What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Regular Season Jibber Jabber/Snap Count Master Thread (1 Viewer)

massraider

Footballguy
Taping the Steelers/Eagles game, try and see who's playing LB and S for Steelers.  

Taping my Raiders tonight vs. Lions, wanna see Lions LBs (Reeves-Maybin gonna make my team this year??), and Raiders LBs, and rookies Key and Hurst.  

Falcons at Jets later tonight, anyone give me a reason to watch this?  I cannot come up with one.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Taping the Steelers/Eagles game, try and see who's playing LB and S for Steelers.  

Taping my Raiders tonight vs. Lions, wanna see Lions LBs (Reeves-Maybin gonna make my team this year??), and Raiders LBs, and rookies Key and Hurst.  

Falcons at Jets later tonight, anyone give me a reason to watch this?  I cannot come up with one.  
D. Lee and A. Williamson new LB's for the Jets...I would think it'd be interesting to see how good they look / whether either is a 3-down guy. D. Davis was a monster last year.

Falcons have some changes in their front, as well. Claiborne gone to NE so coveted DE snaps on a 4 man line going to.... Takk or Brooks Reed? Duke Riley full time at WLB?

I’m interested to know how Burks looked on the field for GB. Nice boxscore but it’s tough to know if you don’t see the game. Similar interest in Jayon Brown.

Looking at some Steelers fan message boards the consensus seems to be that Matakevich looked bad....but their LBs all struggled. It’s going to be a problem for them this year.

Is Jarrod Davis hurt or just sitting out?  I never saw him on the field tonight.

ETA:  I missed Oakland's first drive and the Lynch TD (called back by penalty).  Just saw replay and saw Davis shoot the gap and take himself out of the play.  I guess he started.  Just haven't seen him since.

Reeves-Maybin had a rough 2 minute drill vs. OAK in coverage.  

Dorian O'Daniel might not be worth my roster spot.  He's been banged up as well, I'm hoping he shows something rest of preseason.

Duke Riley had a ummm, rough night. LOL

Steelers defense:

- First look at the "Dollar" defense with the starting group in the secondary: Outside CB: Summers (Haden when healthy) and Artie Nickel CB: Mike Hilton Dime LB: Cam Sutton Dollar LB/ILB: Morgan Burnett FS: Sean Davis SS: Terrell Edmunds with Bud/Cam/Tuitt/Watt on the d-line
Davis and Burnett started at S.

Burks is on my short list of LBs to follow closely over the next two weeks. My hope is that he continues to show coaches consistent play without the big time publicity that can come with a potential expanded role. Fingers cross.

Hey did anyone watch that Youtube video posted above of Tremaine Edmunds snaps from preseason game 1??  I know it's just the first preseason game but he seemed to be not in on ANYTHING. really wasnt ever around the ball at all. I have bought in to the hype and was going to spend a relatively high rookie draft pick on him, but now i'm second guessing. He looked very average at best. Now i'm thinking that i should be prioritizing roquan smith over him. Any thoughts??

Hey did anyone watch that Youtube video posted above of Tremaine Edmunds snaps from preseason game 1??  I know it's just the first preseason game but he seemed to be not in on ANYTHING. really wasnt ever around the ball at all. I have bought in to the hype and was going to spend a relatively high rookie draft pick on him, but now i'm second guessing. He looked very average at best. Now i'm thinking that i should be prioritizing roquan smith over him. Any thoughts??
Rookie in his first ever NFL action, kids 20, I’m gonna cut him some slack and not worry. I’m only in two leagues and drafted him in both, I hope and expect he will be fine and the stats will play that out. Everything I have heard so far is positive for him and has already assumed a leader role. 

I don't feel like a new thread is required, and this does feel like grade A jibber jabber, so bringing it here.... :D

I'm seeing some discrepancies in LB positions between Roto and Ourlads that merit some attention. 

LAC - Perryman listed as WLB with Pullard as MLB. All notes/news have Pullard as a backup with Perryman as MLB, Brown as WLB, Emmanuel as SLB.

I'll look some more later since I thought there was another team or two that had similar discrepancies but can't find them now. The short version of why I found it is a league that massively overdrafts LBs (1.06 Edmunds 1.07 Roquan 1.12 Evans & Vander + Burks in 2nd o_O) forced me to preemptively add 5-6 rookie LBs to stash, Kyzir White being one of those stashes.

I don't feel like a new thread is required, and this does feel like grade A jibber jabber, so bringing it here.... :D

I'm seeing some discrepancies in LB positions between Roto and Ourlads that merit some attention. 

LAC - Perryman listed as WLB with Pullard as MLB. All notes/news have Pullard as a backup with Perryman as MLB, Brown as WLB, Emmanuel as SLB.

I'll look some more later since I thought there was another team or two that had similar discrepancies but can't find them now. The short version of why I found it is a league that massively overdrafts LBs (1.06 Edmunds 1.07 Roquan 1.12 Evans & Vander + Burks in 2nd o_O) forced me to preemptively add 5-6 rookie LBs to stash, Kyzir White being one of those stashes.
Finally circled back to this and found Indy to be the other discrepancy. Roto shows Morrison as MLB with Walker as his backup but all reports and ourlads showing Walker as the likely MLB even with his missed time for injury.

JoeSteeler said:
Damontae Kazee getting some praise. 11 tackles vs the Jets, not sure if he is in line to start or not.

Listed as S on rotoworld but apparently plays CB as well....could be in line for a position change on MFL

https://www.myajc.com/sports/football/kazee-looking-follow-bone-rattling-performance-against-chiefs/VqYaXpfL8uMXdiLPVNp8RI/
I don’t think he will start but he’ll play a mix of corner and safety as a third DB type - they love his versatility. He flies around so much though that I think he can have good value even if he doesn’t start. I rushed to pick him up after that preseason game

Several mentions over the last week of rookie safety Jordan Whitehead in Tampa Bay. Currently, Evans is listed as FS on Roto with Conte as SS and Whitehead buried well below others at SS. Ourlads lists both as simply "S" with no free/strong designation (though they do this with LB, too, omitting W/S and simply listing as OLB)

Anyone watching TB games/tape or have some further info on the scheme TB will be running defensively? Conte has always been a classic case of JAG so Whitehead could be a solid sleeper/stash.

not sure where to put this but Randy Gregory quietly reinstated and has looked great in limited practices....something to keep an eye on...still only 25 years old

I'm watching the Browns Bills game now.  He's not looking good in this game either.  

Which is notable, but if I owned him, which I don't, I wouldn't panic.  

My main thought about him is that he's young, so young.  One of the youngest players in the league.  And they moved him to MLB.  He doesn't have MLB vision right now.   :shrug: Maybe they move him outside, less traffic, etc.  

We know this, no matter what, he's playing.  They don't have anyone else.  

not sure where to put this but Randy Gregory quietly reinstated and has looked great in limited practices....something to keep an eye on...still only 25 years old

And has sabotaged his own career as much as Gordon has.  Talented, but who knows how long it will be before he’s suspended again?

Several mentions over the last week of rookie safety Jordan Whitehead in Tampa Bay. Currently, Evans is listed as FS on Roto with Conte as SS and Whitehead buried well below others at SS. Ourlads lists both as simply "S" with no free/strong designation (though they do this with LB, too, omitting W/S and simply listing as OLB)

Anyone watching TB games/tape or have some further info on the scheme TB will be running defensively? Conte has always been a classic case of JAG so Whitehead could be a solid sleeper/stash.
this. Conte has been terrible since he was with the Bears. Back in those days, his orders from the coaches was "keep the play in *front* of you". he shouldn't be a starter in the NFL.

