared to be so much better than the other options available.

In terms of risk / reward, Perine at $4 is far more interesting than Thompson at $17...but its probably moot as the locusts will descend on them both in the contest....Alex Smith or Josh Glass oops I mean Reed might be nice contrarian plays in that regard.

• Like 1

We agree on Godwin and Grant. 

I'm largely ignorant of Sutton and the others, but the Denver situation is not rosy after Thomas and Sanders get theirs.  Then again, with no established TE, perhaps Sutton can (a) win the WR3 battle, and (b) become the de factor WR3 for Case Keenum and an o line that was bloody awful in 2017.

So, back to the WR corps in question:

This is a reasonable squad at the position.  And even if Landry was hurt week 7, having to "rely on" Godwin and Grant for bye week coverage is not the worst situation by far.  I suppose I was questioning whether or not Davante Adams and Amari Cooper were really worth $52 of space with a common bye week....but honestly it was just an idle comment.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

I suppose I was questioning whether or not Davante Adams and Amari Cooper were really worth $52 of space with a common bye week....but honestly it was just an idle comment.

It's all good. I like Adams and Cooper quite a bit this year. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ffweasel said:

Matt Breida is on the watch list. 

He is one MRI away from being the most owned player in this contest. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

He is one MRI away from being the most owned player in this contest. 

Cancel the Breida watch. Muscle strain. 

• Like 1

Didn't want this thread to disappear, so here is my most recent submission:

QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/6 - $15
QB - Ben Roethlisberger - PIT/7 - $14
RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/4 - $26
WR - Tyreek Hill - KC/12 - $23
WR - Golden Tate - DET/6 - $21
WR - Randall Cobb - GB/7 - $14
PK - Cody Parkey - CHI/5 - $2
TD - Minnesota Vikings - MIN/10 - $7
TD - New England Patriots - NE/11 - $5

Any glaring problems? 

23 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Any glaring problems? 

apparently posting lineups isnt constructive to this thread

that being said I think you are short on total wrs, but then again I usually dont fo the best in this contest 

41 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

apparently posting lineups isnt constructive to this thread

that being said I think you are short on total wrs, but then again I usually dont fo the best in this contest 

screw the folks who say posting lineups isn't constructive... this is the subscriber contest post!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HairySasquatch said:

The more I mess with my lineup, the smaller my lineup becomes.  Started out at 28 and have slowly worked my way down to 23.  

Just so you know, 4 of the top 5 submissions from last year had 23 or less.  And the winner and runner-up had exactly 23.

Edited by TheWinz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Just so you know, 4 of the top 5 submissions from last year had 23 or less.  And the winner and runner-up had exactly 23.

what do people usually do at te? I see a lot of top tes in submissions, but I feel like there is good value lower (kittle for instance)

even with the wrs... such great value low on the list

mine so far. I find I have a lot of wr2s not many wr1s, which might be my biggest fault. just so much great value 

QB - Jared Goff - LAR/12 - $11
WR - Cooper Kupp - LAR/12 - $14

Edited by Dr. Dan

Just now, Dr. Dan said:

what do people usually do at te? I see a lot of top tes in submissions, but I feel like there is good value lower (kittle for instance)

even with the wrs... such great value low on the list

Last year, 1 of the top 25 had only Ertz, 9 chose 2 TE's, 9 chose 3 TE's, and 6 chose 4 TE's.  So, 18 out of 25 chose 2 or 3.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

mine so far. I find I have a lot of wr2s not many wr1s, which might be my biggest fault. just so much great value 

We have 9 of the same players.  My last submission also had Alex Smith, Eli Manning, Kerryon Johnson, Tyler Lockett, John Ross, and George Kittle.

QB - I had Smith, Prescott, and Eli, but decided to go with 2 better options with early byes - Stafford and Ben may not gain yards rushing, but both are near locks for 4000 and 30 - 2017 winner had 2 QB's, as did 3 of the top 5 - if I make the cutoff at week 7, I have 2 decent QB's for the rest of the contest

RB - winner had 6 RB's - average of top 25 was 6 RB's - they can't all be RB1's, but I wanted 2 RB1's, and a few possible RB2's, then a few hopefuls

WR - again, wanted a few top guys, not necessarily WR1's, but guys that may be WR1's or decent WR2's (this is where I think your team is lacking), then a few hopefuls - remember, you have to start 2 every week, and in weeks 8-10 you only have 6 to choose from.  IMO you have a few WR2 hopefuls and a handful of longshots.

TE - As I said, I had Kittle as my top TE in my last submission, but decided to go for broke with Kelce.  You can actually start 3 TE's each week, but most in 2017 only counted their top TE, so I went with a top tier guy.  I will roll the dice with Goedert in week 12, and have Kelce as an option for all other weeks.  How many weeks do you really think you will use Blake Jarwin?  And, if you are, what does that say about your RB's and WR's?

