What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason DFS (1 Viewer)

topman

Footballguy
Does anyone have any plans to play preseason DFS? If so where do you get most your information on for who will get most game time for a given team?

I had read years ago where it stated preseason DFS is more skill than luck but I am having a hard time with figuring this out. Thoughts?

Does anyone have any plans to play preseason DFS? If so where do you get most your information on for who will get most game time for a given team?

I had read years ago where it stated preseason DFS is more skill than luck but I am having a hard time with figuring this out. Thoughts?
i want nothing to do with it honestly. Too much variation in players and playing time for me to be comfortable putting any money on it. I guess looking for players on teams with starting positions up for grabs or teams with starters locked in to their starting positions that dont need much preseason work? Rookies? I dunno. Seems too unpredictable. 

I've never won a dime in preseason dfs, but I'm probably still going to play a few entries just for fun.  I have no idea how to select players but that won t stop me 

I played last week and thought it was pretty easy. Maybe I was just lucky though. For the HOF game, it was easy to see that no starters would be playing, yet many people still included them in their lineups.

This week should be similar, so I'm going to play again. The starters may get a series or two and probably aren't worth rostering yet. I'm likely going to go with some of the rookie QBs, thinking they may get at least a half. At RB, probably something similar. I have no idea what to do at WR. So many play that it seems like a crapshoot. I used Hurst at TE last week and he played a lot and was targeted in the endzone. I may use him again.

I'd love to see a discussion on players here. For info, I read training camp reports last week, since it was only one game. It's a little tougher with a full slate.

It's all about trying to determine who will get the most playing time, so I'm wondering about the Eagles QB situation.  Their depth chart looks like this: QB: Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Nate Sudfeld, Joe Callahan

Wentz will certainly not play, Foles will probably not play much and maybe not at all.  Any idea on who will get the most snaps between Sudfeld and Callahan?

ETA: I just found this article and Sudfeld is the QB I'm going with unless I can find more definitive information about another QB on a different team.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/8/8/17663682/philadelphia-eagles-nate-sudfeld-preseason-2018-introduction-quarterback-nfl-indiana-hoosiers-foles

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard preseason was soft so threw in a single tourney entry after listening to 1 preseason podcast. I doubled up with 2 zeros in my lineup. Wow.

Week 2:

Looking at Sudfield and Darnold at QB. With Roethlisberger likely out, I'm thinking about an entry with Landry or Rudolph. Probably passing on NE, Was, and GB.

At RB, looking at Cannon, Perine or Kelley, and Samuels. 

At WR, I'm struggling as usual. I like Washington, especially if JuJu is out. Also Gilbert or Hollins from Philly. Struggling with WR3 and flex.

At TE, maybe Goedert, Walford, or Hodges, but obviously struggling here as well.

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread