What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Anarchy's ******* Love Child League Thread (1 Viewer)

The league this year has been one challenge after another, from getting enough owners, to getting people to pick in a timely manner, to getting people to pick at all.
I agree the shortened draft timer makes things too rushed and creates logistical problems. It was a sub-optimal solution, but I figured it was either that or just not run ABLC this season.
We have roughly 110 picks to go, We caught up some, so would should be able to get things done by Thursday night. Like everyone else, I have had to pre-draft when I didn't want to (knowing I wasn't going to be around for my pick). It inconvenienced  everyone.
Well, you got 21 teams under an hour. That's good management. Let's :banned: to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miscalculated the number of kickers that would need to be taken ahead of me and only put in two. Hopefully, this guy lasts in Dallas. I have no clue who he even is. 

Ben and Jerry's doesn't appear to have a TE on his roster. Not sure if he'd been put on autodraft or just forgot he needed one ...

Haven't really had the time to think about team write ups or look at the rosters, but here's some general comments and thoughts on my hodge podge of a team.

1.12 Gordon, Melvin SDC RB (RB8)
Got things off to a decent start. Gordon could be on a post season team that could earn a couple of extra games. He finished 6th and 7th the past two years, so getting some playoff points could push him into the Top 3 or 4.

2.21 Saints, New Orleans NOS TMQB (QB7)
For some reason, I get sucked into taking TMQB's early in ABLC but not in the regular leagues. Maybe it's because you only get one in this league. I think Brees gets more TD's, the Saints advance a little farther this year, and NOS doesn't fare as well rushing the ball . . . so more passing TD for Brees this season. Saints TMQB ranked 7th last year and 4th the year before (55 points higher). The pick value wise is fine based on draft spot and compared to other TMQB's. But the issue I have with it is it dilutes the production at other positions (IMO) to make it worth the early draft pick.

3.12 Tate, Golden DET WR (WR29)
Tate ranked 16th and 17th the past two years. Not sure why he was still on the board. I like this pick, as it smells like value at this spot.

4.21 Anderson, Robby NYJ WR (WR45)
He ranked 24th last year. On paper, this looks like a steal unless he gets suspended, which is an option. I think Darnold does better than expected and the Jets look closer to a real team. Maybe not like the season Fitzpatrick had a few years ago, but a decent air attack.

5.12 Vikings, Minnesota MIN DEF (DEF4)
In the regular Anarchy Leagues, I usually wouldn't take a defense this early. However, the bottom tier defenses can kill you in this scoring system. I'm guessing MIN gets at least 2 playoff games. An oddity from last year is that most defenses that made the playoffs LOST points by doing so (or barely got anything extra). MIN DEF ranked 6th last year, so probably not a lot of value here . . . but waiting another 40 something picks to draft again I didn't really want to chance a run on defenses. By the time I would have picked again, 6 more defenses came off the board . . . probably fewer than I thought but I still think MIN was a safe pick.

6.21 Bryant, Matt ATL PK (PK6)
In hindsight, I think this was a stupid pick for two reasons. One, unlike regular Anarchy, you get a mulligan pick after Week 1. So waiting on a PK is probably the better play. And two, by the time we got to this pick, cut down day was here and we knew who ended up as rostered kickers. So there really was very little risk to waiting on a kicker . . . every team would get a starting PK. I suspect in the future this will cause me to make sure all the Anarchy drafts are completely done before roster cuts are announced to make people have some fear and trepidation about not getting a kicker. Bryant should again be a decent kicking option. He was the #2 PK last year and Top Dog the season before. Sure, that's nice, but I would rather have had a position player here when there were still a few decent options left.

7.12 Seals-Jones, Ricky ARI TE (TE26)
And now a word about tight ends. Across the leagues this year, if I couldn't grab a top tier (or tier two) TE, I mostly punted. I know that seems odd in the other leagues, but in this league in particular it made the most sense. If we look at scoring from 2-3 years ago, almost all the second and third tier TE's willl be different. There's Gronk-Kelce-Ertz. IMO, Olsen (older and health questions), Walker (older and health issues), Rudolph (probably still a decent option), Engram (numbers should drop with OBJ and Barkley), Graham (TE numbers in GB with Rodgers not that great let alone age and health questions). Doyle has Ebron and can you really bank on Luck? Bottom line, to me there are a ton of questions at the TE position this year. Not a lot of proven commodities and the established players (at least to me) don't seem like they have a ton of upside.

As far as Seals-Jones goes, I think ARI uses him as an oversized WR a lot and he will put up WR50ish type numbers. But that would turn out to be around 140 fantasy points in PPR, which last year ranked as TE11. If things work out that way< I will be overjoyed. But certainly this carries a fair amount of risk taking an unproven TE that really isn't a TE on the Cardinals who haven't really used the TE spot all that much.

8.21 Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB (RB63)
Around now is when I wished I didn't take Brees and the Saints in the second round. Not a lot left to pick from at RB, and factoring that I already picked TMQB, PK, and DEF meant I had to find some hidden gems at my RB2, WR3, and FLEX spots. I would much rather have been picking from TMQB, PK, and DEF as you know you might get lower scoring from those spots but you know you still will get points. I have no love for Yeldon, but you can bet on T.J. if anything happens to Fournette. Pardon the bad pun, but Yeldon ranked as RB45 last year and JAC should be in the playoff mix again. Not a huge fan of having a prayer at RB2 with limited upside unless his team's starter gets hurt.

9.12 Kerley, Jeremy BUF WR (WR93)
Again, tough to find many points available at WR93. But he was WR56 two years ago playing in the desert of an offense in SFO. I've read that he should see a lot of snaps and targets playing in the slot in BUF. Maybe that means something, maybe it doesn't, but the Bills aren't exactly stacked with weapons. Best guess is he plays a fair amount, and you can't score fantasy points being on the sideline.

10.21 Edmonds, Chase RB ARI (RB73)
Having to take a flex player at this point is like fishing in a toilet bowl to see what bites. Decided to forgo some more certain options to score a few points to swing for the fences and hope something happens to David Johnson. It's a barren wasteland in Arizona at RB behind Johnson. There's pretty much Edmonds and very little else. At the 309th pick, it was worth rolling the dice that he turns into Arian Foster and rises from nowhere. Even if Johnson were to get hurt, IMO it's more likely the Cards would sign or acquire someone else, but I figured I needed to take a chance to get lucky to stand a chance to win. Two years ago, the other ARI backs combined for 75 points, so I think Edmonds will at least score something even if Johnson suits up every week.

I am not thrilled with my team although it probably isn't as bad as I think it is. My last 3 picks would leave me options to drop to pick up someone better in the one player swap, but my waiver claim position isn't very good and that probably won't come into play. Probably not my best drafting effort, but anything can happen in this league if your guys stay healthy and someone else's guys get hurt.

Ben and Jerry's doesn't appear to have a TE on his roster. Not sure if he'd been put on autodraft or just forgot he needed one ...
I fixed it. The system doesn't look at the roster requirements when making an auto pick. So I had to go in and tweak the rosters a few times.

Team Holloway

Not the best effort I think. Regardless, key players are LAC Team QB, I expect another big season for Philip Rivers with the Chargers making the playoffs. L. Bell needs to get in and play well obviously, with the Steelers also a potential playoff team. Edelman offers nice scoring, but only after the suspension and Patriots another good shot at the playoffs. Matthews overlooked this off-season due to injury concerns but hope that he is well now. Titans less shot at extended season. C. Meredith could be big for Saints, again if healthy and love the Saints this year. Punted on tight end and happy to get Brate and final pick Jarwin, who knows? Eagles DST early with me thinking Eagles and Saints top two NFC teams.

1.2 LeVeon Bell Pitt RB2 (RB4) Numbers given are where I picked him with Dodds current ranking in parenthesis. Bell has slipped a bit lately. 
IF he shows up SOON, this is a cornerstone pick for any league. The later it gets, the more questions that are asked. Great player on a solid team with playoff potential, but risky.

2.31 Chargers, TMQB 9 (QB11)
Similar to David, I reach for quarterback in the Anarchy leagues, especially this one. Rivers is a bargain here, with playoff potential high and I am a bit higher on him than Mr. Dodds. The deal, just as David stated is that you only get one and you need to make it count. It does definitely impact later rounds as production at other positions is difficult to locate after so many are off the board. Being on the ends of a 32-teamer is never-ending between picks and it makes it very challenging to plan ahead.

3.2 Edelman NEP WR26 (WR45) Suspended
Perhaps a reach and decreased value due to his missing games, but he should be Brady's top WR target and great potential at playoffs.

4.31 Eagles DST3 (DST2)
Really good defense on a top playoff candidate team. Probably should gave considered RB or WR here, but made a quick pick to get a top defense. Like the quarterback early selection, this must pay off dividends as it greatly impacts other positions.

