What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Preseason 2018 Game Observations Thread (2 Viewers)

Faust

MVP
Welcome to the annual preseason game observations thread where the Shark Pool can gather while watching live preseason game action and post observations on what we notice from these games.

Browns already have 2 taunting calls 4 minutes into the game.  Ward and Landry.

I kinda wonder if the Browns D might make a huge leap. They’ve got a ton of talent with a good coordinator and, theoretically, an offense that won’t bury them repeatedly. 

Imagine how good the Browns could have been if NE didn't screw them over by refusing to take a better trade offer for Jimmy G.  They could have taken Barkley #1 and had their QB of the future already in place.

John Ross falls down leading to a Dalton pick 6. Ross and football fields haven't really meshed well so far in his career. 

Mayfield looking great. Moving around the pocket, throwing accurate balls, quick release. Callaway failing him right now. Dropped two balls so far.

CLE o-line hasn't been good

ETA - both pass blocking and run

Last edited by a moderator:
Mayfield so far has converted a 3rd and 18 and a 3rd and 6. Callaway dropped a sure fire TD that he put in on a dime.

4th and 2 Mayfield scrambles for 1st down. 2nd run for a first this drive. Chubb not looking great so far but the line hasn’t been great either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Callaway with his third drop on the two point conversion. I still fail to see how Coleman = not worthy of a second chance and Callaway = just now has red flags, Gordon = as many attempts as he wants to make. 

Preseason or not Mixon's reception TD was impressive. He showed pretty crazy balance after spinning out of a second attempted tackle on his way to the end zone. Gio was nowhere to be found on CIN's opening drive, Mixon was in on every down. 
Gio seemed to get all of the next (full) series and was effective.

-QG

When did Mayfield come in? Taylor?
End of the 1st. He didn’t see any first team defense but he looked real sharp against the Giants second teamers except for one blitz. Callaway dropped three balls, one was slightly off target but he should have dropped zero.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
Titans TD Darius Jennings. James Lofton calls it a play right out of the Patriots playbook. Slant almost pick with Jennings getting a quick pass

This is what sucks about the Browns. Mayfield is a billion percent better than Taylor, and should be the starter day one.

Too bad Hue Jackson and his arrogant dumb-### will continue to start Taylor because Jackson is the one driving the bus.

If I was Dorsey I would have fired that idiot the moment those words came out of his mouth last night. 

Mayfield shuffles in the pocket and throws off target to an open Higgins, first down. Guy looks right out there. They need to at least let him compete with Tyrod.

This is what sucks about the Browns. Mayfield is a billion percent better than Taylor, and should be the starter day one.

Too bad Hue Jackson and his arrogant dumb-### will continue to start Taylor because Jackson is the one driving the bus.

If I was Dorsey I would have fired that idiot the moment those words came out of his mouth last night. 
I won’t disagree about Hue but sitting Mayfield is the right call. No harm will be done letting him sit and observe. 

Users who are viewing this thread