What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3RR, Auction, and FAAB (1 Viewer)

Heisenberg23

Footballguy
Wanted to get FF owners take on 3rd round reversal drafts, auctions, and FAAB.

Hopefully, imho the FF community evolves to these as more the norm.

(1) AUCTION (draft).. best way to draft especially live in person. everyone is on level playing field. 

(2) 3RR (draft)-- if not auction then this is better than serpentine as the top picks 1.01-1.04 don't have such an advantage.

(3) FAAB --- old waiver system is archaic. 

(1) AUCTION (draft)..   

Can be the best way.     Can also be a train wreck.   Entirely depends on the owner group. 

(2) 3RR (draft)-- if not auction then this is better than serpentine as the top picks 1.01-1.04 don't have such an advantage.

Never been in a 3RR draft, so can't comment.    

Best way to go, been using an acquisition budget for 25 years. 

I've never done a redraft auction but my main league is a salary cap/auction/contract going on 16 years.  Live with a group of friends, its the best FFL experience imho.  Haven't done a true 3RR but a 3rd round flip for a number of years.  Its great if you're in the back end of the draft but kinda sucks if you have pick 1 thru 4 or so.

Wanted to get FF owners take on 3rd round reversal drafts, auctions, and FAAB.

Hopefully, imho the FF community evolves to these as more the norm.

(1) AUCTION (draft).. best way to draft especially live in person. everyone is on level playing field. 

1) Every auction draft is different than the other. Such a dynamic living organism. Drafting in its purest most sublime form. The ability to get whomever you want is a gift from the fantasy gods.

2) 3RR seems more important in a year where there are only a couple of superstars to level the playing field.. This year has a deep first round, so not really a big fan of doing it this year. It's more fair than your regular snake draft though.

3) FAAB - It's been so long since I've done it any other way. I can't even remember the old ways.

Users who are viewing this thread