What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBGs Top 3 songs: Prince(closed) (1 Viewer)

comfortably numb

Footballguy
Very simple... list your top 3 songs in order with #1 being your favorite.

I'll tally up the numbers awarding 3pts for your 1st place vote and 1pt for your 3rd place.

Feel free to discuss and make funnof each other's top 3. Ill let this run til I'm bored and feel like tallying up the scores.

1. Little red corvette

2. Lets go crazy

3. When doves cry

FINAL RESULTS

Code:
Let's go crazy	       64
Little red corvette	   40
Purple rain	           34

When doves cry	28
Raspberry beret	22
Starfish and coffee	15
I wanna be your lover	14
When doves cry	12
Get off	10
Delirious	10
Darling Nikki	10
I could never take the place…	9
I would die 4 u	9
U got the look	8
Sign O the times	7
Erotic city	7
Kiss	7
Take me with you	6
Nothing compares to you	5
Why do you wanna treat me so bad	4
1999	4
Cream	4
The beautiful ones	4
Baby, Im a star	3
Seven	3
Dirty mind	3
Money don't matter tonight	3
How come U don’t call me anymore	3
Controversy	3
Thieves in the temple	3
Head	2
My name is Prince	2
When you were mine	2
Do me babay	2
P control	2
Diamonds and pearls	1
Paisly Park	1
DMSR	1
Lolita	1
International lover	1
Adore	1

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's Go Crazy

When Doves Cry

Little Red Corvette

I feel like there are 10 others in the conversation...best concert I have ever been to and there is not a close second.

Starfish and Coffee

Let's Go Crazy

I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man

Let’s Go Crazy

Little Red Corvette 

Rasperry Beret 

Feel like I’m picking chalk here but 1. These are fantastic songs 2. I don’t really have a good familiarity with Prince’s entire body of work.  Some of his stuff can be hit or miss with me but the hits are all out of the park.

We often say they broke the mold with so and so but i cant think of any other artist as unique and talented. Usually when an artist is very different the lifespan can be short but holy hell his body of work will last as long as the sun.

I recently discovered 

Controversy

"Do I believe in god, do I believe in me? 
Some people want to die so they can be free
I said life is just a game, we're all just the same, do you want to play? "

Amazing lyrics.

And i can't believe i didnt know "i wanna be your lover " as much. I guess i just wanst a big fan and would enjoy the released material so that never got as much (any) airplay but wow. What an amazing song.

We often say they broke the mold with so and so but i cant think of any other artist as unique and talented. Usually when an artist is very different the lifespan can be short but holy hell his body of work will last as long as the sun.

I recently discovered 

Controversy

"Do I believe in god, do I believe in me? 
Some people want to die so they can be free
I said life is just a game, we're all just the same, do you want to play? "

Amazing lyrics.

And i can't believe i didnt know "i wanna be your lover " as much. I guess i just wanst a big fan and would enjoy the released material so that never got as much (any) airplay but wow. What an amazing song.
I bought Controversy upon its release. Dude, it was freaking weird and unlike anything else at the time. Not so much the music (Prince was still kind of mixing Stevie Wonder & Michael Jackson), but his lyrics were nuts. I was a huge P-Funk fan and, as bizarre as Clinton could be, Prince's stuff was on a whole other level.

So many choices with no wrong answer but for me I love Prince’s early stuff. What a genius 

1-I Wanna Be Your Lover

2-Head

3-When You Were Mine 

Honorable mention : Do Me,Baby

Little Red Corvette

When Doves Cry

Let's Go Crazy

In the mid 80s when Purple Rain came out, the big question of the day was who:  Michael Jackson or Prince.  MJ was the king of pop and had perfect timing with his hits and dancing in the era of music videos and MTV.  He was in a class of his own.  Prince was a rock star (and pop) and, imo, was more talented overall than MJ.  Sing, dance, song-writer, and played a lot of instruments.  Both are legends, Prince was the whole package and gets my vote as the greatest.  

His portion of this video sums up what Prince means to me.  He ends the song with his solo and what he does at the end is the epitome of the legend that is Prince.  He was always the coolest cat on the stage, no matter who he shared it with. 

Purple Rain

Starfish and Coffee

Why you wanna treat me so bad?

Probably the only artist I truly regret having never seen in concert. Fortunately Anarchy had a ton of live Prince in his "vault" that he shared shortly after Prince died. Probably 3 DVDs worth of recordings. Just incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread