What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thielen Keeper Offer Help (Pick Trading) (1 Viewer)

kylechoffman

Footballguy
Keep 2 annually, 12 team .5 ppr league. 1 per 10 yds rush and recv.  6 pt tds but bonus 2 points for tds over 40 yds. I am keeping Elliot for my last round pick (not going to get into how I pulled that off) and I am scouting for my second.  I have Evans which would cost me my first but I pick early so would like a shot at one of Barkley, Fournette, Hunt, Hopkins or Green so trying to avoid surrendering my first.  I was looking at trading for Baldwin which have surrendered my 5th rounder but the recent news has me a little nervous to pull the trigger.  I was offered Thielen which would cost me an 11th rounder so I am trying to determine what is fair and reasonable in terms of a pick swap. 

I would offer one of my picks in return for Thielen and a pick.  The team with Thielen picks 12th in odd rounds, 1st in even.  I pick 3rd in odd rounds, 10th in even.   This other team is holding Gurley in the 1st and AB in the second so hes starting out well.   There are plenty more options of players to go after as a few teams are cutting a lot of fat.  Hopkins being dropped being one of them.

Offer

I would love to offer my 11th for his 14th plus AT but thats not reasonable.  I am thinking of starting at my 9th for his 12th with AT and see where we land. Appreciate your thoughts..

I would look to swap your 2nd for his 2nd as part of the deal.  You jump up 8 spots and it is nothing off his nose because that will be A. Brown regardless.  After that I would ask him what he wants.  After all, he can't keep him so anything is better than nothing.   I would have no problem with either of the two pick swaps you suggested provided you include the swap of 2nd rounders too.

I would look to swap your 2nd for his 2nd as part of the deal.  You jump up 8 spots and it is nothing off his nose because that will be A. Brown regardless.  After that I would ask him what he wants.  After all, he can't keep him so anything is better than nothing.   I would have no problem with either of the two pick swaps you suggested provided you include the swap of 2nd rounders too.
This...I would offer him any picks beginning in round 10 but try and include that 2nd round swap. In a 2 player keeper league the players at that point in round 10 are probably just bench depth so giving him your 10th for even a last round pick won't kill you and getting that bump up in the 2nd round would be huge. Thielen becomes secondary at that point. I'd try something like a 10 for 15 first and if he rejects it then go down from there.

Dynasty league myself ....I have received an offer of 1.11 this year for Thielen straight up.  I will probably reject it.  So far Barkley, Michel, Guice, Penny,and Ridley have been taking. I just don't see value of the rookie pick close to what the worth of Thielen.

I have Thielen on my bench as well as I start Watson, Bell, DJohnson, Hopkins, DFreeman or KAllen, Kelce

Users who are viewing this thread