What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Anarchy's ******* Love Child League Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
The ABLC LEAGUE SITE is up and the draft has been set to start on 8/21 at 11:45 am Eastern.
Timer is off, subject to change if there are problems.

Free agent / player swap order:

01 - Biabreakable - Drops Williams, Chad ARI and claims Dissly, Will SEA TE.
02 - BroncoFreak_2K3 - None
03 - renesauz - Drops Hollins, Mack PHI and claims Richard, Jalen OAK RB.
04 - Mr. Irrelevant - Drops Walker, Delanie TEN TE and claims Thomas, Ian CAR TE.
05 - Dr. Winston O'Boogie - None
06 - Maggot Brain - None
07 - eNdblu - None
08 - ryheaps - Drops Austin, Tavon DAL WR and claims Grant, Jakeem MIA WR.
09 - BassNBrew - Drops Hill, Jeremy NEP RB and claims Samuels, Jaylen PIT RB.
10 - Blinky The Three Eyed Fish - None
11 - Duckboy - None
12 - Montana_grizzly_bears - Drops McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB and claims Juszczyk, Kyle SFO RB.
13 - TLD44 - Drops Bryant, Dez FA WR and claims Austin, Tevon DAL WR.
14 - Stinkin' Ref - None
15 - Coordinator - None
16 - BusMan - None
17 - Wet Work Scrappers - ?
18 - There It Is - None
19 - Grigs Allmoon - None
20 - TheGrimReaper - None
21 - Anarchy99 - None
22 - Cobalt Cruisin' - None
23 - jhexel - Drops Booker, Devontae DEN RB and claims Develin, James NEP RB.
24 - Ruffrodys - Drops Dixon, Ken BAL RB and claims Blue, Alfred HOU RB.
25 - Arodin - Drops Bailey, Dan FA PK and claims Gonzalez, Zane CLE PK.
26 - Norseman - None
27 - bro1ncos - Drops Olsen, Greg CAR TE and claims Thomas, De'Anthony KCC WR.
28 - Crippler - None
29 - Ben & Jerry's - Drops Celek, Nick SFO TE and claims Boyle, Nick BAL TE.
30 - Hail to the Victors - Drop Darboh, Amara FA WR and claims Roberts, Andre NYJ WR.
31 - rzrback77 - Drops Jarwin, Blake DAL TE and claims Sterling, Neal NYJ TE.
32 - Go DC Yourself - None

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to say the first free agent pick may be some solace but then looked at last year's slim pickings:  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/758135-2017-ablc-league-thread/

Can't believe I dropped the guy who turned out to be RB13, Duke Johnson, trying to get what I thought was David Johnson's replacement.
Yeah I would have picked Duke up over whoever it was I actually did pick up if he had been dropped by then.

A problem with going first as far as that goes.

Having issues with the league site. The system does not recognize team/owner info from Ben & Jerry's, Wet Work Scrappers, Blinky The Three Eyed Fish, and Dr. Winston O'Boogie. Everything I try will not link the teams to the site or people's MFL accounts. I solved one issue as Ruffroddy was linked to Ben & Jerry's somehow, but there are still those 4 teams that the system is not accepting info for.

Having issues with the league site. The system does not recognize team/owner info from Ben & Jerry's, Wet Work Scrappers, Blinky The Three Eyed Fish, and Dr. Winston O'Boogie. Everything I try will not link the teams to the site or people's MFL accounts. I solved one issue as Ruffroddy was linked to Ben & Jerry's somehow, but there are still those 4 teams that the system is not accepting info for.
@Anarchy99 Shoot me the commish log in info and I will look at it.  When you re-assign a team from the previous year to a new owner, it's still linked to the old person until the info is cleared from MFL.

I also thin you are up in 2-3 leagues right now.

@Anarchy99 Shoot me the commish log in info and I will look at it.  When you re-assign a team from the previous year to a new owner, it's still linked to the old person until the info is cleared from MFL.

I also thin you are up in 2-3 leagues right now.
I went through the steps to un-link and delete the owners.  Now the new teams have their info listed on the team info section, but they are not linked. As I said, I went through the remove owner process and the former owners are definitely no longer listed. I figured out that Ruffrody was listed as an owner on two teams, so that meant Ben & Jerry's couldn't access his team. But I since fixed that one. It's only an issue if people can't access the site to draft.

I went through the steps to un-link and delete the owners.  Now the new teams have their info listed on the team info section, but they are not linked. As I said, I went through the remove owner process and the former owners are definitely no longer listed. I figured out that Ruffrody was listed as an owner on two teams, so that meant Ben & Jerry's couldn't access his team. But I since fixed that one. It's only an issue if people can't access the site to draft.
If you have all the e-mails in, maybe send out fresh invites now that you have cleaned some stuff up.  Also these owners have to give you an e-mail that's linked to their main MFL e-mail.  Really don't know why MFL did this in the first place. 

If you have all the e-mails in, maybe send out fresh invites now that you have cleaned some stuff up.  Also these owners have to give you an e-mail that's linked to their main MFL e-mail.  Really don't know why MFL did this in the first place. 
I think part of the issue is MFL now requires franchise access codes to have at least one non alpha or numeric character. When I changed the password to include another character, people seem to be able to get in now.

Still having issues with the league site. If anyone can't get on to the site or can't make a pick, just email me who you want and I will manually enter your selection.

I tried reaching out to Wet Work (currently up to draft), but he is one of the ones having issues with the league site. Hopefully he will check in soon.

Guys, we need to average 25 picks a day to finish on time.

So far, we haven't gone over 20 in any given day...and were only that close once.

Guys, we need to average 25 picks a day to finish on time.

So far, we haven't gone over 20 in any given day...and were only that close once.
Your math is off. There are 272 picks to go. There are 13 days until the season starts. That's somewhere in the 20-21 picks per day range. We will probably get some more picks in today, meaning we would need to average 20 picks per day the rest of the way. Obviously if we picked up the pace some that would help, but I don't think the sky is falling. Worst case, any players playing on Opening Night on 9/7 get frozen at game time and can't be drafted. Then there still would be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning. If we are limping along in another week then I will get more concerned.

Not sure why Ruffrody went AWOL. Was up in two leagues, send an email, pick made right away in one league. This league, not so much.

Just checking in on progress. At the beginning of today, we had made 107 picks and averaged 13.4 picks per day. Including today, we have almost nine full days to make 212 picks, which equates to needing to make 23.6 per day for the rest of the draft. And so far, we have made only one pick today.

We need to pick up the pace to get through prior to the Kickoff next Thursday night.

Just checking in on progress. At the beginning of today, we had made 107 picks and averaged 13.4 picks per day. Including today, we have almost nine full days to make 212 picks, which equates to needing to make 23.6 per day for the rest of the draft. And so far, we have made only one pick today.

We need to pick up the pace to get through prior to the Kickoff next Thursday night.
@TLD44.....think the dude OTC hasn't checked in in over 2 days....no contact info on MFL

Thus the reason for my email this morning. I literally have no answers, especially when people delete their contact info off of the league website. Not sure why people sign up to participate and then don't really do so in a timely manner.

Even turning on the timer may not help, as the same offenders may still drag their feet. This has happened in the past and once people get stuck with players they don't want, they frequently stop drafting altogether. I don't have any potential owners lined up, as anyone that expressed an interest is already in the league. So we have to make do with the folks we currently have.

I am turning on the draft timer on, set for 6 hours. The timer will be suspended from 12 AM until 8 AM Eastern time. I have selected the option that the MFL system will first look at the owner's My Draft List then to take the highest ranked player on the Player Rankings LIST.

That is a better option than ADP, as the ADP list will still have players that are on IR or injured to start the season too high on the list. I do not believe the auto pick function filters for picks being roster friendly, so if an auto selection makes for an illegal roster, that player will go back into the player pool and the pick will be skipped and the owner will have to reach out to me for a replacement pick.

If an owner times out more than once, I will set that team on auto pick for the rest of the draft.If we don't start catching up, I will start reducing the time available on the draft timer.

Thus the reason for my email this morning. I literally have no answers, especially when people delete their contact info off of the league website. Not sure why people sign up to participate and then don't really do so in a timely manner.

Even turning on the timer may not help, as the same offenders may still drag their feet. This has happened in the past and once people get stuck with players they don't want, they frequently stop drafting altogether. I don't have any potential owners lined up, as anyone that expressed an interest is already in the league. So we have to make do with the folks we currently have.

I am turning on the draft timer on, set for 6 hours. The timer will be suspended from 12 AM until 8 AM Eastern time. I have selected the option that the MFL system will first look at the owner's My Draft List then to take the highest ranked player on the Player Rankings LIST.

That is a better option than ADP, as the ADP list will still have players that are on IR or injured to start the season too high on the list. I do not believe the auto pick function filters for picks being roster friendly, so if an auto selection makes for an illegal roster, that player will go back into the player pool and the pick will be skipped and the owner will have to reach out to me for a replacement pick.

If an owner times out more than once, I will set that team on auto pick for the rest of the draft.If we don't start catching up, I will start reducing the time available on the draft timer.
Thank you!

*** ABLC Draft Clock Timer Getting Set To 4 Hours ***

Turning the timer on yesterday didn't really get us any additional picks, so I am reducing the pick clock from 6 hours to 4 hours.
We still have almost 200 picks remaining, we haven't gained any momentum, and we aren't catching up any.

We have only averaged 14 picks per day. We need to average 28 picks per day to be done by opening day.

If you suspect you won't be available when you are most likely due up, throw several picks into a pre-draft list for your next pick.
It's either that or a role of the dice in an MFL system autopick.

*** ABLC Draft Clock Timer Getting Set To 4 Hours ***

Turning the timer on yesterday didn't really get us any additional picks, so I am reducing the pick clock from 6 hours to 4 hours.
We still have almost 200 picks remaining, we haven't gained any momentum, and we aren't catching up any.

We have only averaged 14 picks per day. We need to average 28 picks per day to be done by opening day.

If you suspect you won't be available when you are most likely due up, throw several picks into a pre-draft list for your next pick.
It's either that or a role of the dice in an MFL system autopick.
:lmao:

Kicker for you.

Got in 31 picks yesterday. Hopefully we can keep up that pace. Will evaluate tonight to see if I have to reduce the timer even more.

LOL...pulled up the draft report and visually my pick looks like it's getting close.  Then I count the actual number of picks until I'm up and it's about double digits.

LOL...pulled up the draft report and visually my pick looks like it's getting close.  Then I count the actual number of picks until I'm up and it's about double digits.
So thankful to be very near the turn and can make two picks at the same time. But, then the time to get back is...................

Wet Work Scrappers now set to auto pick all remaining picks (well, until the roster is illegal and I will have to go make a replacement pick).

Draft timer getting cut to 3 hours after next pick (Montana Grizzly Bears at pick 149).

Overnight timer break reduced from 8 hours to 6 hours, now 12 am to 6 am est.

At this point, I am ready to just finish picking for all the teams to get things over with. Either that, or come next week we will have to have a 10 minute draft timer.
My neighborhood gang that gets together every 6 weeks or so for a poker game could only muster up 5 last weekend. So we decided to play three freezeouts where the blinds went up every time around the table. Most fun I’ve had playing poker in years.

I’m just saying, if you wanted to cut the timer at the start of every round, I wouldn’t say no.

It's frustrating to me, since I'm generally asleep during the day. Would have been much happier with a longer clock averaging 22-25 a day instead of a short clock doing 30-40 a day. It sucks trying to pre-draft when you're 15 picks out, let alone do that knowing you'll also need to pre-draft the pick 6 after that one :(

It's frustrating to me, since I'm generally asleep during the day. Would have been much happier with a longer clock averaging 22-25 a day instead of a short clock doing 30-40 a day. It sucks trying to pre-draft when you're 15 picks out, let alone do that knowing you'll also need to pre-draft the pick 6 after that one :(
The league this year has been one challenge after another, from getting enough owners, to getting people to pick in a timely manner, to getting people to pick at all.
I agree the shortened draft timer makes things too rushed and creates logistical problems. It was a sub-optimal solution, but I figured it was either that or just not run ABLC this season.
We have roughly 110 picks to go, We caught up some, so would should be able to get things done by Thursday night. Like everyone else, I have had to pre-draft when I didn't want to (knowing I wasn't going to be around for my pick). It inconvenienced  everyone.

Anarchy99 said:
The league this year has been one challenge after another, from getting enough owners, to getting people to pick in a timely manner, to getting people to pick at all.
I agree the shortened draft timer makes things too rushed and creates logistical problems. It was a sub-optimal solution, but I figured it was either that or just not run ABLC this season.
We have roughly 110 picks to go, We caught up some, so would should be able to get things done by Thursday night. Like everyone else, I have had to pre-draft when I didn't want to (knowing I wasn't going to be around for my pick). It inconvenienced  everyone.
Great job David. It’s been fun. A shame some people are just inconsiderate not keeping the draft rolling

Once again drew a late spot in this league (24).  

1.24 Philly QB - 488 points last year, 1/4 of what you need to win a title.  I usually not a QB early drafter in the Anarchy's, but the value was there as Philly should make the playoffs this year.  I also saw the opportunity to potentially double up with Ajayi in the second round if he could get by Renesauz.  Really wasn't in love with the other options because playoff points were iffy at best.  maybe one of the Viking WRs, but I'd just pick the wrong one. 488

2.9 Ajayi RB - Maybe a huge reach here.  Strongly considered McKinnon so I dodged a bullet.  Jeffrey would have been the pick here but his injury situation scares me.  Felt like Agohler might slip to me in the 3rd.  172

3.24 Cohen RB - Leaned on Dodds here as I had planned to go Agohler here.  Brief hope that Davis or Gordon would continue to fall but @BusMan and @Stinkin Ref nixed that.  James White was a strong consideration here. 161

4.9 Agholer WR - Rushed to the podium here.  No other considerations.  Shocked @renesauz let him pass. 155

5.24 Elliot K - 5 picks, 4 Eagles.  Yeah, I'm really a Panthers fan.  What a huge wait for this pick (3 days) as most viable players were selected.  In hindsight this was a really bad pick.  I didn't want to be left stranded with a kicker that got cut, but I didn't take into account that this draft would be so slow that the cuts would be announced by the last round.  Defiantly should have waited and secured WR here.  172 pts last year.

6.9 Houston D - Defenses were starting to go and I didn't want to be left with one scoring negative points.  In hindsight that was another mistake and I should have taken John Brown or Ty Montgomery here as there were some viable defenses 50 picks later.  Houston had 87 points last year and should top that with Watt back.

7.24 Moncrief WR - The errors on my ways were now staring me in the face as I had one WR roster and there was absolute crap left.  The injury to Leee made this a viable pick.  Dodds has him slated for 117 pts and playoff potential exists.  That said, I'd much rather have Cole or Westbrook. 

8.9 Gates TE - No TE on the roster at this point but got lucky with Gates signing right before I went OTC.  Yeah I know he sucked last year, is a gazillion years old, and projected for crap points by the FBG experts (64 pts).  I can't help but think that Rivers will lean on him in the red zone and some of Henry's production will come back to him.  I also see the Chargers challenging in the West.

9.24 Pryor WR - By not the depleted WR pool from round 7 was laughable.  Had hoped for Patterson here.  Some of you guys were drafting WRs I've never heard of.  I scrolled way down the MFL draft list and saw Pryor.  Pryor had talent at one time and was injured last year.  The QB play will be bad, but Pryor's QB experience may be helpful in helping him sync up with the rookie Darold.  93

10.9 Hill RB - Pleasantly surprised to see him around.  Playoff opportunity is extremely high and he looked good in preseason.  He could become a TD vulture or he could leap frog Burkhead on the depth chart.  NE has lots of rushing TDs so this is a stab at that pie.  There were a couple of other options I won't mention that I considered.  Waiting on RB and loading up on WR early would have been a viable strategy. 60

Overall, I think I made too many draft errors to contend.  Obviously if Philly return to the Bowl I'll have an outside shot of catching people late.  Even if I used last year's numbers for Philly QB and Elliot and Houston D with Dodds projections everywhere else I only total 1569 points.  That's not a contending team.  Hill, Gates, Pryor, Agholer, and Moncrief would all have to exceed projections by 50 points and I'd have to have no injuries to even get near 1800 points.  Not happening.

It is really challenging to draft late in this bastardization of fantasy formats. From the 32 hole:

1.32    32.    Thielen, Adam MIN WR    

I like the value of Theilen here. Extra games a good bet.

2.01    33.    Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR    

The chosen one.

3.32    96.    White, James NEP RB    

In this format White is pretty valuable. Always gets his. Extra games a near lock.

4.01    97.    Thompson, Chris WAS RB    

Adrian Peterson is done. Thompson the best RB option and will have a lot of receptions.

5.32    160.    Cardinals, Arizona ARI TMQB    

For me this decision was between the Cardinals QB and the Ravens. Lamar Jackson was very tempting but I like the Cardinals skill players more.

6.01    161.    Davis, Vernon WAS TE    

Stud. Reed always hurt. Alex Smith history.

7.32    224.    Carlson, Daniel MIN PK    

Hope he can hang on to the job all year and get some extra games. This guy can hit long field goals.

8.01    225.    Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR    

I have become a huge doubter or Treadwell but Cousins seems to like him and maybe it just takes a more talented QB to unlock what Treadwell can do. Cousins likes to throw over the middle which seems to be the main area where Treadwell gets open. He might be Cousins Jordan Reed.

9.32    288.    Williams, Chad ARI WR    

Still don't know that much about this guy but he seems to be in there as a starter with Kirk. Combos with my QB.

10.01    289.    Dolphins, Miami MIA Def

I have been trying to avoid all Dolphins this year. For almost pick 300 this isn't bad though.

Not sure how well this team will do. I have some players with potential for extra games. This team needs the Cardinals to do well.

In my two prior years in ABLC I drafted 8th and 15th. I figured the 29-hole would make things tougher but even so I underestimated the difficulty.

It's total points, so consistency is key ... but if you hope to beat 31 other teams, ceiling is important too. So my strategy was to, somehow, maximize variance while ensuring baseline point production. And, hey, fans of DFS will tell you one good way to do that! 

1.29 / 2.04 - Stefon Diggs, WR10 MIN / Vikings TMQB5 MIN 
If it were pure variance I was after, there were definitely lower-cost ways to build a useful QB/WR stack, but what the hell. I'm high on Diggs taking the leap to studhood in 2018. Very high playoff potential.

3.29 - Delanie Walker, TE10 TEN 
Walker isn't going to win this league for me but, unlike many of the TE options being drafted around this spot, he probably won't lose it either. Moderate playoff potential.

4.04 - Sony Michel, RB36 NEP
Owning shares of the cheapest major Pats' backfield option has won me leagues before. Now just stop putting the ball on the ground, son. Uncle Bill HATES it when people do that. Very high playoff potential.

5.29 / 6.04 - Mike Williams, WR60 LAC / Dede Westbrook, WR63 JAX
Two guys light-years apart physically but very similar otherwise - starting outside WRs with plenty of talent and opportunity for a breakout in their first full seasons. Williams' edge is the higher-wattage offense;  Westbrook's is competing for targets with a guy named Keelan instead of Keenan. High playoff potential for both in a weak AFC.

7.29 / 8.04 - Bears, DST13 CHI / Matt Prater, PK14 DET
What do you get when you add the second-best defensive player on Earth to a team that finished DST7 without him? Don't know, but I'm excited to find out. Prater is the opposite of exciting, but he's accurate, has job security, and kicks in a dome. Low playoff potential.

9.29 - Rod Smith, RB68 DAL
The Cowboys' final 53-man roster includes two, count 'em, 2 halfbacks. Now, I suppose this could mean Zeke sets the modern-day NFL record for touches while playing a full 16, but I wouldn't bet the ranch on it. Smith should offer some standalone value on top of his obvious lottery ticket appeal. Some playoff potential.

10.04 - Dante Pettis, WR105 SFO
Explosive athlete drafted significantly earlier than expected by a team without an archetype #1 WR. If he doesn't seem to have a role in week 1, well, at least I'm 4th in the waiver queue. Moderate playoff potential.

I've built a lot of variance into this roster, but with (at least in my mind) more of it skewed to the upside than last year - with the exception of Michel, I guess. Clearly I won't be in the running without a deep Vikings playoff run, but beyond that it's likely to be the Williams/Westbrook duo that makes or breaks this team.

The Bears pick was pretty awesome.

You have a lot of Vikings Chargers and Jaguars all who have good chances for extra games.

As expected, the teams on auto pick ended up with illegal rosters. I fixed that, so guys that were listed as picked initially will still be available. 

Users who are viewing this thread