What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper thoughts - 1 spot left (1 Viewer)

LRSmitty79

Footballguy
Got 1 spot left and looking at these options(.5 PPR):

C Carson - lot of talent & young, but Penny drafted

J Doctson - talented, but always injured it seems

C Godwin - could start, but is he going to be fantasy relevant in that O

Already have a spot that is going to Dez, which could be a waste if he doesn't sign with a team

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Carson could win that job outright so I'd be comfortable taking him as your last keeper.

I'd almost be tempted to take Godwin over Dez if you don't get some legit rumblings that he'll be signed somewhere. I've heard nothing but good things about Godwin out of Tampa training camp.

If you have to announce your keepers now I wouldn't keep Dez.  With him not being signed yet you have no idea if he is going to a team that might make sense or a waste or he may not even sign.  I wouldn't waste that spot.

I would do Carson and Godwin (Carson if you just pick one).  I think they have the most upside/floor combo of the choices.

Thx for the input.  Carson is where I've been leaning as I think he's a very talented guy and has a chance to be relevant.  I like Godwin a lot too; just have little faith in his QB situation.

I have about another week to choose keepers; it's hard to not keep Dez considering talent, but yet it's also very concerning that he hasn't signed anywhere.

I'd love to see the rest of your team and see your keeper rules because I have to figure you have better keepers somewhere.

Having said that, Carson is the easy keeper for me out of that list.  He's repeatedly been called the best player in camp and I can't see him being any less then the better part of a committee unless an injury Penny comes out of nowhere and starts to really impress.

Also, I can't imagine any scenario where Dez should be kept.  I would keep anyone else on your list over him with Godwin over Doctson.

I'd love to see the rest of your team and see your keeper rules because I have to figure you have better keepers somewhere.

Having said that, Carson is the easy keeper for me out of that list.  He's repeatedly been called the best player in camp and I can't see him being any less then the better part of a committee unless an injury Penny comes out of nowhere and starts to really impress.

Also, I can't imagine any scenario where Dez should be kept.  I would keep anyone else on your list over him with Godwin over Doctson.
11 Keepers, .5 PPR starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE & DST

Definite Keepers(9): Wentz, Kamara, Lamar Miller, CJAnderson, Diggs, B Cooks, Demaryius Thomas, Robby Anderson, G Olsen

Questionable Keeper(1): Dez

Rest of Roster(1 of these): Rivers, Carson, Doug Martin, Josh Doctson, C Godwin, J Doyle, Eagles D/ST

Question was just about input on the last keeper spot

I don't trust the Seattle RB situation at all. Even if Carson starts the season as a starter at some point Penny will become the starter. Let somebody else juggle that mess. Personally I'd keep Rivers and then you don't need to worry about your QB's.

11 Keepers, .5 PPR starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE & DST

Definite Keepers(9): Wentz, Kamara, Lamar Miller, CJAnderson, Diggs, B Cooks, Demaryius Thomas, Robby Anderson, G Olsen

Questionable Keeper(1): Dez

Rest of Roster(1 of these): Rivers, Carson, Doug Martin, Josh Doctson, C Godwin, J Doyle, Eagles D/ST

Question was just about input on the last keeper spot
Oh wow. 11 keepers.  More of a dynasty league than a keeper league.

Carson is a definite keeper there.  For the last slot I'd take a swing at Doctson or Godwin (My first response I was thinking Goodwin, not Godwin, :bag:).   I just don't see the upside with Bryant.

Avery said:
Oh wow. 11 keepers.  More of a dynasty league than a keeper league.

Carson is a definite keeper there.  For the last slot I'd take a swing at Doctson or Godwin (My first response I was thinking Goodwin, not Godwin, :bag:).   I just don't see the upside with Bryant.
yea, it's between a keeper & dynasty format.  Bryant has so much talent and potential; it's hard not to keep him.  Looks like he may sign with the Browns soon

yea, it's between a keeper & dynasty format.  Bryant has so much talent and potential; it's hard not to keep him.  Looks like he may sign with the Browns soon
Are we sure about that?  He has been very disappointing and not anywhere what his name brings.  He hasn't topped 840 yds or 70 receptions in 3 years and is only getting older.  I don't consider him a huge talent any more.  In the right spot he might be a redzone threat but I don't see him catching a ton of balls or outrunning anybody anymore.  He is a glorified possession WR at this point (and only being glorified because of his name). 

Are we sure about that?  He has been very disappointing and not anywhere what his name brings.  He hasn't topped 840 yds or 70 receptions in 3 years and is only getting older.  I don't consider him a huge talent any more.  In the right spot he might be a redzone threat but I don't see him catching a ton of balls or outrunning anybody anymore.  He is a glorified possession WR at this point (and only being glorified because of his name). 
Could be correct.  Maybe I'm overrating him b/c I've been a fan.  May end up keeping Carson and either Doctson or Godwin.

Users who are viewing this thread