5.2 R. Matthews TEN WR53 (WR50)
This pick felt like a good value pick. Matthews, if available for the full season will get targets, perhaps more than most pundits expect. Not as big a fan of C. Davis as most, but believe in Matthews to easily make this pick.

6.31 C. Meredith NO WR70 (WR57)
One of my best value picks. I think that Meredith's skill set fits directly into Drew Brees' wheel-house. Again, coming off injury but if healthy will produce well above expectations. I believe that Ginn will lose snaps and targets steadily to Meredith

7.2 Brate TB TE25 (TE18)
I punted this position and was exceedingly happy to get Brate this late. I love the value here. 

8.31 Ivory BUF RB65 (RB50)
Earlier in the off-season, when many were expecting a suspension for McCoy, Ivory was talked up as a bargain. That talk has disappeared as it looks more and more likely that McCoy will not be suspended. Maybe Buffalo shares carries and Ivory produces. This pick is much more wishful thinking than value.

9.2 Haushka PK BUF PK20 (PK18)
Back to back Buffalo Bill picks in a league that adds credit for playoff production. What could go wrong there? The weather late in the season is a negative, but there are more negatives that just need to not be listed.

10.31 Jarwin TE39 DAL (TE38)
Stop me if you have heard this one. Prescott has to throw to somebody, doesn't he? It was a challenge to identify anybody worth picking here, so maybe Jarwin will be the Cowboys' top tight end and maybe their offensive line will not need help and maybe he has reasonably good hands and catches some touchdowns. I don't even like the Cowboys, but you have to take some shots and Jarwin is the almost Mr. Irrelevant shot for me here.

Good Luck to all and it will be great tracking these Anarchy Leagues throughout the year. Thanks again to David for all his efforts, particularly here.

Ref....19 hole

Such a crazy way to end the drafting season....in the BLC I invest very little time in trying to figure out a strategy...I'm sure there is one or several...but I just try to have some fun, piece it together as I go...but really just follow my gut...

1.19    Patriots, New England NEP TMQB1   

right away my gut said Brady and the Pats are a good place to start....didn't love anything at other positions...other sniffs: PHI and GB TMQB's

2.14    Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR19 

with RB's getting a PPR in this bad boy, I felt I could wait and snag/cobble together some late round pass catching backs and just roll with them...so I focused on WR here since we have to draft at least 3....was hoping Cooks fell just a little more as he would have been the easy pick.....and I may have really sniffed Landry if he fell one more spot....but JuJu will suffice...I didn't realize he is 6'1....in my head for some reason I always thought he was short....that means nothing really but I realized I never really spent much time looking at the dude as he hasn't been on many/any of my teams...hopefully an extra playoff game or two

3.19    Gordon, Josh CLE WR32 

uhhhhhhh....yeah....

kinda like when you go somewhere that has breakfast burritos sitting on the table and you take one.....but then you sheepishly go back a couple more times hoping nobody notices and you snag another one "for later" ....and then another one that you can heat up "tomorrow morning" for breakfast....you feel really bad doing it but really good all at the same time....but you just snag em and go and make ZERO eye contact with anybody else in the room...

4.14    Peterson, Adrian WAS RB38  

got two of the needed three WR's and a QB....my TE target Burton was taken even before my third round pick so I was going to wait and pray Watson would make it to the 5th....so I took a look at RB...well, I guess I'll be that guy that falls for it here....he looked good against DEN in preseason and looks to be the early down back....Kelly and Perine suck, so Peterson should play...we will see, but if he plays like he looked in the preseason....he should exceed RB38

5.19    Watson, Ben NOS TE16 

if you add up the ages of my QB/RB/TE it comes up to 111 years old....feels like I am falling for ALL of the preseason tricks that get played on fantasy football newbs....Gordon is going to play all year not get suspended and show us THIS year that he really is a top 10 talent....ADP is back baby!....and remember when Watson played with Brees in 2015 and went for 74/825/6?....he's gonna do that #### AGAIN this year....well anyway, they say he still looks like a physical specimen, so I'm all in....weren't any other real sniffs here as I felt it was time for a TE and nothing screaming value fell...

6.14    Sutton, Courtland DEN WR65 

I kinda been pimping this guy all summer....I will continue to put my money where my mouth is....going strictly for high upside/breakout here....usually gotta hit something to win these things

7.19    Ekeler, Austin LAC RB57 

one of my favorite late round targets this year and a guy I don't think is getting the love he actually kinda deserves from last year....kind of a do it all type of guy, but it feels like many think he is just a 3rd down COP dude....I think he is more than that and smashes the 74 touches he got last year...he moves the chains when he touches the ball...and I always tend to shy away from Gordon for some reason...this kid is from the town I live in, went to high school with both of my kids...so it doesn't get any more HOMER of pick than this for me....but he has ALWAYS exceeded expectations....I need some more of that here...felt like most upside of the backs left...

