What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

On The Clock: Redraft Pick 14.03 (1 Viewer)

At pick 14.03, I take:

• Kallen Ballage

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Ricky Seals-Jones

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Peyton Barber

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Quincy Enunwa

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Jordan Wilkins

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Vance McDonald

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Christian Kirk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please pick some one reasonable at the ADP and list in thread)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Dr. Octopus

Footballguy
I will run this as a new series of threads for some redraft discussion. We will jump around through various parts of the draft and look at players in that tier that should be available. I'll use ADP data from Fantasy Football Calculator https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp/ppr to present some on the clock scenarios with polls as to who you would take. I am going to base this on ppr leagues because at this point I think they are the most popular but those of you in standard leagues feel free to vote and discuss what you would do "differently" in standard leagues.

I strongly encourage people to not just vote in the poll but discuss their choices.

Past Threads:

Pick 1.04

Pick 4.09

Pick 8.06

Pick 1.01

For this "OTC" thread we will move into late round flier territory. Sure you may be taking kickers and D/STs here to fill out your roster or perhaps even handcuffing your RBs - but lets assume you've done all of those things or will wait a round or two. We're swinging for the fences here and hoping to find a diamond in the rough. Who do you love late Sharkpool?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with Peyton Barber. I'm not a huge fan of Ronald Jones as I'm not sure he's fast enough to excel at his size. While I don't think Barber is anything special he looked more than serviceable last season and I can see him carving out a bigger role than expected. If Jones struggles we can be looking at volume based producer in a pretty good offense at a 14th round pricetag.

Voted Peyton Barber.  I like him a lot this year at his current ADP, have already grabbed him in a few drafts.  I think we all have a tendency to overrate rookies as the shiny new thing, but I can easily see Barber being the starting RB in TB and producing starter-worthy fantasy numbers this year.  Not often you can find that in the 14th round. 

I feel bad bumping my own thread - but I thought this one would be a worthwhile edition since people get to talk about their late round sleepers.

Other:

Ryan Grant. Ourlands has him as the starter opposite of Hilton. If Luck is bad and healthy, I don’t see how it’s possible to have a better late round flyer. He was brought in this offseason so it’s not like he’s just some shlub that’s been hanging around on the roster. He’s not even showing up on the Draft Calc ADP.

I had a gun to my head here and picked Ballage. IDK. There are probably at least a half dozen guys I like more than all these names. But I'm not sure if they would be available here or not in this mock poll. 

I'm high on J'Mon Moore, like @Dr. Dan but I think I can still get him a *little* later.

Guys like Godwin and Mike Williams probably aren't there, but they may have been a couple months ago. Dixon and Ekeler made this list for me earlier, but I've backed away from them more recently. If I took Jones II then I am almost certainly taking Barber here.

I had a gun to my head here and picked Ballage. IDK. There are probably at least a half dozen guys I like more than all these names. But I'm not sure if they would be available here or not in this mock poll. 

I'm high on J'Mon Moore, like @Dr. Dan but I think I can still get him a *little* later.

Guys like Godwin and Mike Williams probably aren't there, but they may have been a couple months ago. Dixon and Ekeler made this list for me earlier, but I've backed away from them more recently. If I took Jones II then I am almost certainly taking Barber here.
Depends how many rounds. In my keeper-redraft league we only go 14 rounds. Very short benches

Barber.  I usually load up on RB talent at draft time, with an eye to flipping some once the season gets rolling.  Barber is a classic "could open with a few good weeks before fading" guy that could be converted to value.

Big time swing for the fences time.  Ballage fits that bill pretty well.  Sutton might be another worthy pick given how outrageously good he’s looked so far.

At TE often one of Howard, Njoku, and Eifert is still available here. At WR you can often get someone like Lockett, Miller, or Gallup. And some of those guys actually have an ADP after pick 159 (which is what 14.03 is) on FFCalculator, although it's not obvious from how they list things because lots of players bunch into the late rounds since they don't downgrade guys past rd15 for the times they go undrafted.

RB Barber, RB Wilkins, WR Sutton, and TE Hurst also seem like pretty good options.

I'll put my vote towards OJ Howard (ADP of pick 162). 2nd year breakouts are the most common pattern for star TEs, so I'll take a shot at his upside.

Users who are viewing this thread