Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
massraider

Regular Season Jibber Jabber/Snap Count Master Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

 Any have expectations on what we see out of the Green Bay secondary on Sunday night verse Pats. Will Tramon Williams getting the nod at safety be productive in the safety roll? Will Jaire Alexander continue to produce for us with the match up? Trying to uncover a weekly fill in for anyone who needs based on byes...

Williams is a grab and start for me unless the CB options you have are really strong. He's a rangy guy that just knows how to play and will now be in line to get more tackles than a CB normally gets. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Williams is a grab and start for me unless the CB options you have are really strong. He's a rangy guy that just knows how to play and will now be in line to get more tackles than a CB normally gets. 

Agreed.  Worth a flyer in any CB-required league, especially with so many byes.

In a generic DB type league, I don’t think I trust GB safeties enough to make Williams interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2018 at 5:03 PM, saintfool said:

Couple of early disappointments from players on my squads: Avery Wiliamson, Vic Beasley, Hyder, Farley, and maybe Amos. Wiliamson had been a steady, reliable tackler but he's not doing much in the Bowles system. Beasley is MIA again. Hyder was a roll of the dice. Farley was a gamble and buried on my roster. Amos may not get the same production with the front 7 gashing the opposition and disrupting their playcalling.

Most of these guys are in danger of getting dropped in favor of trending players. Curious to hear what other standbys are looking like disappointments from the gang here...

looking at this some 6 weeks later. I've only kept Williamson and Amos. I start Avery every week and Amos only as needed. The rest got dropped and I'm not missing them. 

Anyone else made decisions from the beginning of the season like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random dud from Justin Simmons. Played all defensive snaps and ended up with 1 solo. Not like he's a stud or anything,  but he's been a pretty consistent 5-7 tackle type guy. Lucky for me his week didn't sink me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheCenci said:

Random dud from Justin Simmons. Played all defensive snaps and ended up with 1 solo. Not like he's a stud or anything,  but he's been a pretty consistent 5-7 tackle type guy. Lucky for me his week didn't sink me.

Jarrad Davis as well.  I figured he would have a big game against the Vikes but one stinking tackle.  Terrible.

Edited by Gally
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add Bradley McDougald to the list. A big fat zero this week!

Reshad Jones pulling himself out of the game 10 snaps in was a gut punch too. 1 Solo Tackle??!!

Edited by northern exposure
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully only one more week of Jamie Collins taking up space in the Browns defense.  Vallejo isn't anything special, but he was a whole lot more effective in his limited role than that waste of talent.  Kirksey got injured and will probably be held out this week, but hopefully both him and Schobert are back after the bye then this bum gets kicked to the curb.

In related news, enjoy your week Tevin Coleman owners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, northern exposure said:

Add Bradley McDougald to the list. A big fat zero this week!

Reshad Jones pulling himself out of the game 10 snaps in was a gut punch too. 1 Solo Tackle??!!

McDougald was injured and only played 27 snaps

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, northern exposure said:

I think I saw that he was out with a knee problem, but then returned to the game later.

He had a knee injury going into the game and only played the first half.  He was out after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Sean Lee will be 'out awhile' with hamstring injury

In more surprising news, the sky is blue.

 

Bruce Irvin signed with ATL... probably worth a speculative add as a guy that, like Amari Cooper, suddenly doesn't completely suck anymore. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 9:31 AM, MAC_32 said:

Hopefully only one more week of Jamie Collins taking up space in the Browns defense.  Vallejo isn't anything special, but he was a whole lot more effective in his limited role than that waste of talent.  Kirksey got injured and will probably be held out this week, but hopefully both him and Schobert are back after the bye then this bum gets kicked to the curb.

In related news, enjoy your week Tevin Coleman owners.

Kirksey to IR looks like Vallejo is the pickup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that's nuts. Kirksey out so Collins & Avery or will Vallejo take the 3 down role?

Avery was at 63% and Vallejo at 62% last week... time share?

Edited by Flying Elvis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kraft... said:

Kirksey to IR looks like Vallejo is the pickup

He may get a lot of run this week out of necessity, but post bye Schobert should come back.  As much as I despise Jamie Collins I can't imagine we'll see Vallejo over him.  Would love to be wrong.  Play more big nickel and mask his lack of range, but even if he gets early down work he's a tough fit on 3rd down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone hearing anything regarding Kendall Beckwith?  I saw a small note that he was practicing last week.  He could step into a huge role soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

In more surprising news, the sky is blue.

 

Bruce Irvin signed with ATL... probably worth a speculative add as a guy that, like Amari Cooper, suddenly doesn't completely suck anymore. 

