What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Strategy Question (1 Viewer)

geddy1001

Footballguy
Hi folks

Im in a 10 team non-PPR which employs a basic Qb-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-D-K and most importantly 6pts for all TD's

With this type of set-up:

A. Does it make, in your minds, Drafting a QB a bit more important (because 6pts vs 4pts) than we usually employ (wait on QB's)

B. Push WR's down a bit because its neither a PPR league and also we only roster 2 starters vs 3 in other leagues.

Thanks folks!

To me it doesn't change much. It does change the rankings a little, higher for high volume td passers and less for running qb's but that would be about it.

A lot of it depends on how your draft shapes up and your pick, value is always key, but as a general rule RB's are more valuable in non-PPR and you should always wait on QB's until you have a core RB/WR group

BPA at each turn is how I approach it.  The QBs can wait, especially in a 10 teamer.
Agreed.  If anything, this set up devalues the QB position.  QB yards, the more predictable QB stat, are worth much less than usual in this league.  QB TDs, while worth more, are too unpredictable.  

Andy Dalton had more passing TDs than Drew Brees last year while throwing for over 1000 less yards.

In a ten team league like this I will probably pick my QB1 after half the league already has their QB2.  

Making all TD's 6 pts really doesn't change the relative value of the QB position because all QB's get that bump.  There are so many quality QB's that there isn't scarcity and their scoring relative to the position doesn't change.  The only thing it does is devalue the running QB's because their advantage is taken away.  No difference between throwing 3 TD's and a guy throwing 1 and rushing for two where in a standard scoring that bumps up the running QB quite a bit relative to other QB's. 

Draft QB's as you normally would and bump the rushing QB's down in the QB list a bit. 

Users who are viewing this thread