Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

NFL Preseason 2018 Game Observations Thread

1 minute ago, ffldrew said:

Freeman looks like he is playing bigger - he has the 20lbs on Booker. When they get close it looks like they are going to lean on Freeman - so far. One of the Broncos shortcomings has been goal line carries and they are looking for the answer. 

I know, I know. I'm just being irrationally hateful towards Freeman.

5 minutes ago, ffldrew said:

Chad Kelly in with the 2s now for the Broncos. See ya Paxton Lynch

And a sweet little drive capped by a great inside post throw up the seam - a bullet for the TD

To who? Dude that caught it made it look easy.......

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

Sutton

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Courtland Sutton - 2nd rd pick from SMU - he's going to be one of those intriguing guys this year. Could be a boom could be a bust - as a 2nd round pick he's going to get some shots. Not sure its going to be enough with this Bronco offense.

• Like 1

If anyone local is watching the Texans-49'ers game, did Coutee play at tonight?

37 minutes ago, Elevencents said:

Brandon Weeden still has a job?!

For two more weeks at least

• Like 1

That screen Taylor took to the house looked way too easy. And before that screen Lewis was juking players out of their shoes. Between Davis, Taylor, Walker, Henry, Lewis and Mariota this offense looks pretty damn exciting. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

If Gurley were to ever miss time I'd want to own John Kelly. I wonder if he can move up the depth chart by the start of the reg season. 

Kelly is Alex Collins 2.0 basically.  Give it a year or 2 to wind up in a much better situation (hopefully) and he could be a lead back.  He had all the tools until the NFL deemed him worthy of a 6th round pick.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Penguin said:

If anyone local is watching the Texans-49'ers game, did Coutee play at tonight?

He pulled a hamstring a few weeks ago. Not sure if he’s returned from that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFS171 said:

He pulled a hamstring a few weeks ago. Not sure if he’s returned from that. 

Yep, still out

13 hours ago, Milkman said:

Um, to the guy you’ve been pimping relentlessly in the Courtland Sutton thread.

:rollseyes:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

Dak has been targeting Swaim and Jarwin a ton on these drives. The DAL pass catchers are a puzzle likely not worth solving. 

This is exactly where I’m at. Ever since they said Hurns was losing out to Cole Beasley for 2 WR sets I was out. I think Jarwin is worth keeping an eye on. TE Targets can be hard to come by in the season. Dallas has a lot of those available with a QB who has enjoyed targeting the TE so far in his career.

10 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Um, to the guy you’ve been pimping relentlessly in the Courtland Sutton thread.

:rollseyes:

Say it ain't so! Better get on that train bro! Lolol

11 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

This is exactly where I’m at. Ever since they said Hurns was losing out to Cole Beasley for 2 WR sets I was out. I think Jarwin is worth keeping an eye on. TE Targets can be hard to come by in the season. Dallas has a lot of those available with a QB who has enjoyed targeting the TE so far in his career.

From everything I gather Jarwin is like another WR, Swaim is Witten-(super)lite, and if Rico makes the team he will be a red zone target and on long passing downs he will line up at receiver..

Shultz to the practice squad or cut.

21 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Kelly is Alex Collins 2.0 basically.  Give it a year or 2 to wind up in a much better situation (hopefully) and he could be a lead back.  He had all the tools until the NFL deemed him worthy of a 6th round pick.  

They aren't letting him go, teams rarely let promising guys on rookie deals go, Seattle was extra stupid there.  Brown is in the last year of his cheap rookie deal so Kelly is the next one up for that role.

10 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

They aren't letting him go, teams rarely let promising guys on rookie deals go, Seattle was extra stupid there.  Brown is in the last year of his cheap rookie deal so Kelly is the next one up for that role.

So as of today, is Brown the cuff to Gurley, or are people thinking Kelly is going to be next man up this season?

IMO Brown would be more likely simply due to experience.  If Gurley goes down there's no replacing him and the coaches will probably prefer someone they trust to make the right reads, pick up blitzes, hit the right holes and take what's blocked.  Avoid mistakes and don't create 2nd and 11's.  If Kelly earns that trust I prefer his talent.

• Like 1

Very interesting MNF game now with Colts vs Ravens

- How does Luck look?

- Who does Luck target?

- Can anyone step up in the Indy backfield?

How does Lamar Jackson look?

Who are the Ravens skill players to target?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

I'm going to go ahead and assume Michael ran the wrong route on that INT.

Considering he was standing out of bounds, we can assume he did something wrong there. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

This new MNF crew is AWFUL.

This may be the worst announcing tandem I've ever heard. Just brutal.

And how do they not replay the helmet penalty that was called?

• Like 1

I like Tessatore when he covers boxing and college football. He does seem to be trying a bit too hard right now. 

Idk if they thought they'd catch lightning in a bottle a second time like what was done with Romo, but Witten is really really bad

• Like 3

Just now, SameSongNDance said:

:lmao: This game is so ugly. Everything about it, it's killing my enthusiasm. 

If there's one thing you have to test out and get right in the preseason its checkdown after checkdown and running out of shotgun on 3rd and long. whew

Witten using some of that hair powder in a can stuff.

Edited by The General

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Idk if they thought they'd catch lightning in a bottle a second time like what was done with Romo, but Witten is really really bad

Why do so many Cowboys get prime gigs like this? Witten, Romo, Aikman, Irvin, Jimmy Johnson. Even Emmitt got a chance but he was epically bad.

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Why do so many Cowboys get prime gigs like this? Witten, Romo, Aikman, Irvin, Jimmy Johnson. Even Emmitt got a chance but he was epically bad.

"America's Team"

I want to be generous and say that Witten sounds so unprepared because he didn't officially retire until deep in the offseason, so maybe he thought he'd play instead...but watching All or Nothing with the Cowboys last season, its extremely clear that Witten and the team knew he was retiring after the last game.

Edit: And now that I think about it, maybe he did announce his retirement earlier in the offseason

Edited by ConnSKINS26

Luck still loves Jack Doyle. Arm looks strong still. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

"America's Team"

I want to be generous and say that Witten sounds so unprepared because he didn't officially retire until deep in the offseason, so maybe he thought he'd play instead...but watching All or Nothing with the Cowboys last season, its extremely clear that Witten and the team knew he was retiring after the last game.

I call BS on America's Team. I have never met anyone in my life that likes Dalls and wasn't from Texas or California. 

Just now, Ilov80s said:

I call BS on America's Team. I have never met anyone in my life that likes Dalls and wasn't from Texas or California. 

Unless they're the classic 90's Cowboys/Lakers or Bulls/Yankees/Duke fans, this has been my experience as well. Most 9ers fans I've met who aren't from SF fall into this criteria as well. I think even most Cowboys fans will admit the "America's Team" thing is a marketing/media gimmick that caught on. But whether its total crap, merely perception, or actual truth, I think its obviously the reason why there are so many Cowboys getting these jobs. 

To be fair, I'm a Skins fan who grew up in CT so I get lots of questions. Usually assuming I'm old enough to have jumped on the bandwagon in the 80's and then being confused when they find out I've only been alive for the suckage since. I'm sure there are Cowboys fans like that too.

• Like 1

Just now, RushHour said:

C-Mike doesn't exactly look shot out of a cannon.

He's still got a nifty jump-cut at the line sometimes but yeah, he doesn't look like a freak in space right now. Of course he's not seeing much space

23 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I like Tessatore when he covers boxing and college football. He does seem to be trying a bit too hard right now. 

Yep. Way over the top

31 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

:hey:

31 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Really? It’s become less prevalent because they’ve stunk for a while now but I’ve seen (and know) plenty of people in NY and NJ that are Cowboy fans. Some are older and have been with them since their first glory days though.

I want to love Lamar, especially in fantasy with his rushing potential. But he looks so much like bad RG3. He definitely has good RG3 upside as well, but he doesn't flick it with incredible power like Griffin did either. Hopefully he can avoid injury and then progress mentally in a way Griffin never did. 

3 minutes ago, Ranethe said:

:hey:

1 minute ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Really? It’s become less prevalent because they’ve stunk for a while now but I’ve seen (and know) plenty of people in NY and NJ that are Cowboy fans. Some are older and have been with them since their first glory days though.

Maybe it is regional. Around here, all the NFL bandwagon fans seem like Steelers fans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

Maybe it is regional. Around here, all the NFL bandwagon fans seem like Steelers fans. 

I know a lot of Steelers fans as well.