What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: Josh Adams RB, PHI (3 Viewers)

Just quickly looked up his college stats and doesn't seem like he was heavily involved as a pass catcher.  41/336/2 for his career in college.  Averaging 8.2 yards per catch as well. 

He isn't special as a pass catcher.  
True, probably safe to say he’s not a dynamic receiver. Although to be fair, he didn’t have many carries either so it’s an overall small body of work. Could also be a function of the offensive scheme at Notre Dame, which I admittedly am not familiar with.

True, probably safe to say he’s not a dynamic receiver. Although to be fair, he didn’t have many carries either so it’s an overall small body of work. Could also be a function of the offensive scheme at Notre Dame, which I admittedly am not familiar with.
I am not familiar either. However, looking at the numbers, his receptions appear to have been in line with his carries compared to teammates.

One of my highest rated prospects this year. Just not confident he'll get a good opportunity in Philly. Why Indy didnt sign him off Philly's practice squad I'll never know. 

Last edited by a moderator:
One of highest rated prospects this year. Just not confident he'll get a good opportunity in Philly. Why Indy didnt sign him off Philly's practice squad I'll never know. 
Sounds like he’ll get some more opportunities going forward, but the way the Eagles interchange their RBs, I agree it may not be a truly good opportunity. If nothing else, at least neither Clement or Smallwood are doing anything to keep Adams on the bench.

Sounds like he’ll get some more opportunities going forward, but the way the Eagles interchange their RBs, I agree it may not be a truly good opportunity. If nothing else, at least neither Clement or Smallwood are doing anything to keep Adams on the bench.
He's def worth stashing but it's unlikely the Philly coaching staff will give him anything close to heavy workload without several injuries. They just don't believe in using their RB like that. 

I would always go with the draft pedigree. The Eagles can say whatever they want, they're still a tough place to look for RBs b/c they run RBBC. Rah-Rah Pete will play the guy that earns it and Carson is oft-injured, while Penny can certainly be seen as earning it with a strong game. With all the bashing SEA has taken for selecting RB instead of filling a need, you have to figure ego will dictate Penny gets the chance going forward.
Somehow got Penny @ 11/14 on the wire.  Adams went #1. 

Agree w/ the draft pedigree theory (crossing fingers).  Maybe Pete looks at the tape and realizes what he has.

Sorry for the sidetrack.  GL to the new Adams owners.

flapgreen said:
No choice this weekend. Have to start him. 
I was in the same boat (still am, actually), but I dont' know how many (if any) passes he'd see, and I could see Philly having to throw A LOT to keep up with NO.  Might have to roll out Riddick ahead of him & hope he can catch a bunch of passes

I was in the same boat (still am, actually), but I dont' know how many (if any) passes he'd see, and I could see Philly having to throw A LOT to keep up with NO.  Might have to roll out Riddick ahead of him & hope he can catch a bunch of passes
I'm stuck between Adam's, Ito, and Mike Williams. 

Pederson kept to his word that Adams would get a few more touches, but I can’t see how he doesn’t get a longer look the rest of the way. All he has done is produce on his small sample size and even got involved in the passing game today.

Went with riddick?; might cost me my matchup.

Was nice to see Adams out there so much, even when Philly was down big.

Looks like the Eagles are finally wising up and ditching the 3-headed RBBC.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles plan to use Josh Adams as their feature back.

The Eagles are expected to ditch their three-back committee, with Adams getting the majority of carries moving forward. Adams has earned a larger role after averaging 6.6 YPC over the last four games. Locked in on early downs and the favorite for red-zone work, Adams should provide RB3 value down the stretch.

Good news for this guy. Probably won’t be starting on many good teams but don’t want some marginal team picking this guy up either and having him become a thing. Sitting on the back of my bench for last couple weeks.

Will be huge if true.

I'm in a RB mess in my dynasty league--started out Gurley/Bell/Collins

This week:  Starting Riddick and Adams.  Here's hoping for a huge game.

Good news for this guy. Probably won’t be starting on many good teams but don’t want some marginal team picking this guy up either and having him become a thing. Sitting on the back of my bench for last couple weeks.
Right now I have him in over Gronk for one league.  Also, even for real good dynasty teams he makes a great fill-in for studs on a bye, like Gurley and Hunt. 

They may be doing this out of necessity. Smallwood is terrible in pass protection and Clement hasn’t looked right all year, probably due to injury. But Adams is getting his shot and you might as well start him if you need him.

Why was he undrafted then?
He was threatening to sit out if drafted. He gets to choose the team he plays for, not the other way around.

He's taken care of some personal business he's had up until now and has now informed coach that he'll be starting going forward. 

He was threatening to sit out if drafted. He gets to choose the team he plays for, not the other way around.

He's taken care of some personal business he's had up until now and has now informed coach that he'll be starting going forward. 
I think you meant the coach informed him he will be starting going forward.

Why was DJ drafted after Ameer Abdullah? 

You don't have to agree right now. Adams is coming......
Oh don't get me wrong, I love me some Josh Adams.  I have him in several leagues.  I just responded that if he was the 2nd best RB prospect why wasn't he drafted.  NFL execs whiff all the time however.

So wtf is with this “feature back” report this morning, and now he isn’t even getting touches??  Clement has received all but one so far. He didnt get injured did he?

So wtf is with this “feature back” report this morning, and now he isn’t even getting touches??  Clement has received all but one so far. He didnt get injured did he?
Who the hell knows? I don't trust Doug Pederson. Can't believe I sat Gronk for this clown because of the news.

Of course now theyre down 16 so may abandon the run like they did last week. Though it’s not like that worked out for them.

That’s weird.  He was basically untouched on the TD that was called back, then it was all Clement until just recently.  Don’t know when he banged his shoulder.
After Giants kicked the FG and went up 9-0 he was the lead blocker on the kickoff and got hurt there. 

Feeling some Ryan Grant flashbacks from a decade ago when he was the toast of fantasy champions everywhere after coming out of nowhere to carry teams across the finish line.  Great boost to teams that had been relying on Alex Collins, Jordan Howard, or Melvin Gordon.  Seems like a solid runner.  Good patience waiting for blocks, then one cut and next gear.  Could have been a monster day of not for that iffy holding call on the lesser Kelce brother.

Eagles RB coach Duce Staley said Josh Adams is still part of a committee.

"It’s still a running back by committee. It’s all about the hot hand," Staley told reporters after Wednesday's practice. This may be coachspeak. Adams has taken the lead in the Eagles' backfield the last two weeks, though Corey Clement has remained involved in a passing role. Adams is the touch-favorite going forward, but his job security is week to week.

Source: Zack Rosenblatt on Twitter 

Nov 28 - 5:49 PM

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Josh Adams (questionable, hip) is "on track" to play Week 13 against the Redskins.

Adams landed on the injury report after tweaking his hip at Saturday's practice, though the Eagles are confident it's nothing serious. The undrafted Notre Dame alum has led the Eagles in rushing yards in each of his last four games. He'll be employable as a solid RB2 for the final week of the fantasy regular season.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter 

Dec 2 - 10:41 AM

I'm sitting him pretty much everywhere since he's Monday night game.  I don't want to wait for him to test it in warmups and be out after 5 carries, and the matchup isn't great either.  Playing Yeldon over him in 1 league, Curtis Samuel in another.  

ETA:  Chris Carson as well

Users who are viewing this thread