What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College Football DFS is Back (1 Viewer)

Any chance projections are going to be ready for the first slate of games?
They won't be ready for the 3 game slate tomorrow (today). Admittedly, we were a bit surprised by the news and are frantically trying to get them up for the 8 game slate Thursday and the 16 game slate next Saturday. Would rather spend the extra time trying to really learn these teams again as while I know them it's a different animal knowing them to the level where you're comfortable creating projections.

Thanks for the replies - I hope FBG gets some articles out, hard to find material anywhere. You guys did a great job when this was around 3 years ago ? Hopefully, something for this Thursday and definitely Saturday ? Thanks for all the effort ! 

Just got gut punched.  It's only available (right now) in slightly more than half the U.S.  Only eligible in the following states:

Alaska
California
Connecticut
Washington, D.C.
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Kansas
Kentucky
Michigan
Minnesota
Nebraska
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Oregon
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Texas
Utah
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

I'm in Tennessee.  :wall:

Not close enough. I found another site that isn't as restricted (fanpicks.com), so I might try that for a few weeks. 

@Devin Knotts  Hi Devin,  I read your article about it being back. Will you be posting content for this weekends plays?

We'll have articles covering DraftKings and now FanDuel for the Saturday slates. I'm not sure if I'll be doing any of them or not I'm still figuring out who the best people are to do that as I have a ton of responsibilities on the NFL side along with doing the projections and IVC's.

We'll see I love writing about the slates a lot more than doing the projections as I can explain the numbers, but it will just come down to if time allows me to do that.

Devin Knotts said:
We'll have articles covering DraftKings and now FanDuel for the Saturday slates. I'm not sure if I'll be doing any of them or not I'm still figuring out who the best people are to do that as I have a ton of responsibilities on the NFL side along with doing the projections and IVC's.

We'll see I love writing about the slates a lot more than doing the projections as I can explain the numbers, but it will just come down to if time allows me to do that.
Thanks Devin, looking forward to it.  I'm new to college DFS but are only the big colleges on the slates? I'd be interested in Buffalo's WR Anthony Johnson.

Dang, Calcaterra who I had 100% of goes off the field for a play and his backup scores a 65 yard TD. Was looking great until that

The shark play is for @David Dodds to pull you off everything except for college football.  You're a difference maker in that field that would support the subscription up charge for dfs content.

Is it cool to ask questions about the rankings and write ups here? I was curious about the discrepancy between Rodney Anderson and Adrian Martinez's write ups and projections. The Khalil Tate projection also stood out. Does the algorithm just expect him to go wild on the ground?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Im not getting rich this weekend, but 5/5 in GPPs is nothing to sneeze at. I cannot wait for MACtion.

I saw your post on Twitter about not liking the superflex format. I agree. Do you happen to have all the contest results, or know where I can find them. Im curious to see if 2 qbs has actually been the ideal roster construction so far

@Devin Knotts

@BassNBrew

Honestly it improves each week as we get more data on these teams. I went back and looked at 2011-2015. Week 1 and 2 are my worst weeks for whatever reason, and once October kicks in there is a drastic improvement in profitability.

I still miss your write ups Devin.  The last year they were doing it, I made money nearly every week using your write ups.  Haven't done so hot so far this year, but like you said hopefully more data will start drawing in better winnings.  Regardless, thanks for everyone's hard work on both the college and NFL side.

To my understanding, I live in PA and therefore can not take part in the fun, correct?
If you go to enter lineup they have your information and won't allow your lineup to be entered if you are in a state they don't allow College to be played.  I don't know which states aren't allowed except for Indiana because thats where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread