What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need some trade help? (1 Viewer)

Disposable Hero

Footballguy
I am in a keeper/salary cap league. We start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, and a flex. I am currently keeping David Johnson($5.35), OBJ, and Collins($1.1). We can protect as many players as we want under a salary cap of $10.5 mil. I have been offered Hunt for Beckham. Hunt is $1.6 mil and OBJ is $3.87 mil. Making this trade I would also be able to keep either Ertz at $1.96 mil or JuJu at $1.8 mil. Would you make this trade? I love OBJ this year and the remaining WR's at my first pick are a big drop off from OBJ. Leave me a link and I will answer yours. Thanks in advance.

I am in a keeper/salary cap league. We start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, and a flex. I am currently keeping David Johnson($5.35), OBJ, and Collins($1.1). We can protect as many players as we want under a salary cap of $10.5 mil. I have been offered Hunt for Beckham. Hunt is $1.6 mil and OBJ is $3.87 mil. Making this trade I would also be able to keep either Ertz at $1.96 mil or JuJu at $1.8 mil. Would you make this trade? I love OBJ this year and the remaining WR's at my first pick are a big drop off from OBJ. Leave me a link and I will answer yours. Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't do the trade, I would keep OBJ. If you were looking to keep Ertz & JuJu I would simply let David Johnson go. $5.35M seems really high for an injured player coming back to a crappy team. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

I would do it. OBJ may be good this year but who knows where he'll be playing next year ir who his QB will be. Hunt is in a really good situation and since you will also be able to keep JuJu or Ertz that's a bonus. Personally I would then keep JuJu.

How do salaries escalate? 

I probably make that move because the value is there but I don't know if/how salaries escalate.   If you are a JuJu believer there isn't a huge drop to him from OBJ (I think it is a big drop but if you really believe in JuJu it isn't huge).  Hunt is solid value at his price.

DJ seems expensive at over 50% of your cap so what would his price be if you let him go and tried to get him back?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do salaries escalate? 

I probably make that move because the value is there but I don't know if/how salaries escalate.   If you are a JuJu believer there isn't a huge drop to him from OBJ (I think it is a big drop but if you really believe in JuJu it isn't huge).  Hunt is solid value at his price.

DJ seems expensive at over 50% of your cap so what would his price be if you let him go and tried to get him back?
Salaries change once we start drafting. We protect based on last year's salaries. DJ's salary actually comes down once we start drafting. If I let him go I will not get him back. I pick 11th and almost all of the top RB's will be protected. It is really OBJ for Hunt and JuJu or Ertz.

Salaries change once we start drafting. We protect based on last year's salaries. DJ's salary actually comes down once we start drafting. If I let him go I will not get him back. I pick 11th and almost all of the top RB's will be protected. It is really OBJ for Hunt and JuJu or Ertz.
Will his salary go back up for freezing next year or does it always get adjusted down?  How are salaries set if you are doing a draft?  Each round worth a certain value?  Why would a salary go down and what influences that?

It seems like there are a lot of intricacies that would factor in this evaluation.

The salaries change every year. They are taken from CDM Sports. They go up or down based on the player's prior year performance. There is no round value taken into account.

I don't think you can afford to not have at least 1 WR1. Since you already have D.J., Hunt would be more of a luxury than a need. I say stand put.

Users who are viewing this thread