What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Anarchy League 1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
LEAGUE SITE is up, draft has been set to start on 8/12 at 6:00 pm.
Timer is off, subject to change if there are problems.

Draft order:

01 - Aaron Rudnicki
02 - Dickey Moe
03 - Getinthemix
04 - Jason Wood
05 - BroncoFreak 2K3
06 - bron1cos
07 - Fiddles
08 - Maggot Brain
09 - renesauz
10 - eNdblu
11 - Genester
12 - BassNBrew
13 - bueno
14 - David Yudkin
15 - TripItUp
16 - Stinkin' Ref

*Deleting my unnecessary comment with my apologies to David.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Comments like this are going to get all the leagues shut down. If you would like to be the one to get after people every time there is a lull, delay, or someone not responding then I will gladly designate you as the person to track them down.
My apologies. I know you have an extremely difficult task running these. Thank you for your efforts and time. 

The fact of the matter is, I can't get people to actively participate in a timely manner. And I don't have time to chase and prompt people to check in to the league and make a pick. We all have lives, and if someone is working, on a plane, on vacation, or being held captive and forced to listen to Justin Bieber there is nothing I can do about it.

when I can... I usually try to help by giving them a nudge through a PM here or if I think their contact info got carried over correctly from last year on MFL and they have left an email address or phone I will shoot an email or text...I'll see what I can find on Dickey Moe and Coordinator...

Really sorry guys. I had to be at a construction site early this morning and just now got out of a meeting. I'll try not to leave you hanging again...

Anarchy99 said:
Comments like this are going to get all the leagues shut down. If you would like to be the one to get after people every time there is a lull, delay, or someone not responding then I will gladly designate you as the person to track them down.
I think you need to add a couple more cups of coffee to your morning routine.  :P

Had to take a shower with some Dawn dish washing soap after that last turn.....I can’t believe I went chi/cle... holy ####

Genester said he is tied up and will pick later today.
@Anarchy99 and @Genester....this update was nice and all....but he held us hostage here all day even when he knew we were waiting on him.....guess my definition of "later today" is a little different, especially when I know I am OTC......brutal

So, I am going hiking tomorrow morning. I planned my draft so I can predraft the rest of the way (you might have noticed I predrafted from round 1 too). Anyway, have a nice rest of the draft and see you Sunday night. Happy Labor Day!

p.s If I run out o predraft options, I'll pick Sunday night.

Stinkin Ref……..16 hole

Two picks left….both will be DST

11.16    Bears, Chicago CHI TMQB24    
12.01    Browns, Cleveland CLE TMQB25

Waited a long time after seeing how things fell in Anarchy 2 which finished ahead of this one….this felt slimy to me, not sure I have EVER owned either one of these in an Anarchy or a Survivor….but at some point there may not be much separation between the lower end TMQB’s….felt the upside with these two is was a little higher than what else was left….both should be more productive than last year and the weapons are there…    

2.01    Hunt, Kareem KCC RB8
9.16    Michel, Sony NEP RB42    
10.01    Murray, Latavius MIN RB43    
13.16    Ekeler, Austin LAC RB54

Hunt is a decent start and then I just could not pull the trigger on any others until the 9-10 turn….a big part of that is the commitment to going with 3 TE’s…which I am ok with….some recent promising news on Michel helps, many have written him off, but he should see some PT at some point….this isn’t survivor so I can afford a slow start as long as he sees the field at some point….I watched the Den/Min preseason game and man Murray looks STRONG….quick and powerful….I think the FF world may be underestimating his PT and production….I think in addition to stealing some goal line work he will potentially have some stand alone value in just regular production week to week as I see him getting a decent volume of touches every week, even with a “healthy” Cook….Ekeler is a kind of do it all type that will see touches every week, and he usually produces with them….this group doesn’t look good right now and deservingly so, but I’m cool with it….and each has a shot at extra games which would help when all is said and done…

1.16    Thomas, Michael NOS WR5    
3.16    Landry, Jarvis CLE WR17    
5.16    Gordon, Josh CLE WR32    
8.01    Crowder, Jamison WAS WR42    
14.01  Sutton, Courtland DEN WR68

Gordon could be the straw that stirs the drink here and decides how good this group is….I have the CLE TMQB and what should be their top two WR’s …soooooooo your sayin there’s a chance…yeah, but a chance for what….hell I don’t know, but if the ball is in the air in CLE it will be good for Ref….Crowder was too hard to pass up and was kind of sticking out at that turn…I think Sutton is on all of my teams…I need this group to produce and produce well…I need some serious ROI here as well as at TE….

