What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Memories of 'The Love Boat' (1 Viewer)

Chemical X

Footballguy
this show had such major cheese factor and "stars" always miscast.  afternoon TV is bad and today I've had a Love Boat Marathon on in the background.  Here were some "plotlines".......

-Ann B Davis wanted to be sexually assaulted on board.

-**** van Patten as a down and out businessman man who just connected with a left cross to the chin of his wife, Rue McLanahan.

-Joan Rivers as a serious divorcee, not looking for love.

-Bernadette Stanis from Good Times as a NY model who claims Isaac has been crushing on her to get her husband jealous (nowadays, Isaac would likely be arrested or shot).

-Julie wanted teh secks from dashing leading man Donny Most, who declined her rebound offer.

-Cesar Romero hitting on Carol Channing, but I only see the joker.

-Betty White looks identical, 40 years later.

I won a Firestick and was browsing various apps and found old shows like Dukes of Hazzard (the originals) and all kinds of other classics! I can't believe how cheesy they were but man, was that good TV back in the day.

Vague recollections of this from my youth.  I remember Issac singing, ironically "I'm So Shy"

I remember quite a few darker story lines on Fantasy Island..   loved that show
If memory serves, the pilot/movie that started it, Mr. Roark was kind of evil / demented. I was only about 10-11, so maybe I'm mis-remembering.  

I won a Firestick and was browsing various apps and found old shows like Dukes of Hazzard (the originals) and all kinds of other classics! I can't believe how cheesy they were but man, was that good TV back in the day.
I miss that era...no backdoor messages or agendas...good always beat bad and there was a laughtrack so you always knew when to chuckle...no deep thinking which is how I like my entertainment...God Bless Aaron Spelling...

awesome!!!

If only Battlestar Galactica could have joined them, it might have saved us from that awful Galactica 1980
I think Richard Hatch was on a couple of episodes of Lauren Tewes’ Coke Boat.

Love Boat, E1 S1

Meredith Baxter is on board with her new boyfriend and she found out nude photos that she took in college for Kitten Magazine we about to be published. So she's trying to find all the copies on board and destroy them so he docent dump her. Apparently it was cool to browse nude centerfolds while lounging on the deck of a cruise ship back then. 

Also staring Jimmy Walker. 

E2, S1

Jaclyn Smith sails solo because her overworked husband cant go, but really he's sending a private **** to spy on her because he thinks she's having an affair. Looks like he's right...maybe? Also John Ritter chases his crush on board but when he cant book a room because the only available room left is for a woman (with another woman as a roommate), he does what he needs to do to get on board.  

i'm so loving this while at work on a Friday. 

E2, S1

Jaclyn Smith sails solo because her overworked husband cant go, but really he's sending a private **** to spy on her because he thinks she's having an affair. Looks like he's right...maybe? Also John Ritter chases his crush on board but when he cant book a room because the only available room left is for a woman (with another woman as a roommate), he does what he needs to do to get on board. 
He pretends to be gay so he can be roommates with both women, then gets a job as the ship's cook?

I remember getting ridiculously excited that Sonny Bono played a character from home town... like I was right there with him.

Love Boat and Fantasy Island back to back on Saturday nights...the Ruth and Gehrig of TV...didn't get any better than that...
My folks used to let my brother (couple years older than me) and I stay home without a babysitter (70s, parents gotta go out and have FUN!). We would jump onto the bed in their room when Love Boat came on and watch until they came home.

Mark Watney?!? Is that you? Did you run out of Disco?

Love Boat, E1 S1

Meredith Baxter is on board with her new boyfriend and she found out nude photos that she took in college for Kitten Magazine we about to be published. So she's trying to find all the copies on board and destroy them so he docent dump her. Apparently it was cool to browse nude centerfolds while lounging on the deck of a cruise ship back then. 

Also staring Jimmy Walker. 

E2, S1

i'm so loving this while at work on a Friday. 
When Kid Dyno-mite was on you better buckle up because hijinks were sure to follow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't  Sonny Bono appear in 40% of the Love Boat or Fantasy Island episodes?
I saw an interview with a political reporter on CNN awhile back and she said that one of the few times you would ever see a large bi-partisan group gathered together was in the dining hall when Sonny Bono and Fred Grandy would stand up and start telling stories. Everyone, regardless of party, felt connected to the show. 

Users who are viewing this thread