What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UPDATE OFFER: Trade for Evans: No Brainer? WHIR (1 Viewer)

Which trade should I make?

• 3.10 for Evans

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 2019 3rd for Evans

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Avery

Footballguy
14 team, PPR, 6 pts TD, 3 keepers, QB / 2-3 RB / 2-3 WR / TE / K / TD

Note that there is no penalty or limit on keeping players.  You can keep whatever three players you want each year.

My best players to consider keeping are:
QB: D. Watson
RB: L. Fournette, A. Collins
WR: A. Cooper

Due to selling off-pieces to contending teams last year, I am also well positioned in the draft with the following picks to start: 1.05, 1.10, 2.05, 3.10, 3.11, 4.05, 4.10, 4.14

As much as I like Watson, I just don't like keeping QBs here and maybe because I feel burnt from last year, I'd like to upgrade from Cooper. (Fournette is an obvious keeper and I do like Collins)

I was just offered the following options:
M. Evans straight up for my 3.10 pick
M. Evans straight up for my 2019 3rd

If I did either, I would (try) to flip Cooper and/or Watson for picks and or position in the draft.  Not sure I could get that done, but even if I don't, it would help my first and second round picks by putting quality players back in the pool.

I know a future pick is generally worth less than a current pick but my 2016 pick is relatively low in the round and I do have extra high round picks here so it may be a good year to trade away a 3rd.

One of these sounds like a no brainer but I would love to hear your thoughts on which (if either) trade I should take. Thanks! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather trade away next years pick. There is always a chance that you end up with a guy this year in the 3rd who you may want to keep next year.

Because of the number of picks you have in the first 4 rounds, I'd trade the 3.10 for Evans for sure. It's not likely that you'll get a keeper in the 3rd or 4th especially with 2 1st rounders. 

Also, I'm a huge Evans fan and I think Fournette, Evans and either Collins or Watson (QB depends on how many others are kept in your league) in a very good group of keepers heading into a draft with 7 picks in the first 4 rounds.

As for the other option, I'd assume you will be in the running to win the league so I'd definitely hold onto next year's 3rd until the trade deadline in order to upgrade the team at that point.

Like Lunker said, you already have a ton of picks, trade the 3.10 this year.  The way I see it could look like this, although it depends on who all is kept:

QB: PICK 3.11

RB: Fournette, Collins (may even get a better RB than Collins with the 1.10 pick)

WR: Evans, Cooper

Flex: PICK 1.05

TE: PICK 2.05

Reserve RB/WR: PICK 1.10, 4.05, 4.10, 4.14 

The position picks are just random.  My point is that you still have 4 picks that are filling reserve positions.  Do you really need a 5th?

Like Lunker said, you already have a ton of picks, trade the 3.10 this year.  The way I see it could look like this, although it depends on who all is kept:

QB: PICK 3.11

RB: Fournette, Collins (may even get a better RB than Collins with the 1.10 pick)

WR: Evans, Cooper

Flex: PICK 1.05

TE: PICK 2.05

Reserve RB/WR: PICK 1.10, 4.05, 4.10, 4.14 

The position picks are just random.  My point is that you still have 4 picks that are filling reserve positions.  Do you really need a 5th?
More is always better but I see your point. Thanks!

I'd chose this years 3rd round pick and since you are set well with picks this year. Flip the pick and use it as trade bait.  

Users who are viewing this thread