4.01    Burton, Trey CHI TE9
6.01    Kittle, George SFO TE14    
7.16    Watson, Ben NOS TE20

3 of my first 7 picks went to TE and 7 of my first 8 went to either WR or TE….I need some love here and for this strategy to pay off….one year I took 3 TE’s in the first 5 picks and ended up winning the thing….but that was also three guys named Gronk, Graham, and Hernandez….when they were all pretty young and new to the scene and all went off….this trio isn’t going to remind you of anything close to that, but I feel the 2PPR TE thing and being able to draft 3 is one area in these leagues you can try to exploit….50 receptions is a 100 reception WR….last year 15 TE’s had 50 receptions and only 7 WR’s had 100 receptions……hmmmm….I’ll roll the dice that all 3 of these guys will surpass the 50 mark pretty easy…and I have the two WR (Thomas and Landry) who led the whole league in receptions…so I got that going for me….individually I LOVE Burton at his price/ADP this year, kinda surprised it hasn’t gone up as he seems firmly entrenched in that TE9 area and I think he leaps into top 5…also bullish on Kittle and what he can do with JG and Watson back with Brees is just gravy….    

15.16    Parkey, Cody CHI PK26    
16.01    Sturgis, Caleb LAC PK27

Need Sturgis to win the job in LAC or get picked up elsewhere….I’ll take whatever DST’s are there and roll with it….like I said in the other thread DET/NOS went DST 30 and 31 last year and both finished in top 9….

Overall: receptions will not be an issue for me….RB’s don’t get any PPR which I kept in mind there…I should get some TD’s there….I feel really good about my 8 WR/TE’s and the points I should get…Sutton is the wild card that could really make that group special….but my season probably comes down to where my Team QB’s finish…..drafting in the 16 hole is always a little different and you can’t always manage things the way you want….you are often at the mercy of the rest of the league at a few points throughout the draft, but I enjoy the challenge and the crazy journey…it makes you think and stategize a little more, but also just trust your gut with some picks….good luck everybody.... :banned:  

eNdblu 10 spot
6.07 Rams, Los Angeles LAR TMQB
7.10 Chiefs, Kansas City KCC TMQB

1.10 Beckham, Odell NYG WR
2.07 Adams, Davante GBP WR
3.10 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR
4.07 Robinson, Allen CHI WR
16.07 Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR
17.10 Beasley, Cole DAL WR

12.07 Peterson, Adrian WAS RB
13.10 Powell, Bilal NYJ RB
14.07 Breida, Matt SFO RB
18.07 Kelly, John LAR RB

5.10 Doyle, Jack IND TE
8.07 Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

9.10 Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def
11.10 Chargers, Los Angeles LAC Def

10.07 Zuerlein, Greg LAR PK
15.10 Janikowski, Sebastian SEA PK

Not super sure how I feel about this time, but I think it'll do alright!

I think that the LAR will go deep into the playoffs. Hopefully Eifert doesn't break a bone walking onto the field. I ignored RB until pretty late. With 0 PPR points for RB, I didn't feel like there was as much value in the mid round pass catching RBs. I didn't think that Peterson would make it to me in the 12th round after his performance during the Thursday night games. I thought for sure he was going to get drafted.

@Anarchy99, I just noticed that there's KR/PR TD points for RBs. Is that correct? Or is that a mistake with the scoring? It's the only position that has that.

Scoring for all leagues should be:

Punt Return TD / Kickoff Return TD / Offensive Fumble Recovery TD / Missed Field Goal Return TD / Defensive & Special Teams TD should all be 6 points.

I will make sure things are set up that way (although the chances of most players being involved in those is somewhat low).

eNdblu 10 spot
6.07 Rams, Los Angeles LAR TMQB
7.10 Chiefs, Kansas City KCC TMQB

1.10 Beckham, Odell NYG WR
2.07 Adams, Davante GBP WR
3.10 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR
4.07 Robinson, Allen CHI WR
16.07 Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR
17.10 Beasley, Cole DAL WR

12.07 Peterson, Adrian WAS RB
13.10 Powell, Bilal NYJ RB
14.07 Breida, Matt SFO RB
18.07 Kelly, John LAR RB

5.10 Doyle, Jack IND TE
8.07 Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

9.10 Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def
11.10 Chargers, Los Angeles LAC Def

10.07 Zuerlein, Greg LAR PK
15.10 Janikowski, Sebastian SEA PK

Not super sure how I feel about this time, but I think it'll do alright!

I think that the LAR will go deep into the playoffs. Hopefully Eifert doesn't break a bone walking onto the field. I ignored RB until pretty late. With 0 PPR points for RB, I didn't feel like there was as much value in the mid round pass catching RBs. I didn't think that Peterson would make it to me in the 12th round after his performance during the Thursday night games. I thought for sure he was going to get drafted.

@Anarchy99, I just noticed that there's KR/PR TD points for RBs. Is that correct? Or is that a mistake with the scoring? It's the only position that has that.
Sweet! High score of the week! I think that's the first time I've been a highest score in this contest :)  I'll savour being in 1st for as long as I can haha

Users who are viewing this thread