Isn’t he the youngest player in the league? Maybe chill a bit. I think it was always that Roquan was a known commodity and Edmunds was the one with Elite Tier 1 upside. If you don’t like the learning curve go with Roquan.

Marquel Lee has had a positive camp for OAK, and shown well in games.  Not worth a roster spot, at the moment, but one for the watch list.

Thoughts on Solomon Thomas?
He should be rostered in all but the most shallow of leagues. With Armstead completely unable to stay off the injury reports, it's a safe bet that Thomas is a snap count leader each week for SF. Armstead is a watchlist player that should be snapped up quick if he's healthy. Julian Taylor is a solid watch with 1st team reps as DE despite being listed as DT on MFL at the moment. Definitely a name to keep an eye on as a potential Kerry Hyder situation (DT listing 2 years ago made him a top DT when he played DE after injury to starting DE). Need to keep watch on his designation, though, since he's not even on the Roto depth chart, so it could change if he ascends.

Back to Tampa defensive scheme.... anyone know if they run a traditional SS / FS and, if so, which player is SS?

massraider said:
Marquel Lee has had a positive camp for OAK, and shown well in games.  Not worth a roster spot, at the moment, but one for the watch list.
i'm not so sure. there is too much chatter about how poorly DJ has played to this point and conversely how good Lee has. DJ might start week 1 but i'm beginning to think Lee is worth grabbing off the WW soon. 

i'm not so sure. there is too much chatter about how poorly DJ has played to this point and conversely how good Lee has. DJ might start week 1 but i'm beginning to think Lee is worth grabbing off the WW soon. 
I agree. I do think that lots of articles, blurbs, etc. tend to stem from the same quote or game, but staying ahead of the curve on this one means the best bet is to add Lee as an end-of-roster stash through camp. If he does keep the starting MLB spot he'll be much more costly once that's announced. Right now all recent articles harp on the production in limited snaps vs. the Lions and mention how he's getting time as the 1 while DJ gets sub-package work. There's always the chance they don't like Lee's coverage skills and he's not a 3 down guy to start the year. Reading the tea leaves, however, I'd say he's likely to get the chance to prove himself early. Banking on youth, and as full disclosure, I've added him in my leagues. 

Did anyone see when Z Franklin played last night? I totally forgot it was on, but I saw he had like 9 total tackles. I feel like Indy is a spot that a good scoring FF LB is going to emerge and it may be a surprise player. 

Oren Burks may have dislocated his shoulder. We'll find out soon.

Kenny Young making push in BAL, and Rotoworld had a blurb on it, so even casual IDP guys will be on him.

I think Burks was almost guaranteed to play a lot, it seems they kinda pushed him in and the Packers seemed pretty happy with him. But if he’s out long term, it could be Thomas in there, which doesn’t bode well for the team but for FF may be a guy to snag on the cheap with Ryan already done for the year. 

Edited to add that, Clay may end up back in the middle, if the team doesn’t like Thomas to play a lot of snaps. Then I assume Gilbert gets more snaps outside and he’s been the best pass rusher for us this preseason. 

Oren Burks may have dislocated his shoulder. We'll find out soon.

Kenny Young making push in BAL, and Rotoworld had a blurb on it, so even casual IDP guys will be on him.
They said he hurt himself in warmups, how the heck do you dislocate a shoulder during warmups?

(Rotoworld) Philly.com's Les Bowen believes Eagles LB Kamu Grugier-Hill will be the team's starting weakside linebacker.

Analysis: Grugier-Hill was on the field for 45 snaps Friday, more than any other Eagle. He always had an outside chance to start the season opener in place of Nigel Bradham, who will be out serving a one-game suspension, but Grugier-Hill was notably used in base defense over Corey Nelson Friday. Bowen additionally writes that it would be a "huge surprise if Nelson even made the team, much less started." Nate Gerry figures to rotate in with Grugier-Hill, as well.

