What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Warren III, RB (OAK) (2 Viewers)

I don't think it's out of realm of possibility that Warren gets cut, and moved to PS.  

Raider Nation seems to think Washington gets cut, and Warren makes it.  
Pretty sure I read somewhere that multiple teams would be interested in Warren if he didn't make the cut for the Raiders.  

Pretty sure I read somewhere that multiple teams would be interested in Warren if he didn't make the cut for the Raiders.  
I'm sure someone said that. 

I'm also sure someone is saying that about a UDFA that looks good on every team.   :shrug:

I think he makes the team.  But he's no lock.  

I'm sure someone said that. 

I'm also sure someone is saying that about a UDFA that looks good on every team.   :shrug:

I think he makes the team.  But he's no lock.  
A bunch of people on the NFL show did. At least Nate Burleson, who covered the Rams/Raiders game, said that while others nodded in agreement.  

A bunch of people on the NFL show did. At least Nate Burleson, who covered the Rams/Raiders game, said that while others nodded in agreement.  
Right. In order to believe that, we need to believe that multiple front office people told Nate Burleson that.

I don't believe that. Do you?

I believe that's his opinion. And I may even agree with it. Redskins and Jets come to mind. 

Go to any team messageboard. You'll see fans fretting over a guy you've never heard of, worried he'll get claimed. Every year, every team.

If Warren gets cut, any team that claims him will have to add him to the 53 man roster, and cut some guy they were planning on keeping. Without working him out, or speaking to him. It's very very different than a guy cut in August.

All that to say, the guy was a UDFA. No of thought he was worthy of being drafted. Preseason rushing leaders is not a very impressive group.

Right. In order to believe that, we need to believe that multiple front office people told Nate Burleson that.

I believe that's his opinion. And I may even agree with it. Redskins and Jets come to mind. 

Go to any team messageboard. You'll see fans fretting over a guy you've never heard of, worried he'll get claimed. Every year, every team.

If Warren gets cut, any team that claims him will have to add him to the 53 man roster, and cut some guy they were planning on keeping. Without working him out, or speaking to him. It's very very different than a guy cut in August.

All that to say, the guy was a UDFA. No of thought he was worthy of being drafted. Preseason rushing leaders is not a very impressive group.
Yeah, I take your point. And we're not in disagreement here. I was just pointing out that he's at least making a bit of noise. 

I'd wonder if he doesn't get plucked from the practice squad, though, from what I've seen of him. There were arguments online in the college football blogs that he wasn't used correctly at Texas by a bunch of people. Who knows, really? We'll find out.  

6'2"/250 lbs/4.69 40 yard dash

Only guy i can think of in the past 10 years with that type of profile who had any kind of success is Michael Bush.  Am i missing anyone else?

Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick whose big break was in preseason and he's in the Hall of Fame.

Only guy i can think of in the past 10 years with that type of profile who had any kind of success is Michael Bush.  Am i missing anyone else?
Combine measurables or in-game action. Which is more important to you?

side note: I’m convinced that people who are openly doubting are people who missed out on him via FA

Last edited by a moderator:
Combine measurables or in-game action. Which is more important to you?

side note: I’m convinced that people who are openly doubting are people who missed out on him via FA
He didn't play much in college.  He's never had any in-game real NFL action.  Preseason is basically worthless and not real football.  

For whatever reason big/slow RB's aren't used in the NFL.  

Corey Clement has almost an identical BMI and 40 yard dash. 

I remember a lot of people writing him off after I first mentioned him. "hes too slow" is what everyone said. 

Corey Clement has almost an identical BMI and 40 yard dash. 

I remember a lot of people writing him off after I first mentioned him. "hes too slow" is what everyone said. 
Clement is under 6 feet and doesn't even weigh 220 now.  Not close at all.

Clement is under 6 feet and doesn't even weigh 220 now.  Not close at all.
he was 220 at his combine and ran the same 40. you asked for apples to apples comparison so I went to combine numbers since thats what you referenced 

ETA: his bmi at his combine was almost the same as Warren. hense same body type

Still in 3rd qtr of 4th preseason game. Not promising for his chances of making the active roster.

he was 220 at his combine and ran the same 40. you asked for apples to apples comparison so I went to combine numbers since thats what you referenced 
Warren is 6'2"/250.  He's not even comparable to Clement.  Also Clement hasn't done anything yet.  Even if he did it wouldn't be similar.