Nah, I'm good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorenson is definitely interesting. Likely on waivers even in deep leagues (the other 3 are less likely to be available)... where does he fit? Replacing Parker or Lucas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sup_Yo said:

I believe his is taking over for Parker.

Thanks. The one I own... :( 

16 hours ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

does it matter he will replace any of them those guys suck 

They are not great options, but it does matter. If Sorensen takes one spot and the other is a 100% (ish) snap count for someone else, that someone else is still relevant, whereas the guy that goes to 0% (ish) is no longer worth a roster spot. Parker & Justin Evans are the starters on one of my teams (obviously my weakest position lol) and are ranked at 17 & 19 respectively. Nothing to write home about, but Parker goes into free fall if he's losing snaps.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any KC fans with info on what happened to A. Hitchens today? 

BIG ZERO today. ??

After some searching I found this 

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/11/anthony-hitchens-is-active-but-wont-start-for-chiefs/

Disappointing to say the least. He played last week and posted good numbers. Now they decide to sit him for rest? I know he has graded poorly. Perhaps there is more to this... 

Edited by Six-Burgh Steelers
Info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have that egg in my lineup, as well. I would say proceed with caution. The press on his play wasn't positive for most of the season, despite his excellent FF scores. The article you linked states he wasn't seen in warmups, which could mean they decided to rest him. I don't know how O'Daniel looked but it's entirely possible he takes the spot if he's doing better on the field than Hitchens did. My guess would be they'll give Hitchens another shot, though. They signed him to a pretty solid deal this year and the out they have in the contract is 2020. Dee Ford 89% and O'Daniel 59% were the top to LBs yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some situations to monitor include;

- KC: which flying Elvis just mentioned, although the most likely explanation is just the most obvious one. They flat one gave Hitchens the rest.

- chargers: perryman goes down. Without looking at the snap count numbers specifically, Jat Brown has been trending up so that should continue. Pullard might see a little bump, but I don’t see it significant enough to chase after him. Phillips might be a decent beneficiary as a DB add.

-Pitt: Bostoc was all over the field on Thursday. I understand it was a good match-up with a teaditional offense in Carolina but he produces. Needs to be rostered if he’s still not.

Anyone have other that are seeing change due to injury or just the timing of the season...?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna pull the trigger on Eric Wilson.  He's a guy I caught a whiff of last preseason but he hasn't gotten onto the field but he's been seeing snaps recently (injury?) so he might be a stach to keep an eye on.  My league uses FAAB which roll over year-to-year and are used in RFA so far too valuable to blow on those level dice rolls so I can't do it but he's a guy I am watching like a hawk.  Also Shawn-Dion Hamilton.  Not that there's an injury or snaps open, but I think if there were he'd be quite productive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

I wanna pull the trigger on Eric Wilson.  He's a guy I caught a whiff of last preseason but he hasn't gotten onto the field but he's been seeing snaps recently (injury?) so he might be a stach to keep an eye on.  My league uses FAAB which roll over year-to-year and are used in RFA so far too valuable to blow on those level dice rolls so I can't do it but he's a guy I am watching like a hawk.  Also Shawn-Dion Hamilton.  Not that there's an injury or snaps open, but I think if there were he'd be quite productive.

Wilson has been playing in place of Anthony Barr

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 3:59 PM, Six-Burgh Steelers said:

Any KC fans with info on what happened to A. Hitchens today? 

BIG ZERO today. ??

After some searching I found this 

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/11/anthony-hitchens-is-active-but-wont-start-for-chiefs/

Disappointing to say the least. He played last week and posted good numbers. Now they decide to sit him for rest? I know he has graded poorly. Perhaps there is more to this... 

He has injured ribs, so they let him rest up and heal further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lavonte David has sprained his MCL. Not sure who starts now.I see they signed Kevin Minter back yesterday

Edited by JoeSteeler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shawn Williams has been great.  Is this a function of the LB injury situation in front of him?  I am looking to add a DB and can't decide between Williams and Justin Reid (Hou) - who has also been outstanding the last few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gally said:

Shawn Williams has been great.  Is this a function of the LB injury situation in front of him?  I am looking to add a DB and can't decide between Williams and Justin Reid (Hou) - who has also been outstanding the last few weeks. 

That's part of it.  But.  Snap counts the last 3 games - KC 68 (Cincy 52), Tampa 77 (Cincy 61), NO 74 (Cincy 39).  The offense can't stay on the field and the defense can't get off it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

  The offense can't stay on the field and the defense can't get off it.

Hue is there now so look for this to change.

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

Hue is there now so look for this to change.

Whatever the question is, I am not sure Hue Jackson is the answer.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for those in need of DL help, Tyquan Lewis came back and played 54 snaps. Listed as a DE at MFL but listed as DT/DE at yahoo and maybe some other sites as well.

Edited by JoeSteeler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tin Cup said:

Whatever the question is, I am not sure Hue Jackson is the answer.

:sarcasm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i picked up and am stashing Goodson after his two solid weeks on limited playing time. Hopefully he’s shown the staff- that doesn’t like him much -that he’s earned some more reps. I’ll be watching and am hopeful for even a small uptick in playing time the next few weeks. 75% of snaps would create huge opportunity for Goodson because he’s proven that he can be around the ball when pushed into action. I think he’s as a good of a homerun chance as any IDP that’s sitting on your wire right now. Go get him for a week or two if you got an open roster spot.

 

 

 

Edited by BigAl21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigAl21 said:

i picked up and am stashing Goodson after his two solid weeks on limited playing time. Hopefully he’s shown the staff- that doesn’t like him much -that he’s earned some more reps. I’ll be watching and am hopeful for even a small uptick in playing time the next few weeks. 75% of snaps would create huge opportunity for Goodson because he’s proven that he can be around the ball when pushed into action. I think he’s as a good of a homerun chance as any IDP that’s sitting on your wire right now. Go get him for a week or two if you got an open roster spot.

 

 

 

His snap count sucks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardy Nickerson started and played 100% of snaps under Marvin Lewis new regime.

Burfict looks banged up and washed up, Evans is not good, Vigil & Brown are injured so let's see.

Edited by Young 8
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Young 8 said:

Hardy Nickerson started and play 100% of snaps under Marvin Lewis new regime.

Burfict looks banged up and washed up, Evans is not good, Vigil & Brown are injured so let's see.

Thanks to the report at like 1245 pm EST on Sunday, I was in a lb bad situation because of multiple week 11 bye week guys. Grabbed Nickerson and started him, very good game for a last minute play.  I wanted to grab E Wilson also and didn’t and now I won’t have a shot at him as he had a nice game and my WW slot is near the bottom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Nickerson worth a good hard look with Preston Brown on IR or with the return of Vigil mean him and Burfict are the only IDPs worth owning in Cinci? This defense will see opportunity that’s for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 8:48 AM, Young 8 said:

Hardy Nickerson started and played 100% of snaps under Marvin Lewis new regime.

Burfict looks banged up and washed up, Evans is not good, Vigil & Brown are injured so let's see.

while Evans isn't special, Nickerson isn't any better. in fact, last i checked, PFF rates Nickerson *behind* Evans but that would mean one puts stock in their grades.

honestly, i don't think there is much rhyme or reason to how Lewis views his personnel and players. Lewis just seems to be tapped out and praying for the season to end.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd week in a row I let Norton wreck me last week McDougald was his 6th ranked DB and sucked cost me 2 VP's and this week Jarred Davis was said to be a must play.........thanks for the 1 solo and 2 assists..............

 

DETROIT LIONS

With Mitchell Trubisky out for Thursday’s game, the Bears should rely more heavily on their running game. Considering Vikings middle linebacker Eric Kendricks had 12 solo stops against Chicago last week and opponents inside linebackers have averaged 7.2 since week five, Jarrad Davis is a must start this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure looks like Sheldon Rankins has hit his stride.

Got his 7th sack just now in the 2nd quarter of Turkeydays night game.

Sack leaders at DT (sorry Donald, your a 3-4 DE now with Heyward, Ionnaidis, Hicks, et al.) coming into week

  • G Atkins 7
  • S Rankins 6
  • D Buckner 6
  • J Reed 5.5
  • K Clark 5
  • J Hargrave 5
  • G McCoy 5

The bolded are all the same draft class of 2016.

Edited by BigSteelThrill
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured I'd drop Rankins after Richardson had his bye, but he kept earning another week and now I'm dropping Richardson the next time something shiny emerged and Rankins is my keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, MAC_32 said:

I figured I'd drop Rankins after Richardson had his bye, but he kept earning another week and now I'm dropping Richardson the next time something shiny emerged and Rankins is my keeper. 

We have a bonus for DT scoring that is significant (2 pt per tackle vs 1 pt for DE and 10 pts  for sack vs 8 pts).  I stocked up on DT with Short, Irving, Cox, Clark, Autry and Rankins.  I can play up to 3 each week.  I haven't been playing Rankins because of Short but he has been disappointing.  I may have to go away from the names.....hahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to the other T Edmunds? He had a very solid game 8 tackles and an assist. He playing closer to the line now or was this a fluke? I didn’t watch the game so that’s why I am asking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.