What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 10th Pick (redraft) Thread (1 Viewer)

wlwiles

Footballguy
I used to love reading in these threads the last couple of seasons, trying to see what others were doing in my same position, see if I was targeting the right guys, etc.  Didn't see any of these threads for this year so figured I'd start one. 

My league is PPR, 10 team redraft, start QRRWWTF.  I've done a dozen mocks so far, and here's what I'm finding. 

• The best RB available in the 1st is Barkley ~30% of the time, Hunt ~30%, and Gordon 40%. 
  • So 70% of the time (I don't feel that Hunt or Gordon are worth the 1.10 personally) I'm looking at a WR/WR start, with OBJ/Julio/Thomas/Allen to choose from there. 
  • If I go WR/WR, the best RB available at the 3/4 turn is typically Drake/Collins, and every now and then Mixon or Howard will be there. 
  • I did luck up once and started OBJ/Thomas/McCaffrey/Howard which was by far my favorite team. 
  • I typically hope to start Barkley/WR, and in my real league where people overvalue top QBs (6pt pass TD), I think I stand a decent shot at getting him at 10. 
  • Hill makes it to 3.10 about half the time, and almost always one of Diggs/Thielen is there as well, tempting you to start WR/WR/WR.  This is what I usually do, and snag Mixon/Howard/Drake as my RB1 
  • Zach Ertz is always there at 3.10 every single time - Kelce is never there, always taken somewhere in the top half of 3rd
  • About 75% of the time Engram is there at 5.10
  • Olsen/Walker are always gone by 7.10, so if you want one of "my" top 6 (Gronk/Kelce/Ertz/Engram/Olsen/Walker) you gotta get em by the 5/6 turn, which does feel like reaching some...
  • Edit to add - I’ve always been a Wait On QB guy, so I haven’t paid real close notes to where the first few QBs are going in this.  I’ll try to note that in future mocks and add to this for anyone interested. 
Curious to see what others are shooting for.  I know it's not kosher to go into a draft with a "RB/WR/WR/RB/TE..." set strategy, and VBD and all that, but I find myself hoping in every mock that Barkley is available at 1.10, and I have no expectations of being able to comfortably start RB/RB from this slot.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. I was thinking the same thing, and just posted my 3rd Pick thread in the AC forum thinking they’d been moved or outlawed or something. Felt weird not seeing them as they are full of good discussion every year.

I don’t have a ten pick, so haven’t thought about it too much, but I’ll take a look at my mocks and rankings and provide some of my own insight.

10th spot here in a 12 team redraft - QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX

At 1.10 I've been debating RB (Fournette/Gordon/Hunt/Cook) vs. WR (OBJ/Allen/Julio). I'd love to get 2 of those 7 players at 1.10 and 2.3, and ideally a RB and WR. Not all have been available at 10, and when I go WR at 1.10 I'm usually left with CMC or McKinnon at 2.3. Leaning toward best RB at 1.10 followed by best remaining of the 7 I've listed. 

how is Barkley there at 10?
This is on Yahoo, so it’s “biased” using their ranks.  Every single mock I’ve done has Gurley, Bell, Zeke, DJ, AB, Kamara, Hopkins in some order as 7 of the first 8 gone. Barkley only lasts to 1.10 if 1.08 & 1.09 take another 2 WRs, or one goes Hunt/Gordon over Barkley.  It hasn’t happened but maybe 4 times out of a dozen or so mocks I’ve done. 

that's crazy. I feel like barkely will be gone by 10 but maybe not. 

Hunt isnt the next best rb. I'd consider fournette or cook over hunt, but that's just me. 

10th spot here in a 12 team redraft - QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX

At 1.10 I've been debating RB (Fournette/Gordon/Hunt/Cook) vs. WR (OBJ/Allen/Julio). I'd love to get 2 of those 7 players at 1.10 and 2.3, and ideally a RB and WR. Not all have been available at 10, and when I go WR at 1.10 I'm usually left with CMC or McKinnon at 2.3. Leaning toward best RB at 1.10 followed by best remaining of the 7 I've listed. 
The only WRs I would take in the first round are Brown and Hopkins. Take your best RB in the first and come back with the best WR in the second if you're inclined to go RB-WR.

just found out I have this pick for a draft tomorrow.  initial thinking is rb/wr.  doubt barkley falls but barkley/fournette/Gordon/hunt/cook for rbs and julio/obj/allen for wrs

just found out I have this pick for a draft tomorrow.  initial thinking is rb/wr.  doubt barkley falls but barkley/fournette/Gordon/hunt/cook for rbs and julio/obj/allen for wrs
Had pick 10 in 12 team PPR last night.   M.Gordon & J.Jones were first two picks.   Some really fine players available for your 3 & 4th pick.  I went WR, WR(Fitz & Ju Ju) but some fringe RB ones-- available there.

Had pick 10 in 12 team PPR last night.   M.Gordon & J.Jones were first two picks.   Some really fine players available for your 3 & 4th pick.  I went WR, WR(Fitz & Ju Ju) but some fringe RB ones-- available there.
was fournette there?

Been doing some more mocks, and it's becoming more apparent that Barkley isn't going to be there without multiple people taking QBs in the first, which could happen in a real league if passing TDs are 6 points or there is some kind of inflated QB scoring.  

I definitely see a tier of RBs emerging through doing enough mocks.  After Gurley/Bell/Zeke/DJ (Tier 1), there's Kamara/Barkley (Tier 2), and then it's a tier of Fournette/Hunt/Gordon/Cook in some order.  You're guaranteed to get two out of that tier if you want to start RB/RB in a 10 team, or you're guaranteed at least one in a 12 team, but it might have to be with your first pick. 

After doing more mocks and reading a bit more on this tier, I think I'm ranking them Fournette, Gordon, Cook, Hunt personally.  Just don't have a ton of faith in Hunt with how he disappeared at times last season.  Cook is susceptible to a slow start, but the usage at the start of last season was on pace for top 6 RB production.  Fournette is a TD machine, but injury is a risk more than the others I think.  Gordon to me is solid floor, but probably nothing more than RB8 ceiling IMO. 

If I can't get Julio in round 2 I am just go rb/rb.  I would rather have gronk than m. Thomas or Keenan allen

Picked 10th in a 12-Team PPR redraft last night.  Took M. Gordon over Jones, Cook, OBJ, and Fournette in Round 1.

Then took M. Thomas over Allen, Adams, McCaffrey in Rd 2.

Went Hilton and Collins in 3/4.

Picked 10th in a 12-Team PPR redraft last night.  Took M. Gordon over Jones, Cook, OBJ, and Fournette in Round 1.

Then took M. Thomas over Allen, Adams, McCaffrey in Rd 2.

Went Hilton and Collins in 3/4.
Which WRs were available to you at 3.10?  

Start qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex, team k def

Brees, Winston

Gordon, Howard, Miller, burkhead, Clement

Obj, Fitz, Sanders, Crowder

Olsen, Rudolph

Pitt k

Pats def

The more I look at mocks and see others actual drafts, I think from the 10 spot it's gotta be RB first, then WR or RB depending on your preference there. Can't seem to go WR first and feel good about my running backs.

Ok in a 10 team ppr redraft, from the 10 hole, and assuming a rb/wr start (say Gordon & OBJ or Julio).....do any of you consider Josh Gordon at that 3/4 turn?  The more mocks I do he isn't making it back to the 5/6 turn anymore.

Is that reaching?  The problem with the turns is that if you really want someone you often have to reach.  If both Fitz and Baldwin make it to that 3/4 turn I'd obviously go there first...but assuming 1 or both of those go I have a hard time putting a lot of the consensus guys over Gordon.

Ok in a 10 team ppr redraft, from the 10 hole, and assuming a rb/wr start (say Gordon & OBJ or Julio).....do any of you consider Josh Gordon at that 3/4 turn?  The more mocks I do he isn't making it back to the 5/6 turn anymore.

Is that reaching?  The problem with the turns is that if you really want someone you often have to reach.  If both Fitz and Baldwin make it to that 3/4 turn I'd obviously go there first...but assuming 1 or both of those go I have a hard time putting a lot of the consensus guys over Gordon.
Personally I’m not taking Gordon over the WRs that I typically see at the 3/4 turn (Fitz, Diggs, Baldwin, Hilton, Demaryius, even Landry) just because so much is unknown. Haven’t seen anything in preseason, we don’t know that the Browns are going to actually be good, usage/split with Landry is unknown, it’s not like Tyrod has produced multiple fantasy startable receivers before, if it’s Mayfield who knows what we’ll get, etc. I was liking his upside more at the end of the 5th but that 3/4 price is too steep IMO. 

But like you said, he’s not making back to the 5/6 turn lately so if you want him at 3/4, do it. Drafting from an end means reaching isn’t really a thing for us!

Just had my 10-team PPR redraft from the 10 spot. 

QB Luck

RB Fournette, McCoy, RFreeman, Ajayi, Michel, Barber

WR Hopkins, Hilton, Hill, Landry

TE Reed, Kittle

K Butker

DST Saints

There’s always a couple folks that reach early, in this draft we had 3QBs go in the first two rounds so that started the slides all over for other guys. Almost got McCaffrey at 3.10, he went 3.08 so I opted for Hill and Hilton over Mixon/Drake/Collins types. Melvin Gordon slid all the way to 2.07 and got paired with DJ so that guys backfield is stacked.   No way in hell I should get Landry as my WR4 at 7.10, and I basically ignored the WR position after that as I’d rather load up on RB lotto tickets and injury trade bait the rest of the draft. Shady slid to me at the 5/6 turn - he’s not someone I ever considered in mocks because someone would always take him but at that price I felt it was too cheap to pass up. I was targeting Burton at the 7/8 turn but he went 3 picks before me there so I decided to wait on Reed, got him at 11.10, backed up by Kittle at 14.01.  Luck was the 12th QB drafted.  I knew I’d be the last to get one, and I almost waited too long as Ben and Jimmy G went as backups before I took Luck at 12.01.  

QB Luck

TE Reed, Kittle

K Butker

DST Saints

There’s always a couple folks that reach early, in this draft we had 3QBs go in the first two rounds so that started the slides all over for other guys. Almost got McCaffrey at 3.10, he went 3.08 so I opted for Hill and Hilton over Mixon/Drake/Collins types. Melvin Gordon slid all the way to 2.07 and got paired with DJ so that guys backfield is stacked.   No way in hell I should get Landry as my WR4 at 7.10, and I basically ignored the WR position after that as I’d rather load up on RB lotto tickets and injury trade bait the rest of the draft. Shady slid to me at the 5/6 turn - he’s not someone I ever considered in mocks because someone would always take him but at that price I felt it was too cheap to pass up. I was targeting Burton at the 7/8 turn but he went 3 picks before me there so I decided to wait on Reed, got him at 11.10, backed up by Kittle at 14.01.  Luck was the 12th QB drafted.  I knew I’d be the last to get one, and I almost waited too long as Ben and Jimmy G went as backups before I took Luck at 12.01.  
Very well done!

Boom or bust at TE but you can do that in a ten team league since there will be plenty of other choices if these guy's don't work out.

Great depth at RB. If McCoy works out you will crush. Plenty of guy's you can throw in at flex if need be.

Love the receivers.

me last night. 0.5 ppr

OBJ, Hunt, Gronk, Hill, Drake, Cam, ....etc.

a little heavy on Chiefs, but i'm pretty happy with it.
Judging by the OBJ/Hunt picks you must have had pick 7 at best, and getting Gronk in the 3rd round of any type of PPR league is just straight theft on your part.  Well done!

Edit: Duh, it was pick 10. Too much drafting, not enough sleep. 

Nope.  Too many better proven player s imo too take Gordon there

QB Luck

TE Reed, Kittle

K Butker

DST Saints

Are you sure this wasn’t a 6 person draft? Sheesh, great lineup. Maybe I’m just biased because those are all guys I like. But Landry in the 7th is pretty ridiculous. I’d say good luck but pretty sure you’re gonna do just fine ;)

you understand what the thread is about right?
OOOOPS. Worst part is, I started this thread.  :shock:   :wall:  bouncing around the SP too fast I guess, forgot where I was.

My point was just to congratulate on getting Gronk in the third, I haven’t seen him escape the 2nd of any draft yet

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I’d just dig up an old one.

I always liked these threads to get a feel for what people were considering drafting and also reporting what people were seeing in mocks and actual draft results at specific redraft spots.

Non-PPR and fairly standard lineups, I believe I’m hoping to grab two RBs here.

Something like Kamara and Barkley and/or Jones seems mighty enticing on paper.

I always liked these threads to get a feel for what people were considering drafting and also reporting what people were seeing in mocks and actual draft results at specific redraft spots.

haha seeing the first reply about Hunt and Gordon I got really confused.
Kamara, Barkley, and Jones all seem WAY too early in standard to be going in the top 14 picks.

Mixon, Harris, Cook, Swift, Chubb seem much better looks. Might even team one of them up with Adams/Diggs.

12 or 10 teams?

Any historical position trends like "RBs go faster than normal" etc.?

Sharks or guppies?

Flex or start 3 WRs?

Details matter.

Assuming 50% sharks, 12 teams, Standard(not PPR), 3 WRs, no flex, and no historical data (lots of assumptions unfortunately)

I'd' go RB/WR or RB/RB

Based on Fantasy Pros ADP I'm going Mixon/Kamara or Mixon/Lamb

12 Team
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB/TE, D, K

Some sharks, but about a 15 year League so everyone is better than mediocre, but still a few guppies.

No historical runs, except a QB usually goes early.

12 Team
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB/TE, D, K

Some sharks, but about a 15 year League so everyone is better than mediocre, but still a few guppies.

No historical runs, except a QB usually goes early.

draft position #10 I go RB/RB...and I probably swing for the fences a bit so something like Mixon/Saquon or Mixon/Kamara

What would you project the 1-9 picks to be if both Kamara & Barkley would be there at 10?

In this type of 1 QB, non-PPR league I would assume that 7-9 RBs would be drafted before the 10 spot. You're at the end of the run here IMO.

But all drafts are turn purple immediately so, maybe you have a "better" option at 10.

What would you project the 1-9 picks to be if both Kamara & Barkley would be there at 10?

In this type of 1 QB, non-PPR league I would assume that 7-9 RBs would be drafted before the 10 spot. You're at the end of the run here IMO.

But all drafts are turn purple immediately so, maybe you have a "better" option at 10.
This league typically has a few guys try to go upside down or grab Kelce or the likes in round 1 previous years, even though it’s not PPR. I’m just under the assumption two WRs will go off the board before me. But of course I don’t know that for sure.

So I’d see picks 1-9 looking something like this.

Taylor, CMC, Henry, Cook, Mixon, Ekeler, Kupp, Chase/Jefferson, Harris.

Kamara may be gone at 10, but his case may still hold him back a little and I doubt Barkley is.

This league typically has a few guys try to go upside down or grab Kelce or the likes in round 1 previous years, even though it’s not PPR. I’m just under the assumption two WRs will go off the board before me. But of course I don’t know that for sure.

So I’d see picks 1-9 looking something like this.

Taylor, CMC, Henry, Cook, Mixon, Ekeler, Kupp, Chase/Jefferson, Harris.

Kamara may be gone at 10, but his case may still hold him back a little and I doubt Barkley is.
At this point I don't see Kamara's suspension being an issue until 2023.

I still like Barkley over Kamara in 2022 though. Mostly a hunch but the Giants O-line got stronger, their coaching should be better and Barkley is playing for what is likely to be his only big career payday.

I like Dennis Allen and the Saints staff but no matter how you spin it the offense took a huge (HUGE!!!) hit when Payton left and the o-line also took a hit losing Armstead. And, frankly I don't want to draft Kamara because of all his b.s.

You may be high on Barkley, but there are pretty much no leagues where he is going top 8 picks. Same with Kamara. I'm surprised you're seeing this anywhere, both of them have late 2nd/early 3rd ADPs. Kupp/Chase/Jefferson are all going top 9 in standard leagues, check out adp data almost everywhere. So it's likely that it's 6, MAYBE 7 RBs drafted before the 10 spot, not 7-9 at all. 9 would assume not a single WR goes top 9 and this just isn't happening.

You may be high on Barkley, but there are pretty much no leagues where he is going top 8 picks. Same with Kamara. I'm surprised you're seeing this anywhere, both of them have late 2nd/early 3rd ADPs. Kupp/Chase/Jefferson are all going top 9 in standard leagues, check out adp data almost everywhere. So it's likely that it's 6, MAYBE 7 RBs drafted before the 10 spot, not 7-9 at all. 9 would assume not a single WR goes top 9 and this just isn't happening.
I believe @VikingFrog said this was a non ppr league. In that format I can absolutely see Barkley and Kamara as top 10 guys.

I love Kupp & Chase but both may have just had career years. Kupp in particular with the possibility of Stafford's elbow being wonky, but 1,450 & 13 is hardly baseline even in today's pass happy NFL.

But yes, absolutely in most leagues Kupp, Chase & Jefferson will/should come off the board before Barkley/Kamara. I'm just not sold on that in a non-ppr format.

I believe @VikingFrog said this was a non ppr league. In that format I can absolutely see Barkley and Kamara as top 10 guys.

I love Kupp & Chase but both may have just had career years. Kupp in particular with the possibility of Stafford's elbow being wonky, but 1,450 & 13 is hardly baseline even in today's pass happy NFL.

But yes, absolutely in most leagues Kupp, Chase & Jefferson will/should come off the board before Barkley/Kamara. I'm just not sold on that in a non-ppr format.
Whether you're not sold on them is irrelevant if they "should come off the board before then" though. ADP shows exactly this... where these players are being drafted across thousands of drafts that are happening. In NON PPR, all 3 WR's are on average, gone by pick 8. So when you say you assume that 7-9 RBs would be drafted before the 10 spot, this is quite the wrong assumption, as it is exactly 6 RB's drafted before the 10 spot on average across the thousands of drafts done in this format.

Users who are viewing this thread