Warren is 6'2"/250.  He's not even comparable to Clement.  Also Clement hasn't done anything yet.  Even if he did it wouldn't be similar.
6'2 250 bmi is 32. 5'10 220 bmi is 31.6 I believe. if you dont understand how that isn't comparable then I dont know what to say

6'2 250 bmi is 32. 5'10 220 bmi is 31.6 I believe. if you dont understand how that isn't comparable then I dont know what to say
it's not comparable at all.  There have been tons of 5'10"/220'ish successful RB's in the past 15 years.  Basically zero 6'2"/250 ones.  

If you can name some successful RB's who fit Warren's height/weight profile please enlighten me.

Tell that to LBs who have to tackle 250 lbs vs 220
idk.. Blount at 6'0 250 had almost the same broken tackles/touch as Kareem Hunt at 5'11 200, Alex Collins at 5'11 216, Dion Lewis 5'8 195, and Marshawn lynch at 5'11  215

:shrug:

I’m not sure it’s even worth discussing a guy that was still playing in the third quarter of the 4th preseason game this much - maybe for leagues that have a Taxi Squad.

Got him him in the last round of my dynasty auction league. I'm the only Raiders homer in the league and folks were like "who?"

I was kind of shocked as this league is all vets of FF and has been going strong for 15 years now.

Fingers crossed he pans out :-)

Disclaimer: If he makes the team.

He's worth mentioning for sure. It's good to know about these type of players. Lets say Lynch gets injured. Everyone bids/uses waivers on Doug Martin while you grab Warren for free(while @ILUVBEER99 laughs at you for some reason) and you wait to see how the split breaks down over the next few weeks. There is value in that.

I don't know why we wouldn't discuss a guy who is behind a 32 year old and 29 year old RB. Both shells of their prime days. Jalen Richard's thread has 8 pages. And he's done nothing to give the franchise confidence in him being the next man up. Not to mention all 3 are FAs after this season. 

Come March Warren could be the only RB on the roster from 2018. (If he makes the team)

Yeah...I'm still trying to wrap my head around the thought process that lead you to your new avatar. The exercise is disturbing.
I appreciate platonic beauty in all forms. It's not disturbing and I'll be going back to Anna soon. I love Fluttershy's determined innocence as opposed to Anna's world-weary cool.  

:)

eta* That shouldn't be disturbing at all, actually, now that I think about it.  

I appreciate platonic beauty in all forms. It's not disturbing and I'll be going back to Anna soon. I love Fluttershy's determined innocence as opposed to Anna's world-weary cool.  

:)

eta* That shouldn't be disturbing at all, actually, now that I think about it.  
I just hope this doesn't lead to some kind of turf war between you and @Brony, who we all know is a Twilight Sparkle guy.

I just hope this doesn't lead to some kind of turf war between you and @Brony, who we all know is a Twilight Sparkle guy.
Heh. Nah. I'm not even a brony. He's a clever fellow. I just caught an episode or two once. No turf wars here. 

As far as Warren goes, I've been impressed. But he could end up a preseason wonder like the Hayne train. That was an exciting preseason moment for rugby players everywhere.  

To me, Warren passes the eye test.  He's so young and so raw...but he looks like the real deal to me.  He reminds me of his dad.  And that's a very good thing. I hope he makes the cut, never sees the field this year and just absorbs it all and learns.  He can be a monster if you ask me, just not this year. 

I don't know why we wouldn't discuss a guy who is behind a 32 year old and 29 year old RB. Both shells of their prime days. Jalen Richard's thread has 8 pages. And he's done nothing to give the franchise confidence in him being the next man up. Not to mention all 3 are FAs after this season. 

Come March Warren could be the only RB on the roster from 2018. (If he makes the team)
I should probably clarify what I said earlier about the talk being a year early.

For MOST fantasy owners, it's a year early.  Deep dynasty should absolutely be on the radar.   :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread