What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (5 Viewers)

Please drop this route and post more about how the winner had 18 and that's the best way to go.  Maybe find some stats on how 8 kickers is a shark approach.
I remembered you wanted to keep larger rosters a secret, and was waiting for your reply.  I will post random crap in this thread until the stats above get buried before next season.

TheWinz said:
 In 2018, here were the number of submissions for each roster size: 18 (4051), 19 (1741), 20 (1390), 21 (1189), 22 (1104), 23 (1008), 24 (895), 25 (785), 26 (670), 27 (562), 28 (470), 29 (440), 30 (810)

I remembered you wanted to keep larger rosters a secret, and was waiting for your reply.  I will post random crap in this thread until the stats above get buried before next season.
👍

Wisdom of the crowd says small roster is the clear cut way to go.

👍

Wisdom of the crowd says small roster is the clear cut way to go.
Smaller rosters make for more awesome players that will take you to the end.  In the last 3 years, 18-player rosters have won it all twice.  Why waste your $$ on scrubs who are just bench fodder?  The only players that matter each week are 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1K, and 1D, so why have 30 guys on your roster?

Age is just a number ... I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up!  

Wait, what qualifies as old?  Born in the 60's?  Count me in! 
Not even close, whippersnapper. 

Age is just a number--until you're preparing that application for Social Security benefits and figuring out which Medicare Supplement to get.  :bag:

Not even close, whippersnapper. 

Age is just a number--until you're preparing that application for Social Security benefits and figuring out which Medicare Supplement to get.  :bag:
Glad to know there are some geriatrics still loving the game!  And to think, this makes me feel young again!  

ponchsox said:
Did you guys get paid? I never got any communication:(
I got an initial email from Dodds about the prize selection (I chose free year of FBG  vs. PayPal cash transfer), but my account hasn't been updated with an extra year of FBG subscription yet.

This year seems more likely than ever to see this happen again.
Yeah...Dodds really screwed the pooch this year IMO.  In an effort to make this contest "tough", he turned it into luck.  Jacking the prices of the low tier players and cutting the number of players available doesn't lend itself to many different strategies. 

I think I'm getting closer to being done.  Just dropped Penny and upgraded to Freeman really wanted to have 6 rbs but doesn't look like that is going to happen.  If I can get at least 2 double digit scores each week out of my very weak WRs I'll be happy.

QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/12 - $12
QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/5 - $10
QB - Nick Foles - JAX/10 - $8
RB - Todd Gurley - LAR/9 - $28
RB - Devonta Freeman - ATL/9 - $23
RB - Sony Michel - NE/10 - $20
RB - Chris Carson - SEA/11 - $18
RB - Jordan Howard - PHI/10 - $14
WR - Kenny Stills - MIA/5 - $10
WR - Devin Funchess - IND/6 - $10
WR - Marquise Brown - BAL/8 - $10
WR - Zay Jones - BUF/6 - $8
WR - David Moore - SEA/11 - $6
WR - Quincy Enunwa - NYJ/4 - $6
WR - Taylor Gabriel - CHI/6 - $5
TE - Jared Cook - NO/9 - $17
TE - Eric Ebron - IND/6 - $16
TE - Greg Olsen - CAR/7 - $10
PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/10 - $4
PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/6 - $3
PK - Zane Gonzalez - ARI/12 - $3
TD - San Francisco 49ers - SF/4 - $3
TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3
TD - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TB/7 - $3

I think I'm getting closer to being done.  Just dropped Penny and upgraded to Freeman really wanted to have 6 rbs but doesn't look like that is going to happen.  If I can get at least 2 double digit scores each week out of my very weak WRs I'll be happy.

QB - Philip Rivers - LAC/12 - $12
QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/5 - $10
QB - Nick Foles - JAX/10 - $8
RB - Todd Gurley - LAR/9 - $28
RB - Devonta Freeman - ATL/9 - $23
RB - Sony Michel - NE/10 - $20
RB - Chris Carson - SEA/11 - $18
RB - Jordan Howard - PHI/10 - $14
WR - Kenny Stills - MIA/5 - $10
WR - Devin Funchess - IND/6 - $10
WR - Marquise Brown - BAL/8 - $10
WR - Zay Jones - BUF/6 - $8