8.14    Lambo, Josh JAC PK16

3 picks left and need my flex, PK and DST....committed to taking my medicine at DST and know that will be my last round pick...and think I can find a decent RB/WR/ or TE in the 9th so snagged a potential playoff PK here on a decent team...he only missed one FG last year...

9.19    Gabriel, Taylor CHI WR96

this may seem like and look like a ho hum pick....probably is...but he will be opposite Robinson in the starting lineup with Miller in the slot in 3 WR sets...with Nagy in town, bigger/better things are expected on offense....Nagy will use his speed and with Arob, Miller, and Burton demanding some attention, Gabriel could have some nice weeks that hopefully add up to some end of season production....

10.14    Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def29 

CIN finished 22nd last year....I'll take a repeat and be happy... 

overall: not a ton of playoff potential...but if my 3-4-5-6 picks are treats instead of tricks....I could maybe hang around middle of pack or around 12 or so at the finish....good luck to all of you (in your home leagues).... :banned:

1.5 Antonio Brown. Thought hard on Barkley but went with the playoff guy instead

2.28. Marvin Jones. With only PPR for TE and no RB that stood out, thought let’s go for best WR core. 

3.5/Sammy Watkins. He was next predrsft after Jones and still lasts 10 picks later. Davis and Crabtree where next pre selects

4.28. George Kittle. Waited because and worked out okay. Should be top 10 type guy

5.5. Giovani Bernard. Thought about QB but was going to take Ravens and a few left. Knew I would not get Bills, do took the PPR type RB. 

6.28. Balt QB. Grabbed the Ravens now. I am big on Joe who has a fire under him and nice new targets. Plus I think playoffs

7.5. Mason Crosby. Wanted solid PK with playoff chances. There is 10 guys  who might not last 2 weeks. So jump in now

8.28. Hayden Hurst. Stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Should only miss week or two and could lead me large. 

9.5. Atlanta D. I said do I go D or Jeremy Hill but knowing I would end up with crap at the end, I went playoff contender and D many expect good things out of. 

10.28. Philip Lindsay. Okay. I suck at RB but hope he gets a few catches each week from game manager Keenum as most electric back on roster. I hoped for Hill and was down to only 4 teams that could snipe and BassTard did. 

I like it and think I have a chance waiting on QB is going to pay off this year. 

Thanks to all who do writeup. I think you give the masses some good thoughts 

uhhhhhhh....yeah....

kinda like when you go somewhere that has breakfast burritos sitting on the table and you take one.....but then you sheepishly go back a couple more times hoping nobody notices and you snag another one "for later" ....and then another one that you can heat up "tomorrow morning" for breakfast....you feel really bad doing it but really good all at the same time....but you just snag em and go and make ZERO eye contact with anybody else in the room...
:lmao:  

Unless you're @Soulfly3, in which case you go full Impractical Jokers and just strut up to the buffet, shout "Sorry folks, first come first serve!", pick up the entire tray full and march out the front door with it.

1.5 Antonio Brown. Thought hard on Barkley but went with the playoff guy instead

2.28. Marvin Jones. With only PPR for TE and no RB that stood out, thought let’s go for best WR core. 

3.5/Sammy Watkins. He was next predrsft after Jones and still lasts 10 picks later. Davis and Crabtree where next pre selects

4.28. George Kittle. Waited because and worked out okay. Should be top 10 type guy

5.5. Giovani Bernard. Thought about QB but was going to take Ravens and a few left. Knew I would not get Bills, do took the PPR type RB. 

6.28. Balt QB. Grabbed the Ravens now. I am big on Joe who has a fire under him and nice new targets. Plus I think playoffs

7.5. Mason Crosby. Wanted solid PK with playoff chances. There is 10 guys  who might not last 2 weeks. So jump in now

8.28. Hayden Hurst. Stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Should only miss week or two and could lead me large. 

9.5. Atlanta D. I said do I go D or Jeremy Hill but knowing I would end up with crap at the end, I went playoff contender and D many expect good things out of. 

10.28. Philip Lindsay. Okay. I suck at RB but hope he gets a few catches each week from game manager Keenum as most electric back on roster. I hoped for Hill and was down to only 4 teams that could snipe and BassTard did. 

I like it and think I have a chance waiting on QB is going to pay off this year. 

Thanks to all who do writeup. I think you give the masses some good thoughts 
Really nice team Crippler.

1.11  Fournette, Leonard JAC RB - The offense will run through him. Plus playoff points will be a plus.

2.22  Lynch, Marshawn OAK RB - I like what I've seen in pre-season. As a RB2, I'll take it.

3.11  Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQB - A healthy, playoff bound QB?

4.22  Golladay, Kenny DET WR - He has a high ceiling this season.  In this format, that's a definite plus.

5.11  Hurns, Allen DAL WR - Someone has to catch passes/TDs in Dallas... right?

6.22  Hooper, Austin ATL TE - He's been working all off-season with Ryan. And if my TE catches something, at least I double up on the points.

7.11 Grant, Ryan IND WR - If Luck can't get it to his WR2 with single coverage, oy vey!

8.22  Goedert, Dallas PHI TE - 1st league that he fell to me.. who was looking to draft him?

9.11 49ers, San Francisco SFO Def - not much left - just hoping to stay out of negative points.

10.22  Nugent, Mike OAK PK - a kicker.. As a Raider homer, I am hoping he is padding a lead often(I can dream..can't I?).

Anarchy99 said:
 An oddity from last year is that most defenses that made the playoffs LOST points by doing so (or barely got anything extra). MIN DEF ranked 6th last year, so

Yeah none of the playoff  teams could play good defense in the playoffs last year.

It almost makes me wonder if teams aren't saving offensive plays for the playoffs and not using those plays during the regular season.

Wow. Haven't logged in under this name in 7 years. Shows you how much I use it. Here's my run down . . .

1.23 Allen, Keenan SDC WR8 (Last year finished WR5)
I don't care what the scoring system is, Allen should not be on the board at pick 23. Allen was Top 5 last year WITHOUT playoff points. This could be the year the Chargers make the playoffs and get a couple extra games tacked on. With 2 more average games in the post season, Allen could easily finish Top 2-3.

2.10 McCoy, LeSean BUF RB18 (RB8)
I have been pimping McCoy as a value pick from even before the off season stuff. I am not concerned about a possible suspension for a few reasons. 1) it takes the league forever to investigate things, 2) the GF only accused him in court of not providing ample security, and 3) places like TMZ can find dirt on anybody and haven't reported anything incriminating so far. Sure the Bills offense blows chunks and McCoy ain't 23 any more. But how many 300 touch backs are out there these days?

3.23 Lewis, Dion TEN RB31 (RB10)
Well, he's not on NE anymore and will have to split time with Henry. I doubt TEN makes it to the playoffs again, but I definitely wanted to get 2 decent RBs because waiting on RBs does not seem prudent in a league like this. He should perform well enough to earn back his draft slot if he stays healthy. And if Henry gets a nagging injury I can see Lewis getting more work than expected.

4.10 Woods, Robert LAR WR40 (WR28)
Another decent value pick, IMO, as the Rams seem set to go back to the post season. Woods ranked 28th last year even missing 4 games. WR40 seemed like a steal.

5.23 Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB22 (TMQB8)
Bortles didn't exactly light the world on fire last year and yet the JAC TMQB still ranked 8th. The defense can still carry the team to the playoffs and some extra games. I don't see any way they fall to TMQB22. Second tier TMQB scoring but taken 151 picks in.

6.10 Brown, John BAL WR64 (WR88)
Brown has usually been decent when he actually plays. Said to be the best receiver in camp for the Ravens. I'll believe it when I see it (just like I'll believe he can play in 16 games when I see it. Ravens a fringe playoff team IMO. If healthy, finishing better than WR64 seems like a lay up and easy money.

7.23 Vannett, Nick SEA TE28 (TE61)
Dickson is out 6-8 games, so Vannett should be a starter for half the season. If he does well, he may not give up many snaps if/when Dickson returns. As I said earlier, I didn't see a lot of early TE value and figured things are dicey beyond the first few TE's. Many more decent mid-round receivers than there are mid-round TE's.

8.10 Taylor, Trent SFO WR86 (WR70)
I've been reading good things about Taylor. He produced as the WR47 playing with Jimmy G. Said to be in line for a lot of targets. The #86 WR in this format scored 74.60 points last year. Third receivers in Shanahan offenses . . .

Kevin Walter in HOU - 126 points
Leonard Hankerson in WAS - 115 points
Miles Austin in CLE - 116 points
Mohamed Sanu in ATL - 183 points
Trent Taylor in SFO - 96 points

There wasn't much left to pick from at this point in the draft. I should be able to extract a little value here.

9.23 Cowboys, Dallas DAL DEF26 (DEF14)
Did the Cowboys defense lose a bunch a people this year? They were still on the board and did decent enough last year.

10.10 Catanzaro, Chandler PK28 (PK17)
Catanzaro finished PK17 last year on the Jets. TBB may not be a great offense, but at least it's a warmer climate.

I normally don't like my ABLC teams, but I think I have a decent contender in this one. I'd be interested to see how the franchises stack up for those that kept track using projected numbers.

Team Holloway

Not the best effort I think. Regardless, key players are LAC Team QB, I expect another big season for Philip Rivers with the Chargers making the playoffs. L. Bell needs to get in and play well obviously, with the Steelers also a potential playoff team. Edelman offers nice scoring, but only after the suspension and Patriots another good shot at the playoffs. Matthews overlooked this off-season due to injury concerns but hope that he is well now. Titans less shot at extended season. C. Meredith could be big for Saints, again if healthy and love the Saints this year. Punted on tight end and happy to get Brate and final pick Jarwin, who knows? Eagles DST early with me thinking Eagles and Saints top two NFC teams.

1.2 LeVeon Bell Pitt RB2 (RB4) Numbers given are where I picked him with Dodds current ranking in parenthesis. Bell has slipped a bit lately. 
IF he shows up SOON, this is a cornerstone pick for any league. The later it gets, the more questions that are asked. Great player on a solid team with playoff potential, but risky.

2.31 Chargers, TMQB 9 (QB11)
Similar to David, I reach for quarterback in the Anarchy leagues, especially this one. Rivers is a bargain here, with playoff potential high and I am a bit higher on him than Mr. Dodds. The deal, just as David stated is that you only get one and you need to make it count. It does definitely impact later rounds as production at other positions is difficult to locate after so many are off the board. Being on the ends of a 32-teamer is never-ending between picks and it makes it very challenging to plan ahead.

3.2 Edelman NEP WR26 (WR45) Suspended
Perhaps a reach and decreased value due to his missing games, but he should be Brady's top WR target and great potential at playoffs.

4.31 Eagles DST3 (DST2)
Really good defense on a top playoff candidate team. Probably should gave considered RB or WR here, but made a quick pick to get a top defense. Like the quarterback early selection, this must pay off dividends as it greatly impacts other positions.

5.2 R. Matthews TEN WR53 (WR50)
This pick felt like a good value pick. Matthews, if available for the full season will get targets, perhaps more than most pundits expect. Not as big a fan of C. Davis as most, but believe in Matthews to easily make this pick.

6.31 C. Meredith NO WR70 (WR57)
One of my best value picks. I think that Meredith's skill set fits directly into Drew Brees' wheel-house. Again, coming off injury but if healthy will produce well above expectations. I believe that Ginn will lose snaps and targets steadily to Meredith

7.2 Brate TB TE25 (TE18)
I punted this position and was exceedingly happy to get Brate this late. I love the value here. 

8.31 Ivory BUF RB65 (RB50)
Earlier in the off-season, when many were expecting a suspension for McCoy, Ivory was talked up as a bargain. That talk has disappeared as it looks more and more likely that McCoy will not be suspended. Maybe Buffalo shares carries and Ivory produces. This pick is much more wishful thinking than value.

9.2 Haushka PK BUF PK20 (PK18)
Back to back Buffalo Bill picks in a league that adds credit for playoff production. What could go wrong there? The weather late in the season is a negative, but there are more negatives that just need to not be listed.

10.31 Jarwin TE39 DAL (TE38)
Stop me if you have heard this one. Prescott has to throw to somebody, doesn't he? It was a challenge to identify anybody worth picking here, so maybe Jarwin will be the Cowboys' top tight end and maybe their offensive line will not need help and maybe he has reasonably good hands and catches some touchdowns. I don't even like the Cowboys, but you have to take some shots and Jarwin is the almost Mr. Irrelevant shot for me here.

Good Luck to all and it will be great tracking these Anarchy Leagues throughout the year. Thanks again to David for all his efforts, particularly here.
I love the Brate pick even though I think Howard emerges and perhaps fades his opportunities some, he should still catch quite a few anyways.

I was more bullish about Meredith back in May. I think Trequon Smith may be in the mix as well and Meredith won't get the volume with Brees like he was as the last man standing for the Bears. I do think Brees will throw more than last year though and maybe even 10% of that is worth having as WR 70.

In regards to Matthews I am expecting Taylor to emerge as well as Corey Davis. More 3 and 4 WR sets which should help Mariota. I am not sure Matthews gets 50 receptions this year.

It is a long wait when you draft high for a 2nd pick and now Bell still not reporting with a lot of eggs in that basket. 

I have no idea who is going to catch the most passes at TE for Dallas.

1.01 Todd Gurley LAR RB1 (RB1) The only thing that tempted me away from the chalk pick is Kamara’s upside but I figured the Rams to go farther in the playoffs.  Also Brady given his track record and thus was surprised he didn’t go until 19, after going fourth last year.

2.32 Chris Hogan NEP WR25 (WR44) The playoff points and Edelman’s absence seemed to justify this optimism.

3.01 Jimmy Graham GBP TE5 (TE7) Playoff points and a better offense made this hard to argue with.

4.32 Sterling Shepard NYG WR 51 (WR 45) Unlikely playoff points but if he stays healthy he should be more like WR40 or so.

5.01 John Ross CIN WR52 (WR217)  No, that’s not a misprint, he was WR217 last season.  198 scored at least .1 points, 18 that were in MFL’s data base had zero, and then there was Ross, coming in last on the list with his negative .8.  But he seems to have more upside potential in his situation than the WR that were left.  I considered locking down a second RB in Bernard at this point, but figured I’d instead swing for the fences.

6.32 and 7.01 Alfred Morris RB64 (RB67) and Matt Breida RB65 (RB49)  When I passed on Bernard I looked down the list to figure out which RB might be available after 63 more picks and hoped Breida would, given that his preseason injury had kept him out of games.  He was still there Saturday morning into the sixth round , so I put him at the top of my list.  Then the news about McKinnon comes out that afternoon, and I figure with me 4 picks away I won’t get him so I add Morris.  Then some SF writer says Morris will be primary beneficiary of the injury, so I put him first and Breida second and end up with both (wasn’t planning filling flex but now it seemed a good idea).  I see that in PPR Dodds has them at RB44 and 43, respectively so I don’t think I could do any better at this point at RB and flex.

8.32 and 9.01 AZ DEF20 (DEF16) and Ka’imi Fairbairn Hou PK19 (PK21) At this point I had to consider which of last team picks at 10.32 among QB, Def, and K will hurt me least, and I figure it is QB, given the Def scoring and the tendency of kickers to get cut throughout the season.  AZ Def won’t likely get playoff points, but they seem to get turnovers so was satisfied with this pick.  Houston’s PK may show up in the playoffs but whether it is this guy remains to be seen.

10.32 Buffalo Team QB32 (QB20)   The only hope may be with the Buffalo defense bad that there will be the potential for garbage time points.

Ref....19 hole

Such a crazy way to end the drafting season....in the BLC I invest very little time in trying to figure out a strategy...I'm sure there is one or several...but I just try to have some fun, piece it together as I go...but really just follow my gut...

1.19    Patriots, New England NEP TMQB1   

right away my gut said Brady and the Pats are a good place to start....didn't love anything at other positions...other sniffs: PHI and GB TMQB's

2.14    Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR19 

with RB's getting a PPR in this bad boy, I felt I could wait and snag/cobble together some late round pass catching backs and just roll with them...so I focused on WR here since we have to draft at least 3....was hoping Cooks fell just a little more as he would have been the easy pick.....and I may have really sniffed Landry if he fell one more spot....but JuJu will suffice...I didn't realize he is 6'1....in my head for some reason I always thought he was short....that means nothing really but I realized I never really spent much time looking at the dude as he hasn't been on many/any of my teams...hopefully an extra playoff game or two

uhhhhhhh....yeah....

4.14    Peterson, Adrian WAS RB38  

got two of the needed three WR's and a QB....my TE target Burton was taken even before my third round pick so I was going to wait and pray Watson would make it to the 5th....so I took a look at RB...well, I guess I'll be that guy that falls for it here....he looked good against DEN in preseason and looks to be the early down back....Kelly and Perine suck, so Peterson should play...we will see, but if he plays like he looked in the preseason....he should exceed RB38

5.19    Watson, Ben NOS TE16 

if you add up the ages of my QB/RB/TE it comes up to 111 years old....feels like I am falling for ALL of the preseason tricks that get played on fantasy football newbs....Gordon is going to play all year not get suspended and show us THIS year that he really is a top 10 talent....ADP is back baby!....and remember when Watson played with Brees in 2015 and went for 74/825/6?....he's gonna do that #### AGAIN this year....well anyway, they say he still looks like a physical specimen, so I'm all in....weren't any other real sniffs here as I felt it was time for a TE and nothing screaming value fell...

