Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyU

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread

29 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

She was referring to the overarching idea and not a specific garden in Brooklyn. I think this is zero in noteworthiness but it made some great headlines like “Cauliflower is racist.” If what she says is dumb, it is almost always followed be equally as dumb reactions. 

The overreaching idea is nothing but more rhetoric designed to push how minorities are oppressed in every way. 

It is stupid to bring up. You cant call a place a food desert but then also say that the reason the community garden didnt work is because you had colonialist food. I would bet the number of food items in a gas station convenience store that arent "colonial" is pretty small. 

It is especially ridiculous to even use cauliflower as an example. 

According to Christine Couvelier, a culinary trendologist (yes, that's the job title, not a word I made up, although somebody surely did) at Metro News, this cruciferous veggie will outdo even kale as a favored recipe and menu ingredient in 2014.

In Mexico, cauliflower has been a market staple for as long as I can remember — since 1987. No hype required, just lovely heads of white florets standing out among the greens in the mercado. When I first started shopping at the Cholula market all those years ago, coliflor was one of the vegetables that were comfortingly familiar, well before even broccoli started showing up on a regular basis.

In fact due to the year round expectation these days of fruits and vegetables there arent very many things that arent regularly grown south of the border. Just look at the produce section labels next time you are at the gas station. 

2 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

The overreaching idea is nothing but more rhetoric designed to push how minorities are oppressed in every way. 

It is stupid to bring up. You cant call a place a food desert but then also say that the reason the community garden didnt work is because you had colonialist food. I would bet the number of food items in a gas station convenience store that arent "colonial" is pretty small. 

It is especially ridiculous to even use cauliflower as an example. 

According to Christine Couvelier, a culinary trendologist (yes, that's the job title, not a word I made up, although somebody surely did) at Metro News, this cruciferous veggie will outdo even kale as a favored recipe and menu ingredient in 2014.

In Mexico, cauliflower has been a market staple for as long as I can remember — since 1987. No hype required, just lovely heads of white florets standing out among the greens in the mercado. When I first started shopping at the Cholula market all those years ago, coliflor was one of the vegetables that were comfortingly familiar, well before even broccoli started showing up on a regular basis.

In fact due to the year round expectation these days of fruits and vegetables there arent very many things that arent regularly grown south of the border. Just look at the produce section labels next time you are at the gas station. 

Yeah I know it was a bad example. We’ve covered that. This is really unimportant in the big picture of the world politics right now imo.