The more I watch Tremaine Edmunds the more I like 58 Milano. Hes doing well in clean up as Edmunds stack the point of attack. They did use Milano on interior blitzes a few times freeing Edmunds to make the play and Edmunds looked good doing it. Bill defense will be on the field often. If you've missed out on Edmunds Milano looks like he is going to have tackle opportunity in bunches

Fool-on-Stoopid said:
The more I watch Tremaine Edmunds the more I like 58 Milano. Hes doing well in clean up as Edmunds stack the point of attack. They did use Milano on interior blitzes a few times freeing Edmunds to make the play and Edmunds looked good doing it. Bill defense will be on the field often. If you've missed out on Edmunds Milano looks like he is going to have tackle opportunity in bunches
Edmunds looks like he's going to be one of those "bad on the field, good in the boxscore" guys.

I think Burks was almost guaranteed to play a lot, it seems they kinda pushed him in and the Packers seemed pretty happy with him. But if he’s out long term, it could be Thomas in there, which doesn’t bode well for the team but for FF may be a guy to snag on the cheap with Ryan already done for the year. 

Edited to add that, Clay may end up back in the middle, if the team doesn’t like Thomas to play a lot of snaps. Then I assume Gilbert gets more snaps outside and he’s been the best pass rusher for us this preseason. 

Luckily however, it appears that Burks' shoulder injury is not very serious. Head coach Mike McCarthy said as much in his Sunday press conference, and although he did not give a timeline for Burks' return, he said the injury should not be "a long term deal."

GB also traded one of their future CB cuts to IND for Morrison - so they added some depth with a Jake Ryan clone.

Did I miss something with Josh Jones? He was just dropped in a dynasty league of mine. Sometimes I feel like I’m taking crazy pills with the IDP’s left out there.

Did I miss something with Josh Jones? He was just dropped in a dynasty league of mine. Sometimes I feel like I’m taking crazy pills with the IDP’s left out there.
Probably just that he's one of a whole pile of safeties with potential value, but equally likely replacable.  DB is a pretty easy position to find middling value at, so when cuts are needed, it's a good place to trim fat.

If you have a need at S, he's worth picking up.  The LB injuries in Green Bay could mean more "in the box" nickel-linebacker type looks than he was expected to get a few weeks ago.

He still has Brice ahead of him. Big potential but, as Arodin mentions, there's lots of them. Definitely a nice add if you can get him b/c of the injury bug claiming LBs in GBay but he's not guaranteed a full time role to start the season. I wouldn't call it a wise cut but that depends entirely on what that team has at S, roster size in general, and lineups.

Bruce Irvin is listed as LB in fleaflicker - is that sticking?
I don't know what fleaflicker uses for designations (or if your commish has control of it) but Irvin is DE on any depth chart site. Seems wrong, but that doesn't mean it will be corrected.

Probably just that he's one of a whole pile of safeties with potential value, but equally likely replacable.  DB is a pretty easy position to find middling value at, so when cuts are needed, it's a good place to trim fat.

If you have a need at S, he's worth picking up.  The LB injuries in Green Bay could mean more "in the box" nickel-linebacker type looks than he was expected to get a few weeks ago.

He still has Brice ahead of him. Big potential but, as Arodin mentions, there's lots of them. Definitely a nice add if you can get him b/c of the injury bug claiming LBs in GBay but he's not guaranteed a full time role to start the season. I wouldn't call it a wise cut but that depends entirely on what that team has at S, roster size in general, and lineups.

I don't know what fleaflicker uses for designations (or if your commish has control of it) but Irvin is DE on any depth chart site. Seems wrong, but that doesn't mean it will be corrected.
Thanks guys. I run pretty thin on S anyway but certain guys with the LB/S possibility I try to keep rostered over cuts. Definitely was a trimming the fat kind of deal but I’m going to try to stash to enhance my own depth. 

Users who are viewing this thread