Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
zed2283

David Moore, WR (SEA)

4 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

That can EASILY happen.

It's a juggling act with our rosters which is why I'm thinking of starting a thread based off my running "hot list" for dynasty leagues next season (& where everyone else can input their hot list recommendations based on their leagues if they want).

I mentioned it in the Chris Herndon thread, but it would be similar to the weekly waiver wire threads only with a continuous theme.

Sounds like a great idea: Sticky Stash Hot List. 

• Like 1

Definitely a guy to consider. Most targeted today, looks like he's the most explosive receiver on the team for multiple weeks. Wilson also seems to like looking for him on those deep strikes, and even for some 50/50s. Moore also seems like he can get open when Russell does his usual break from the pocket under pressure or designed roll outs to get him on the run, and I've noticed Russell looks for Moore a lot on these kinds of plays.

• Like 1

After disappearing for a few weeks, our boy put up 4 rec. for 103 and another TD today.  I think we have a full-blown hype train.

:drive:

Edited by zed2283
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zed2283 said:

After disappearing for a few weeks, our boy put up 4 rec. for 103 and another TD today.  I think we have a full-blown hype train.

:drive:

I benched him for Ross of course.

David Moore failed to catch any of his five targets in the Seahawks' Week 14 win over the Vikings.

He and Tyler Lockett (six) were the only Seahawks with more than one target. Russell Wilson went 10-of-20 for 72 yards and a pick, but Moore could have had a bigger night. He was able to only get one foot in bounds on what should have been a 35-yard touchdown and later dropped a pass. Moore saw elevated snaps with Doug Baldwin (hip) out, but his night was very frustrating.

Dec 10 - 11:53 PM

This guy, along with Trequan Smith, killed me down the stretch this year.  So much for zero wr theory.

Edited by PIK95

41 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

Interested in people who have seen most Seahawks games and their view of Moore, long term. 

Just under 505 reception rate. 4 targets per game average since week 5. What  is in his future (2019)?

They don't have much of a passing game. They had the fewest pass attempts in the NFL this season at 427 (almost 200 fewer than league leading KC). #2 in the league for rush attempts. They found an effective formula that worked this season. Moore seemed to have value while Baldwin was out but clearly behind both Lockett and Baldwin (even injured). He could have value, I guess, with Baldwin's regular injury status but he's not going to have much value (imo) otherwise. They need to upgrade the WR position, for sure, but they've shown that they can win as a run-first team when paired with RW's magic when needed. I picked him up this year after the reports from the offseason. I knew that Jaron Brown wouldn't be much to beat and anticipated Doug's injuries. He's not worth holding onto.

14 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

Interested in people who have seen most Seahawks games and their view of Moore, long term. 

Just under 505 reception rate. 4 targets per game average since week 5. What  is in his future (2019)?

I had him for parts of the season and saw him play live in London this year. He had his hot and cold periods and was very TD dependent. He was a big redzone target and one of the reasons Brandon Marshall was released. The Run first offense has pretty much narrowed to Lockett on big plays and Baldwin in more of a posession role in the passing game. Moore was that wild card but there wasn't alot of mouths to feed when you run that much.

That being said I had him on my dynasty team and dropped him for other more consistent pieces. He is on the short list if we happen to increase roster size this off-season but right now he wasn't a hold for me, even though he is a rookie and has a ton of potential.  

IF Baldwin moves on somehow then I could see him opposite Lockett for a few years to come and Wilson showed him some love quite a bit especially when Baldwin wasn't much of a factor. It wasn't a surprise when Baldwin started getting productive the last 3rd of the season that Moore fell off a bit. 

15 minutes ago, ex-ghost said:

He also dropped a few big passes, but seems like an arrow-up type of player for the Seahawks.

The question is when will he get a legit shot? 

Bumping this thread based on the Baldwin news.  He showed some promise last year when Baldwin was out, and may be cast in a starting role at least early in the season, giving him an opportunity to seize it.  Seemed like Carroll liked him, and Wilson seemed to trust him.  He made some big plays at times.  Seems like a great add, whose value oddly has risen even with the Hawks drafting Metcalf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Bumping this thread based on the Baldwin news.  He showed some promise last year when Baldwin was out, and may be cast in a starting role at least early in the season, giving him an opportunity to seize it.  Seemed like Carroll liked him, and Wilson seemed to trust him.  He made some big plays at times.  Seems like a great add, whose value oddly has risen even with the Hawks drafting Metcalf.

I'm ok with Metcalf as a Moore owner. DK obviously has upside, but I'm leery of him becoming more than a one-trick pony (which helps Moore).

Edited by Football Jones

Seahawks drafted three WRs.  I can't say I like that, but hopefully Moore continues to shine and improve.

Speaking Thursday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll singled out WR David Moore's offseason for praise.

Carroll said Moore has "made a huge leap in overall knowledge of receiving and ability to play multiple spots." The 2017 seventh-rounder made noise as a big-play threat last season but posted inconsistent numbers on inconsistent usage. He was phased out the down the stretch. The Seahawks have since seen the retirement of Doug Baldwin, though they also used three draft picks on wideouts. Moore figures to remain a highly-volatile WR5/6 in a run-first offense.

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter

Jun 13, 2019, 4:19 PM ET