K and D - We agree quite a bit

Overall, I like your team, but I think you went a little "value happy".  I traded in my John Ross, Courtland Sutton, and Tyler Lockett, and was able to upgrade from Kittle to Kelce.  Again, it's only early August and we still have 3 more preseason games.  Injuries are bound to occur, offering us more "value picks".  We may all be submitting teams with 20 "value" guys like Perine, and 10 other decent players.  And the winner will cruise to the title with studs like Rodgers, Gurley, Brown, and Gronk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheWinz said:

Any glaring problems? 

I wouldn’t feel very good about having only Goedert at TE in week 12 

• Like 1

My new philosophy this year: don't pick value guys who have mediocre upside. I know that sounds obvious, but sometimes I get caught up in projected points/$ and end up with a team that gets to the end but has no shot at winning. Made it to at least week 11 four years in a row and the final 250 2/4 of those years, but I didn't feel like any of those teams ever had a chance of winning. Usually go for larger teams, right now I'm sitting at 23. 

QB: 2 for $21

RB: 6 for $87

WR: 7 for $72

TE: 2 for $51

K: 3 for $8

DEF: 3 for $10

Think I'm gonna try to shift some RB $ to WR. 

Edited by Hybrid
  • Like 1

I would love to roster Todd Gurley,

I just wish his bye week was early,

To save nine bucks said my bookie,

Choose the New York hyped rookie,

And for two you can have Jeremy Kerley

• Like 5

Definitely have me re-thinking all of the value picks at WR. I agree with what's been said that too much value isn't really a good thing. I went back and ended up going with 

Fitzgerald
Hogan
Davis
Gallup
Godwin
Sutton
Grant

I feel like Fitzgerald is a pretty good value at $24, especially since I see him out scoring some of the WRs above him
Hogan was more of a "I have $17, who can I afford at that level" pick, but I see him having some potential big value at $17. 

$77 total at WR, 7 total Wrs. I figure that has to be lucky, right? 

Edited by Dr. Dan

Well, since I've been shamelessly cribbing this thread for bargains, I suppose I should share

QB - Jimmy Garoppolo - SF/11 - $12
QB - Jared Goff - LAR/12 - $11

RB - Leonard Fournette - JAX/9 - $29
RB - Alex Collins - BAL/10 - $21
RB - Peyton Barber - TB/5 - $8 (Considered handcuffing KJ with Blount here, but playing safe probably ain't gonna win this)

WR - Stefon Diggs - MIN/10 - $22
WR - Jamison Crowder - WAS/4 - $17 (Debated Hogan here, but he shares a bye with Goodwin)

TE - Greg Olsen - CAR/4 - $20
TE - Mike Gesicki - MIA/11 - $6

Not sharing my PK/DEF, though :devil:

Should I go with the guy who's elite
Or these dart throws that feel almost free?
If my guys don't play
Then they'll blow me away
Better add a few more at team D

• Like 3

Definitely have me re-thinking all of the value picks at WR. I agree with what's been said that too much value isn't really a good thing. I went back and ended up going with 

Fitzgerald
Hogan
Davis
Gallup
Godwin
Sutton
Grant

I feel like Fitzgerald is a pretty good value at $24, especially since I see him out scoring some of the WRs above him
Hogan was more of a "I have $17, who can I afford at that level" pick, but I see him having some potential big value at $17. 

6 for $65 here, maybe I should spend one more $, good luck right?

• Like 1

Fitzgerald
Hogan
Davis
Gallup
Godwin
Sutton
Grant

You cannot get more consistent than Fitz, that's for sure.  I could be his QB and he'd still perform!  And, as of now, I refuse to take Godwin and Grant off my roster too.  I am sure to change many times before the deadline, but I think that will have more to do with preseason injuries than me changing my mind on the guys I have chosen.

• Like 1

I keep tweaking but keep going back to my original entry.  Think long think wrong right?

QBs- 32

RBs- 83

WRs- 92

TEs- 26

K- 9

D-  8

1 hour ago, rustycolts said:

I keep tweaking but keep going back to my original entry.  Think long think wrong right?

QBs- 32

RBs- 83

WRs- 92

TEs- 26

K- 9

D-  8

Show us your picks.  You never know - without a second set of eyes, you may have a glaring mistake, like conflicting bye weeks, or a crappy player, hehehe.

7 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Show us your picks.  You never know - without a second set of eyes, you may have a glaring mistake, like conflicting bye weeks, or a crappy player, hehehe.

I did page 7 8 picks from the bottom between your post and Ms  Daisy

45 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

I did page 7 8 picks from the bottom between your post and Ms  Daisy

Great distribution of bye weeks, decent team

Love my team imo. Spending less at QB than almost any rosters I've seen here. It may bite me but I really like a couple mid-low QB's to put up QB1 seasons. Let's me feel really strong about my RB/WR/TE crew.