6.14    Sutton, Courtland DEN WR65 

I kinda been pimping this guy all summer....I will continue to put my money where my mouth is....going strictly for high upside/breakout here....usually gotta hit something to win these things

7.19    Ekeler, Austin LAC RB57 

one of my favorite late round targets this year and a guy I don't think is getting the love he actually kinda deserves from last year....kind of a do it all type of guy, but it feels like many think he is just a 3rd down COP dude....I think he is more than that and smashes the 74 touches he got last year...he moves the chains when he touches the ball...and I always tend to shy away from Gordon for some reason...this kid is from the town I live in, went to high school with both of my kids...so it doesn't get any more HOMER of pick than this for me....but he has ALWAYS exceeded expectations....I need some more of that here...felt like most upside of the backs left...

8.14    Lambo, Josh JAC PK16

3 picks left and need my flex, PK and DST....committed to taking my medicine at DST and know that will be my last round pick...and think I can find a decent RB/WR/ or TE in the 9th so snagged a potential playoff PK here on a decent team...he only missed one FG last year...

9.19    Gabriel, Taylor CHI WR96

this may seem like and look like a ho hum pick....probably is...but he will be opposite Robinson in the starting lineup with Miller in the slot in 3 WR sets...with Nagy in town, bigger/better things are expected on offense....Nagy will use his speed and with Arob, Miller, and Burton demanding some attention, Gabriel could have some nice weeks that hopefully add up to some end of season production....

10.14    Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def29 

CIN finished 22nd last year....I'll take a repeat and be happy... 

overall: not a ton of playoff potential...but if my 3-4-5-6 picks are treats instead of tricks....I could maybe hang around middle of pack or around 12 or so at the finish....good luck to all of you (in your home leagues).... :banned:
I think you should call this team the land of misfit elderly toys.

ABLC player swap has started. Updates in OP of this thread.

Also FYI on scoring for all of the Anarchy Leagues. The system was scoring kick return TDs twice, so I re-scored all the leagues to only credit 6 points for a kick return.

Drop Mack Hollins, pickup Jalen Richard (flex spot)

Message sent to Mr I

Going to make an executive decision and skip over TLD44. If he decides he wants to swap, he can pick from any current free agents that are still left when he makes an appearance but not any of the players that will be dropped after him.

That's because we did the draft nearly a month later than in previous years.
This is pretty much it. Camp battles and NFL roster cuts gave us all pretty much a clear path as to who the have's and have not's were DURING the draft. In prior years, that sorted itself out AFTER the draft. So there were not as many mystery players or people that earned bigger roles to choose from as free agents.

Similarly, all the kicking battles were already decided, so owners didn't have to use their waiver pick up to snag a new kicker. And there were not a ton of late camp / first game season ending injuries (there were a few, but some years there have been more). So fewer rostered players to have to drop for a healthy body.

Certainly I prefer drafting earlier, as that requires more and earlier insight as to how NFL rosters will play out (and it leaves some players as options for the player swap).

The big issue for the ABLC league this year was getting enough owners to participate. Can't start a draft if there aren't enough owners to participate.

Same deal with Wet Work Scrappers as TLD44. If they get back to me with a player swap, they can pick from whomever was available as an original free agent but not any of the players dropped after their turn.

There It Is can let me know what player to swap.

Wow, my roster is an abomination. I’ll drop Jarein and add Ravens rookie tight end from Oklahoma, is it andrews?

The MFL system already rolled over into Week 2, so they are working on a workaround to get Week 1 re-scored with everyone's roster swaps. Apparently the system is not set up to re-score things for weeks already completed (well, that's what they indicated to me).

The MFL system already rolled over into Week 2, so they are working on a workaround to get Week 1 re-scored with everyone's roster swaps. Apparently the system is not set up to re-score things for weeks already completed (well, that's what they indicated to me).
Worst case, manually calculate the changes in scoring and apply them positive or negative to week 2.

Extra work, so I volunteer to do the calculations for you if you end up having to go this route.

Worst case, manually calculate the changes in scoring and apply them positive or negative to week 2.

Extra work, so I volunteer to do the calculations for you if you end up having to go this route.
They got back to me and claim they are making a tool / script that will rerun the scoring from Week 1 and that will replace the data that is currently being stored for Week 1 results. So in theory everything should be fixed by this time tomorrow. So no need to kill yourself using your fingers and toes or searching for your abacus buried in the basement to get the proper results just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread