What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Preseason 2018 Game Observations Thread (1 Viewer)

Kerryon getting the bulk of the snaps since that drive, but the 3rd string QB isn't doing him any favors. Offense has ground to a halt.

Have had Richard sitting on my bench for the last couple of years. I love me some Lynch and can understand why he’s there but it would have been interesting to see Richard and Washington as an RBBC. I think they’re both talented enough. Plus, Richard is only 24 so it seems like if you are gonna pass the reins now is the time. 

Nice to see Chris Warren out there doing some good things. He’ll probably never get a real shot but if he did, he’d be pretty interesting. 

Because he’s trash with nothing but TD only upside. Everyone though Gillislee was going to be goalline all season last year and they ended up with 195 lb Dion Lewis as the goalline back.

Guice on Twitter
He looked a lot more than a goal line back. Caught a couple passes. Looked much quicker.

And even if he is just a little more than a goal line back I tend to think that Mr. Burkhead is WAY overvalued right now.

With Cousins, a healthy Cook, & that D, I don't think there's any question the Vikings should be considered the favorites in the NFC this season. 

Personal foul call on a solo arm tackle to the head as player is falling down not sure what a defender is supposed to do there- I hope this isn't the real deal in the regular season

Personal foul call on a solo arm tackle to the head as player is falling down not sure what a defender is supposed to do there- I hope this isn't the real deal in the regular season
You know it will be. It’s every ####### year. I think they do it just to point shave.

The female lead announcer for the Raider/Lion game doesn't know the players. :(
She has mispronounced, completely, at least 3 players and we are a couple minutes into the second quarter.
Every team has a media guide they give out that includes the name pronunciations. i.e. she is horrible at her job.
Jennifer “The Hammer” Hammond

Hammond, the 2015 Ty Tyson "Excellence in Sports Broadcasting Award" winner, is a sports reporter for WJBK-TV FOX 2. The two-time EMMY Award winner has covered Detroit sports for FOX 2 since 1997. She returned to Detroit in 1994 to work for WDFN after getting her on-camera start on CLTV with the morning traffic reports and later as the morning sports anchor. Hammond got her start in the field in the Sports Information department at Western Michigan in 1983.

Maybe she was hammered

:shrug:

Hammond, the 2015 Ty Tyson "Excellence in Sports Broadcasting Award" winner, is a sports reporter for WJBK-TV FOX 2. The two-time EMMY Award winner has covered Detroit sports for FOX 2 since 1997. She returned to Detroit in 1994 to work for WDFN after getting her on-camera start on CLTV with the morning traffic reports and later as the morning sports anchor. Hammond got her start in the field in the Sports Information department at Western Michigan in 1983.

Maybe she was hammered

Yeah shes awful.....

Giving Cooks the contact they did instead of taking care of Donald first was asinine.  I hope Donald sits out all season just to screw them. 
I agree they should take care of Donald but when the guy is asking for a crazy contract like that what are they supposed to do? They have a franchise QB they are going to have to take care of. They are going to franchise Donald for two years after this and then let him walk. 

Cooks took less than he could have gotten on the free market. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Great just what we need Isiah McKenzie returns a punt for TD...can't wait until he fumbles/muffs in the regular season. I don't trust him.

David Johnson looked as good as he ever has on two runs, before heading to the bench.

Chase Edmonds ran almost as well behind him, including a wild TD run crawling over downed linemen in front of him.

Arizona may not be as dead as we thought...

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Maybe she was hammered

To be fair, as far as I know she's never done play-by-play, and probably got volunteered to do so..  She's a local beat reporter/network sports person.  I have no idea why she would be doing the play-by-play.  It's like your local 11:00 news sports anchor getting the assignment.

To be fair, as far as I know she's never done play-by-play, and probably got volunteered to do so..  She's a local beat reporter/network sports person.  I have no idea why she would be doing the play-by-play.  It's like your local 11:00 news sports anchor getting the assignment.
She wasn’t doing play by play she was sideline. Matt “Shep” Shepard and Chris Spielman did the broadcast. This is the Lions Preseason crew.

She’s  been around for years on the lions sideline but saying she was just plain awful. 

She wasn’t doing play by play she was sideline. Matt “Shep” Shepard and Chris Spielman did the broadcast. This is the Lions Preseason crew.

She’s  been around for years on the lions sideline but saying she was just plain awful. 
Got it.  My misunderstanding.  If she can't do the sideline stuff, bash away!

Herb said:
I tend to agree but doubt Eagles, Saints, Falcons, Rams or Packer fans agree.  Or Panthers.  Or Cowboys.
All those teams are contenders, but when I look at it objectively, the Vikings simply stand out.

Each season is its own entity. It essentially doesn't matter what happened the year before. You've got to look at the talent as things stand right now. In other words, the current landscape.

Roc Thomas is very fast.

The Vikings offensive line hasn't been as bad as feared it might be.
:wub:

Drafted him 4th round of rookie draft back in May.  It's going to be tough for him to crack the top 24 and stick, but another game like last night will make for some interesting decisions.

Style-wise and size, he reminds me of LeSean McCoy - very loose hips, pretty footwork, nice vision, and good body composition for the position. Looks to have good hands too. His speed on the field looks a lot faster than 4.56, probably due to great acceleration burst.

I'm rooting for this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread